PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady called Hasselback about Branch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ichiro said:
That's the whole point, Brady hasn't gotten over it. That why as a Pats fans Im concerned. I don't understand why we can't fairly criticize him.

How do you know that? Peter King? Have you spoken with Brady? Has he shared his feelings with you?

This phone call happened a while ago, didn't it? And I thought it was a text message.

Last edited:
Ichiro said:
That's the whole point, Brady hasn't gotten over it. That why as a Pats fans Im concerned. I don't understand why we can't fairly criticize him.

Really? And you definitely know this?

The message was left the day after the trade...since then they played their second game -it has almost been two weeks. Why are you insisting that Brady is still hanging on?

I think the fact they he would not answer a Branch question in a Press Conference this past week and proceeded to tell the reporters he wanted to focus on who was here at WR shows he HAS gotten over it.

Last edited:
Bella*chick said:
How do you know that? Peter King? Have you spoken with Brady? Has he shared his feelings with you?

This phone call happened a while ago, didn't it? And I thought it was a text message.

EXACTLY!!!!

Man...the game started. Some Seahawk to the 3 yard line and Branch comes over and pats him on the head. It didnt feel right seeing Branch in a silk blue 83 Seahawks jersey...

I think maybe we need to cut Brady some slack and stop overanalyzing EVERYTHING he does.

Kdo5 said:
Man...the game started. Some Seahawk to the 3 yard line and Branch comes over and pats him on the head. It didnt feel right seeing Branch in a silk blue 83 Seahawks jersey...

It made me ill to see him in the jersey.
It amazes me how I hate Branch and Vinateri now...I never thought that would happen! It didn't take long. Just one view of them in the other team's jersery and the hate spewed out!

This thread is sickening. Not because people disagree with Brady, but for the group of posters here who apparently wish injury on Deion Branch. That's just digusting and makes me ashamed to even share the same message board with such moronic individuals.

If you honestly think Deion committed an act so heinous and hurtful to you as a person that you have to publically specify that you don't want a career ending injury, but just some snapped tendons or a broken bone to befall him, then you should just fall off a cliff. What a bunch of punks.

Last edited:
A lot of dumb posts on this thread.

This was a very human and very decent thing for Brady to do, and it was an act of friendship toward Branch, who he clearly likes and respects. And why not?

I'm sure what he was saying to Hasselbeck was, "Take care of my boy--he's good people." I have no idea how you can fault that.

Remember, people, football is just a game and professional football is just a business. All kinds of human concerns supercede it.

Criticizing someone for acting with kindness and charity toward a friend only reveals your "take no prisoners" mentality. Maybe that makes sense in a war--maybe--but in football? Please.

In a way, it's the kind of gesture a parent might make when sending a child off to college--a token of affection and a way of effecting closure.

First of all, Tom Brady is a man. The football player comes a long way after that. And from every sign I've seen he is an admirable man. I can't say the same for those here who would find fault with that act of decency.

Can we please raise the age limit on this board?

There have been some really moronic threads on this site over the past few weeks...

Drewwho said:

The message was left the day after the trade...since then they played their second game -it has almost been two weeks. Why are you insisting that Brady is still hanging on?

I think the fact they he would not answer a Branch question in a Press Conference this past week and proceeded to tell the reporters he wanted to focus on who was here at WR shows he HAS gotten over it.

Uhh.. if you read MMQB, Peter King (who is pretty reliable) says that Brady sounds like his dog died. Why is he talking to a media member in this tone? After a WIN? I believe BB tells his players to say something positive or don't talk at all. If you look at his body language (especially during the Jets game) and listen to remarks during press conferences, I believe he is still trying to infer his displeasure even a week and a half later.
Listen I dont want it to seem like I hate or dislike Brady. I just believe he is handling this whole Branch situation un-Brady like. He has done wonderful things for this organization but to believe he is beyond criticism is crazy and unbalanced.

