PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady & Big Ben best playoff record QBs in AFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSummerallofthe80s

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
This from a Steelers troll and if history plays out, it will be a rematch in the AFCCG.

Of the final four AFC starting QBs, only Tom & Big Ben have winning lifetime playoff records:

Tom Brady 10-0 1.000 (Hall of Famer already at 28 yrs old)
Big Ben 2-1 .667 (This sophomore has better stat than Manning)
Peyton Manning 3-5 .375 (Maybe he should switch from DE-CAF, DE-CAF)
Jake Plummer 1-3 .250 (The one victory was from the hapless Cards)

Last edited:
PATSummerallofthe80s said:
This from a Steelers troll and if history plays out, it will be a rematch in the AFCCG.

Of the final four AFC starting QBs, only Tom & Big Ben have winning lifetime playoff records:

Tom Brady 10-0 .1000 (Hall of Famer already at 28 yrs old)

I believe you meant:

Tom Brady 10-0 1.000

Oh yeah. 10-0 and 2-1. They're right in the same class.

Exactly what history is that? Exactly what trend says the QBs with the best playoff record meet in the championship game?

shmessy said:
Oh yeah. 10-0 and 2-1. They're right in the same class.

No one said anything about the same class. What are you reading Dr. Shmessy (the same guy who diagnosed a cramp for Bruschi). I even noted Brady was a HOF already and Big Ben was a sophmore. The point was if winning records prevail then they meet in the AFCCG. No more and no less.

Looks like the playoff pressure is getting to you already. I figured by now you'd know how to handle it.

I like this line:

Big Ben vs. the NFL 25-2

vs the Patriots 1-2

Okay so some how Ben at 2-1 is more likely then Manning to advance? How is that a fair argument considering how many more games Peyton has played in?

Tom Brady 10-0 1.000 (Hall of Famer already at 28 yrs old)
This is a silly comparison. 2-1 is hardly an adequate sampling. And in those two wins, Carson Palmer was hurt for Cincinnati in the first series, and Big Ben did everything but lose to the Jets last year.

There is no history to indicate the Steelers beat the Colts this weekend, though I hope they do (I'm a season ticket holder).

godef said:
This is a silly comparison. 2-1 is hardly an adequate sampling. And in those two wins, Carson Palmer was hurt for Cincinnati in the first series, and Big Ben did everything but lose to the Jets last year.

There is no history to indicate the Steelers beat the Colts this weekend, though I hope they do (I'm a season ticket holder).

And your comparison is even sillier. The fact is Big Ben won his very first playoff game. That is not an easy thing to do. Especially as a rookie. I could make the argument that in Tom Brady's very first AFCCG (against Pittsburgh), he got knocked out. Didn't even make it through the first half. On the other hand, in Ben's first AFCCG game, he went the distance because he is more durable. But I won't make that argument :)

Also, my original point is based on if the winning percentage QBs prevail then it would be a New England Pittsburgh AFCCG.

And your comparison is even sillier. The fact is Big Ben won his very first playoff game. That is not an easy thing to do. Especially as a rookie. I could make the argument that in Tom Brady's very first AFCCG (against Pittsburgh), he got knocked out. Didn't even make it through the first half. On the other hand, in Ben's first AFCCG game, he went the distance because he is more durable. But I won't make that argument :)

Also, my original point is based on if the winning percentage QBs prevail then it would be a New England Pittsburgh AFCCG.

yea or you could say the steelers had to go below the knee 3 times to take him out of that game...

emoney_33 said:
yea or you could say the steelers had to go below the knee 3 times to take him out of that game...

Ouch! Now you're starting to sound like a sour grapes Cincy fan. It was all clean. Unfortunately young Tom got KO'd but he got up off the canvas and led the PATS to their first Super Bowl.

My point was that in his first AFCCG, Ben was able to make it the distance. Brady did not. It's one of those really hip hidden sports stats.

Ouch! Now you're starting to sound like a sour grapes Cincy fan. It was all clean. Unfortunately young Tom got KO'd but he got up off the canvas and led the PATS to their first Super Bowl.

My point was that in his first AFCCG, Ben was able to make it the distance. Brady did not. It's one of those really hip hidden sports stats.
Hip, as in the area of the gluteus maximus region? Now your 'position' becomes clearer! :eek:

Despite your flatulence, I look forward to a Steelers visit to fair Foxboro.

This entire thread is goofy. I feel like I'm in Wonderland watching a discussion between the White Knight & the Madhatter.

There's no applicable logic here. You could be equally goofy and say that because the Colts won more games this year than anyone else that they're going to beat everyone they play.... but we know that the #1 seed doesn't always win... just as we know that the QB with the best playoff record doesn't always win.

Your premise is that the Pats and Steelers should meet in the finals based on their QB's winning percentages. 2-1 is only 3 games and statisitically means squat.

If his record were 6-3, that might be another story. But basing your premise on a 2-1 record carries no more weight than me saying Indy should be the Steelers because Big Ben is 0-1 lifetime against the Colts.

And even then... I recall an lifetime undefeated (14-0?) QB bowing to the Patriots last season. Now, that is statistically significant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing