PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady blows off postgame presser - pouting??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny, when Phillip Rivers does that a lot here call him a big baby. Interesting.

No one here cares about Philip Rivers anymore. Not that I agree with the poster. I always think that kind of behavior is uncalled for, even from Brady.

I am glad Brady is pissed. He plays hurt for weeks, Welker gets hurt, he gets pounded while throwing an int. Then BB pulls him at the end of the game. He should be pissed.

Yeah. I doubt he'll be taking a hometown discount next contract.

Probably pissed he was benched for Hoyer.

I wouldnt be surprised if BB pissed him off on purpose, a pissed off TB going in to a playoff game is a good thing.

Very unlike Tom Brady to blow off post game press conferences but he did today.

As most folks here appreciate, football in the NFL is an intensely emotional game. IMHO, it was better for Brady to skip the presser and risk being accused of "pouting" (Oh come on! "Pouting?") than say something he would regret if he were in the grip of a lot of strong feelings. If that's so, what he did is fine with me.

Do people really think he was "benched" for Hoyer?

I knew when hoyer replaced him in the second quarter that BB wanted to see him in pressure situations. I was not surprised to see it again on the last drive and it was pretty clear he wanted to see how Hoyer would do over winning the game. Have people not followed the Pats will him as the coach?

Benched....I believe BB said something in his pressure about it too.

That hit by Mario Williams on those broken ribs may be part of the reason for Hoyer playing at the end and Brady not talking.

Maybe at the post-game presser he was still on a table with team doctors. I hope not, but we will never know.

Last edited:
That hit by Mario Williams on those broken ribs may be part of the reason for Hoyer playing and Brady not talking.

Maybe at the post-game presser since he was still on a table with team doctors.

well, if he is hurt it would be a good reason to miss the press conference.

Not in this case. Brady has played like a p***y all year long, and has lost more games than he has won with his stupid passes. Bill had every right to pull him and let him pout from the sidelines.

So coming back from a serious knee injury and playing hurt a lot of the season makes you question his toughness. He has thrown 13 ints this year compared to 28 TDs. He also has completed 65 % of his passes and thrown for over 4000 yards. If you look at his career stats, that is his average for interceptions and tied for second most TDs in his career. The Patriots have the second best offence in the NFL. Sorry, but with everything that Brady has done for this team and the effort he puts out there every week, if you don't appreciate having him as your QB, then, IMHO, you are the ****y.

Last edited:
OldNEPatsFan sounds like a fake name for a dress-wearing Colts fan, from the remarks on this thread

Brady acts like a spoiled little child everytime he loses a game. He certainly did his part in losing this game and I don't blame Bill for letting him stand on the sidelines for the last few minutes Brady should have taken a maternity leave and stayed home for the rest of the season after his kid was born.

Wow, can't believe anyone actually thinked this way.

This game wasn't meaningless. Sick of some of you spouting that *****.

-Playing with broken ribs and fingers
-Losing your favorite WR
-Gotten harassed by Texans defender when he should be rested
-Gotten pulled off the game
-Losing the game

...with all the game losses of the season, THIS loss was a MAJOR BLOW!!

Do people really think he was "benched" for Hoyer?

I knew when hoyer replaced him in the second quarter that BB wanted to see him in pressure situations. I was not surprised to see it again on the last drive and it was pretty clear he wanted to see how Hoyer would do over winning the game. Have people not followed the Pats will him as the coach?

Benched....I believe BB said something in his pressure about it too.

My understanding as well. If he was benched, why did Hoyer come in before the second half on the 4 yard line? Kind of a rough spot to hand the ball to the backup. I thought Brady may have returned in the second half for time with the new Welker (it was fairly clear from Welker's expression that the injury is major). With the defensive personnel on the field in the second half there appeared to be some pre-planned method to the madness. It may be as simple as a few shots on Brady from the Texans was enough for Belichick at the time. The notion that the interception resulted in his removal is fairly ignorant. What is the theory, Belichick capped him at 13 in a season and wanted to protect his passer rating?

As for the pouting garbage in the OP, nice speculation. The mark of a true fan of the team by assuming the least favorable scenario. Welker went down and will miss the playoffs on a freak injury and Brady has a strong relationship with him and suffered a similar injury last year, so I love the logic (or absence thereof).

Not in this case. Brady has played like a p***y all year long, and has lost more games than he has won with his stupid passes. Bill had every right to pull him and let him pout from the sidelines.

Brady has not been Brady all year, but to call him the name you've called him is just trolling. The guy's playing on a rebuilt knee that he had to get used to over the course of the season, he's been banged up with his ribs, and he's apparently also had a broken finger.

There's enough about this team to critique and criticize without adding the ridiculous to the pile.

For all we know, he said, "Kid, you got to play in a real game, now you get to talk to the real idiots in the media. (All of whom are going to ask annoying, unanswerable questions, like - "Is it true you have been playing with 3 broken ribs? How does it feel to watch your good friend to go down with the same horrible injury you suffered a year ago?") Who cares if he went out. He watched one of his best friends and "go to" guys go down, the D blew the game again in the 4th again and he threw a dumb INT right at the end. I'm sure he was feeling there wasn't much to say and he just wanted to get the he!! out of Dodge and try to figure out what they are going to do in a week with no Welker.

Bottom line: Brady is the biggest playmaker on this team, and they will go as far as he can take them against defenses that know this too.

Speaking of Brady's attitude...

Did anyone notice Brady started getting into it with a Texan D-lineman (#98 Barwin?)? I dont remember exactly when this happened but it was when he missed a receiver on 3rd down and got hit to the ground after the throw. It was as he was walking to the sideline... looked like he was ready to throw down and someone had to pull him away.

I feel like he's showing a lot more of the fire in his belly this season.

Last edited:
They all on some level have a need to believe they are proving themselves right in having a myriad of issues with this team, so it's not like they're even fans at this juncture, just fellowship of the miserable charter members hoping to be somehow proven right. You'd think they awarded a message board Lombardi for predicting doom... They have no clue what it means to be a fan anymore beyond that.

Do you think the biatchers and moaners only act like this on this board? Not to get to psychobabbly about it, but I'd bet this is a way of life for most of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back