Welcome to PatsFans.com

Brady blows off postgame presser - pouting??

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by RhodyPatriot, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RhodyPatriot

RhodyPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Very unlike Tom Brady to blow off post game press conferences but he did today.
  2. vyrago

vyrago Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Meaningless game= meaningless press conference.
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  3. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Hoyer did one instead.

Q: "Do you know anything about Wes Welker going down?"
    Hoyer: "I don't know anything about it."

Thatta boy.
  4. ray mercer

ray mercer Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He couldn't have had a worse day. He lost his go to guy and couldn't bury the hatchet for his team in the fourth. I thought he overreacted a little to the shove following the pass. On a side note if Welker does indeed have a torn ACL is it possible for him to be back for week 1 next season?
  5. Jangles

Jangles PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I couldn't care less what he does in the post game.

I am surprised he hasn't pulled a Peyton and thrown someone under the bus by now. It must be ridiculous for players like Welker and Brady to give everything they have to the team only to see other people piss it away
  6. RhodyPatriot

RhodyPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

BTW I wouldn't blame Tom if he's pissed off. Coach leaves him in to take a pounding in a meaningless game and then pulls him in the last minute and denies him a chance at redemption and a game tying drive after Brady threw a pick.
    BTW Brady threw to Edelman only 5 times in the 2nd half. So much for the "we risked injuring our already beat up franchise QB so he could bond with Edelman" theory.
    This game was such a loss on so many levels and none of it has to do with the scoreboard.
  7. swheeler23

swheeler23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I am glad Brady is pissed. He plays hurt for weeks, Welker gets hurt, he gets pounded while throwing an int. Then BB pulls him at the end of the game. He should be pissed.
  8. Patspsycho

Patspsycho Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Absolutely would expect him to do this. Why let him play the majority of the game and yank him before the last drive? I can think of no worse way to insult Brady.

Don't give me any guff that this was about Hoyer getting "experience." This had become a must-win moral issue. As Jays52 pointed out, they wanted to get this one for Welker.
  9. robertweathers

robertweathers Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

FWIW a buddy of mine heard that Brady took a shot to the ribs in the 4th qtr (thus why Hoyer came in) and may have been experiencing some internal bleeding.

No need to start a thread on this. Anyone else hear this?
  10. OldNEPatsFan

OldNEPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Brady acts like a spoiled little child everytime he loses a game. He certainly did his part in losing this game and I don't blame Bill for letting him stand on the sidelines for the last few minutes Brady should have taken a maternity leave and stayed home for the rest of the season after his kid was born.
  11. bigcountry75

bigcountry75 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It is possible but he wouldn't be very effective.....I played in college and a senior RB on our team tore his ACL and decided to brace it up and play in the playoffs as it was his last chance and he only played the first half and didn't have any explosion like he did before.....Basically he was hurting us more trying to play then helping us.......Your knee is just like jello and you don't feel like you have any strength in it with the torn ligament(s).....
  12. Patspsycho

Patspsycho Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Then why was he warming up right after the Texans last TD?
  13. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

That would be very alarming.... and more fuel to to the fire of Belichick's choice to play Brady in the second half...
  14. emoney_33

emoney_33 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Are you suggesting Brady is pouting about not playing the last drive?
  15. Patspsycho

Patspsycho Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Absolutely. He really wanted to win this game. He was jawing away.
  16. RhodyPatriot

RhodyPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree!! I can't figure out what the hell is going on with the HC.
    He sits Wilfork (who was cleared to play if they chose to use him) and justifiably so because he's banged up and is very important to the D in the playoffs. But then the same HC plays his franchise QB, who is also banged up with MULTIPLE injuries and has been for weeks, and treats him like a freakin' yoyo as he's getting whacked around in a meaningless game.
    Belichick needs his head examined. He's been bizarre in his thought process more than once this year. Bizarre!
  17. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Tom Brady is a.... puppy-powter

?
  18. emoney_33

emoney_33 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Wanted to win yes, I highly doubt he was pouting about not playing the last drive (re: presser)
  19. spacecrime

spacecrime Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

You all should watch figure skating from now on if you can't stand to see a team lose a game. Never saw such a bunch of whining crybabies in my life. I hope all the whiners and complainers have th edecency not to watch the playoffs since thye can't stand to see anything that doesn't go their way.

Jeez.

20. ewg_gestalt

ewg_gestalt Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If Brady suffered internal bleeding on that play, the Patriots might as well pack their luggage and go home, because that means they've lost Brady for the playoffs, too, and there's no way in heck that Hoyer and Edelman are going to stack up against the Chargers, Colts, or Bengals.
  21. PatsFan24

PatsFan24 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Brady has done countless PC over the years, let Hoyer get a chance to do one if he wants.
  22. Jackson 2

Jackson 2 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

It is physically impossible for a male to take a "maternity leave", genius. It would be called a paternity leave. Even with that, can you tell us other NFL players who have done that? That's what I thought...
  23. Patspsycho

Patspsycho Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You have your opinion and I have mine. Brady has never blown off a press conference before. You can logically deduce that something really upset him, to what would you ascribe this?
  24. emoney_33

emoney_33 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I don't know, but I don't think he's a baby so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't acting like a child. You can jump to that conclusion, and maybe you are right, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Hoyer has never done a press conference either, right?
  25. swheeler23

swheeler23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The guy is playing with broken ribs, maybe the int was a bad throw but the oline needs to protect better. It is a team effort. I think BB pulled Brady because the hit and because he should have takin the sack.
  26. Patspsycho

Patspsycho Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He must be NEPatriots dad, between the two of them, they have enough pessimism to tide us over for another decade.
  27. BadMoFo

BadMoFo Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Sure there wouldn't. :rolleyes:
  28. fair catch fryar

fair catch fryar Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Obviously, you don't have anything better to do except sit around for the next 2 weeks only to see your Colts piss away what should've been an undefeated season and then lose at home in the 2nd round.:D
  29. Patspsycho

Patspsycho Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What gives you the right to say I am jumping to conclusion? It was clear to anyone that Brady was fired up after Welker went down. He was yelling at everyone, jawing at the refs and the Texans safeties that came after him. That is unusual behavior to me, and then he gets yanked before he can atone for his interception. I can't think of anything that could infuriate a QB more, especially a QB as competitive as he is.
  30. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Actually he has and in this case it's what happened to Welker which is likely tearing Tom up on a lot more levels than losing a seeding game... This impacts him for the playoffs and potentially beyond and then there's the irony of him coming back from the same injury that he's now lost his pro bowl go to run through a wall player.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.