PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady best ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think he is ONE of the best right now...

and i think he has the potential to become THE best

If the Pats win again this year, then I'm all in on Tom being the "best ever". That's a big "if", though. I think the Colts are very capable of beating us. Here's hoping we can hold onto home field advantage and hold off serious injuries.

I think it's crazy talk to involve Brady in the best of all time discussion.

Best winning percentage in first 100 games (tied with Staubach)
3 Super Bowl titles and looking for more
On pace to shatter the single season touchdown record
Currently on pace to shatter the single season QB rating
7-3 against Manning and the Colts

To say that it's crazy talk to involve him in the best of all time discussion just means that you really can't be taken seriously when it comes to football.

Isn't that one loss too many?

You're right, he's 12-2 in the postseason. As the Patriots didn't make the playoffs in the 2002 season.

As for me, I say Brady is Among the best. Another Superbowl, or certainly 2, would put him on the top of the mountain in all-time greatest QB's IMO.

I think it's crazy talk to involve Brady in the best of all time discussion.

I agree that it seems too early, Brady is in just his seventh season as a starter. But let's not forget, when Manning broke the TD record it was just his seventh season as a starter also, and people were talking Hall of Fame already. If you look at Tom Brady's body of work, it's hard not to speak of him as one of the alltime greats.

3 Super Bowl Wins
2 SB MVP's
12-3 playoff record
79-24 regular season record so far
Led the NFL in TD passes (possibly twice,assuming he does that this year, and that's a safe assumption)
Led the NFL in passing yards once (possibly twice after this season is done)

NFL record 9 games in a row (and counting) 3+ TD's
3rd in SB completion pct (behind Montana & Aikman)

And those things are just off the top of my head, there may be more that I don't know about. So yes, even after JUST a little over 6 1/2 seasons, Tom Brady can, and has been (by the mediots), talked about as one of the all-time greats. I'd say that IF he goes on to break the single season TD record and IF they win the SB this year, and Brady quits after the SB (and only 7 seasons), he's a sure fire first ballot Hall of Famer.

A definate maybe.

Most people believe that he's in the discussion. There you go.

Besides their records, I think it's the intangibles that set Tom and Joe apart-their leadership, love of the game, determination, intelligence, pocket presence and reads, and their toughness, Barring injury, Tom stands an excellent chance of going to the top all-time with 6 or 7 great years ahead of him.

3 Super Bowl Wins
2 SB MVP's
12-3 playoff record
QUOTE]

{correction} 12-2 playoff record

Loss to Denver 05
Loss to Indy 06

Last edited:
I agree that Brady is one of the all-time greats, and is a shoo-in for the HOF. Manning is both of those also. But that is not what this thread seems to be about. Many want to crown Brady NOW, or at most after another SB or two as the best EVER. As has been posted, my guess is that those posters never saw Montana play.

As for the comment that ONLY Brady could have engineered this comeback, what can day other than that is most inaccurate statement that I can recall in a long time. There are QB's in the NFL today who are certainly capable of such a comeback, certainly Manning and Favre.

For me, there is Montana and then there is a group of maybe 10 quite a ways back. I would certainly include Brady in that group, as well as Manning and Favre. Personally, I would not include Marino or Unitas.

Any of the three could pull away from the pack in the next five years. Brady has the advantage because of how good the organization is here in New England. Consider what this season would be like if the colts or the pack got our 2007 free agents and draft picks. Favre was rightfully pi$$ed at hsi front office. Don't even consider the entire package. Consider Favre and the pack plus Moss and Welker.

I agree that it seems too early, Brady is in just his seventh season as a starter. But let's not forget, when Manning broke the TD record it was just his seventh season as a starter also, and people were talking Hall of Fame already. If you look at Tom Brady's body of work, it's hard not to speak of him as one of the alltime greats.

3 Super Bowl Wins
2 SB MVP's
12-3 playoff record
Led the NFL in TD passes (possibly twice,assuming he does that this year, and that's a safe assumption)
Led the NFL in passing yards once (possibly twice after this season is done)

NFL record 9 games in a row (and counting) 3+ TD's
3rd in SB completion pct (behind Montana & Aikman)

And those things are just off the top of my head, there may be more that I don't know about. So yes, even after JUST a little over 6 1/2 seasons, Tom Brady can, and has been (by the mediots), talked about as one of the all-time greats. I'd say that IF he goes on to break the single season TD record and IF they win the SB this year, and Brady quits after the SB (and only 7 seasons), he's a sure fire first ballot Hall of Famer.

Best winning percentage in first 100 games (tied with Staubach)
3 Super Bowl titles and looking for more
On pace to shatter the single season touchdown record
Currently on pace to shatter the single season QB rating
7-3 against Manning and the Colts

To say that it's crazy talk to involve him in the best of all time discussion just means that you really can't be taken seriously when it comes to football.
2x Super Bowl MVP
10-0 in first ten playoff games
25 4th quarter comebacks
Likely NFL MVP
Became youngest QB to win Super Bowl (later broken by Roethlis.)

Yeah, Brady's good, but what about Brady versus Ditka in a foot race?
:) (Da Bearsss)

"The Best" will always be debatable, but Tom's making a good case for "Most Successful" isn't he?

Thank you Mo Lewis. In hindsight, with what we know in 2007, the Brady versus Bledsoe QB controversy looks kinda silly.

Thank you Mo Lewis. In hindsight, with what we know in 2007, the Brady versus Bledsoe QB controversy looks kinda silly.
So does the early days of the Tom Brady vs Chad Pennington debates.

Too early to say if Brady is the best ever, but when he does retire I know you will be able to make a great case for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes