Welcome to PatsFans.com

Brady called Hasselback about Branch

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by DefenseRules, Sep 24, 2006.

1. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +230 / 6 / -1

#12 Jersey

...to tell him that he got a gem of a receiver. I heard this on Patriots today this morning. Zolack said not to make to much of it. But man, for some reason it really pissed me off. We have 4 new WRs on this team who need his undivided attention and he felt compelled to call a QB on another team to talk about a WR who no longer plays here.

It's probably not a big deal, but it really bothered me for some reason and for the life of me I can't figure out why. :confused:

2. Keegs

Keegs In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

that bothered me too. He was just being the nice class guy but it was too much.

It resembles the boyfriend who is kinda nuts and just can't stop bothering his ex-girlfriend.

3. jaychamp

jaychamp On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

So he shouldn't make personal calls on his own free time? It's not a big deal at all.

4. desi-patsfan

desi-patsfan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

hmm doesnt bother me. Seems like a stand up thing to do even though Banch is an ass. I doubt calling Matt and speaking for a few minutes in any way interferes with his relationship with other WR's.

5. Kdo5

Kdo5 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +36 / 5 / -3

I hope Branch doesnt have a monster day today so we can all hear about how big a mistake we made by letting Branch go.

6. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +514 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

This was brought up a week ago.

Forget The Twig.

7. Keegs

Keegs In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I hope he breaks his leg.

I really do. :)

8. zippo59

zippo59 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

It bugged me too.

I don't know how good it is for the confidence of the other wide receivers that Brady is still so hung up on this guy.

9. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +514 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

I don't want a life damaging injury (like paralysis) but anything short of that, say torn ligaments, would definitely make me happy.

SNAP THE TWIG.

10. Ichiro

Ichiro On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This is bothering me too guys. I've been really disapointed in Brady this year from a leadership standpoint.
    There are so many stories coming out about how angry Tom is from the Branch ordeal. But what bothers me is that Brady did not try to squelch it immediately (at least publicly). His body language on the field has been terrible also.

I don't mind the missed throws and lack of chemistry with the WRs. I can understand that. I can't understand the immature pouting especially when we are 2-0.

11. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Because you want them to hate defectors like a fan would. It just doesn't happen. NFL players are in their own little fraternity and it supercedes team which in the salary cap era is a fleeting thing.

And you are listening to the rehash crap on BCN - just say no to hacks rehashing week old melodrama and you will be smarter at the end of the day girlfriend!

12. captain stone

captain stone Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +235 / 45 / -22

No Jersey Selected

I completely agree. TB has better things to do, than calling to give praise to a scumbag who left this franchise high and effin dry. Our QB has been in a mini-funk since the donkeys game; now is his chance to exact a small bit of revenge, which should be doable because of the running game. He doesn't need to toss 40-yard lollipops into double coverage. Just throw a quick-hitter to Gabriel, and watch him run.

Snap that twig! Snap that twig! Snap that twig!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2006
  13. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

You people are too much sometimes...you always have to bash all athletes who leave New England. Mentality of ten year olds. On top of that, it's absolutely sacrilegious to you if our star QB has good things to say...

Why, exactly, do you have a problem with this? It's a pretty classy gesture, IMO.

14. BoTown

BoTown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

Agreed. People are making too much of this.

Relax.

15. DefenseRules

Ratings:
    +230 / 6 / -1

#12 Jersey

You are probably right. But Brady hasn't looked sharp the last two weeks,IMO. At first I thought it was because of the lack of chemistry between him and his new WRs.Then he came out and admitted that the Branch trade affected his preparation and his play in the first game. That lack of sharpness continued last week against the Jets. It left me wondering if the Branch trade is still affecting him. I think that's why that report this morning bothered me so much. Look, I know that these guys are friends and what not, but the NFL is not going to stop the season because one of their boys was traded. I'm just concerned that he hasn't moved on from the loss yet.

16. Ichiro

Ichiro On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't have any issues with Brady calling Hasselbeck. I don't have a problem with Branch.

My problem is that Brady talks to Peter King after Sunday's win over the Jets and King says it sounds like Brady's dog died. Is Brady depressed over the fact that Branch is gone or the fact that his two turnovers led to a momentum swing? If he is upset over his play than I have no problem, I know he will play better.
    But if he is sounding all sad after a WIN because he is still upset over the Branch saga, then we have a problem.

17. I'm Ron Borges?

I'm Ron Borges? On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That's becaue you are fan and you try to make more out of these things than the actual players do. Brady and Branch are friends, not crazy fans who live their lives through other people. I'm sure Brady is going to stop talking to his friends around the league because you and others are bothered by it. My guess is he doesn't give a damn what you think and you should probably remember that this is just a game and not live or death. If it's really bothering and confusing you that much, my advice would be to get a life for Christ sakes.

18. RayClay

RayClay Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +789 / 6 / -10

#75 Jersey

Thanks, saved me a post.:D

19. DefenseRules

Ratings:
    +230 / 6 / -1

#12 Jersey

That is exactly what bothers me about this. I know Brady and Branch were close, it's natural for him to be upset about the trade. But if he is still mourning his loss that badly, then yes we have a problem.

20. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

He is moving on, it's just it's slow going when you don't yet have something to move on to. Trust your first instincts - it is about not having chemistry with three new WR's, two of whom he didn't have a camp to build a relationship with either and one of which never saw our playbook before week 1.

This is week 3, take a deep breath and let the team build it's chemistry.