Last edited:
Drewwho said:

Hmmm, a press conference where no questions are answered on a specific subject, DB, is almost zero proof that Brady is over the trade. He very well might be, however and again, not answering Q's at a press conference doesn't mean anything. I would think the first hard sack TB took would get him over this (at least I hope so). There is eveidence to suggest the possibility that Brady is not over it yet. I certainly am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt though. As far as talking to MH? If the two are already friends, I am not sure what the problem is. A guy TB knows well now is with MH. Why wouldn't they talk about him. Further, what was he to say? 'Hey Matt, you got yourself a holdout, sniveling jerk who is injury prone!'.

maverick4 said:
Can we please raise the age limit on this board?

There have been some really moronic threads on this site over the past few weeks...

This is another reason why the mid-90's is referred to as the Golden Age of the Internet; infantile minds hadn't figured out how to corrupt it with their stupidity yet.

Last edited:
I agree, raise the age limit. Brady can't make a phone call? People need to grow up here.

Ungeheuer said:
I agree, raise the age limit. Brady can't make a phone call? People need to grow up here.

It's not just that. Read the first page of this miserable thread; people hoping Branch suffers injury and so on. Just flat-out unwarranted filth from individuals with small minds.

Ichiro said:

Everyone, including Brady, is concerned about how Brady plays.

But none of us need to be concerned about whether Brady called Hasselback or not, and whether he is upset that Branch has moved on.

The only thing we need to criticise or to worry about is how Brady performs ON THE FIELD. His performance will improve as he figures out who his new WRs are.

The rest is just us sitting around and trying to be psychologists. What tone did he take in an interview, what were his exact words about this or that? What was his 'body language' after throwing a pick in the Jets game? Who did he call on the phone? It doesn't matter, folks!

Brady wants to play well, and he will in time. But the fact is that he is essentially in pre-season form with his new WRs, and it will take a couple more games to really get anywhere.

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
This is the worst post I have read at this site. Not only do you manage to completely misunderstand the basic fact that athletes who perform together on superbowl teams form unbreakable friendships, but then you drag this completely imaginary 'homo' crap into it. That's what trolls are supposed to do.

This is as moronic a post as I can remember. 'Move on Already' is perhaps the only thing that makes any sense in this post, but I would instead say 'Time to think about putting this behind you and getting to know your new WRs.'

This 'homo' crap is just made-up garbage, and it makes me sick that Pats fans are so wishy-washy on this topic, the guy is straight and so what if he is 'metro'. I can't believe people are so incapable of understanding that Brady is a family guy who always has a girlfriend. :rolleyes:

Hey now, I didn't say there was anything WRONG with him forming a homosexual like attachment to Branch, just that it's one of the downsides of him being a metrosexual. It can get in the way of the team first, forget former players.

mcbee said:
Hey now, I didn't say there was anything WRONG with him forming a homosexual like attachment to Branch, just that it's one of the downsides of him being a metrosexual. It can get in the way of the team first, forget former players.

Another stupid post. :rolleyes:

DefenseRules said:
...to tell him that he got a gem of a receiver. I heard this on Patriots today this morning. Zolack said not to make to much of it. But man, for some reason it really pissed me off. We have 4 new WRs on this team who need his undivided attention and he felt compelled to call a QB on another team to talk about a WR who no longer plays here.

It's probably not a big deal, but it really bothered me for some reason and for the life of me I can't figure out why. :confused:

Not really sure what to make of this.........on one hand a compliment for Branch....on the other....a bit of a slap in the face to his teammates considering the "SITUATION" in which he was "lost".......very peculiar move by Brady.....or maybe "nothing" like Zolak said....

it bothers me someone started this thread, i thought we beyond this.

Joe Buck said during the Seahawks/Giants broadcast that Tom Brady had been e-mailing and text messaging Matt Hasselbeck about Deion Branch. That's different than just making one phone call. Hasselbeck said he felt like he was dating one of Brady's ex-girlfriends. I'm officially concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back