Welcome to PatsFans.com

Brady Bashing

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by slash83, Jul 8, 2007.

1. slash83

slash83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +43 / 4 / -0

2. unoriginal

unoriginal In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +290 / 5 / -1

This boils down to finding a loon on Funny Farm. Since when is the Constitutional Party worthy of press attention?

3. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +299 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

Who's bashing brady, I'll Kick their ass:mad:

4. stinkypete

stinkypete In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

This is very OT, but I am super pi$$ed to read this. There's all kinds of s#!t wrong with society right now, and a NFL quarterback fathering a baby out of wedlock is not one of those problems.

And yet people still listen to these dufusses.

5. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,064 / 194 / -145

Disable Jersey

Being a bastard child, particularly in a one parent (mother) home, is one of the highest risk factors for a whole host of negative things in life. Here's just one article on the topic:

http://www.i2i.org/main/article.php?article_id=479

Like it or not, it's an important issue, and one Brady deserves to get heat for.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2007
  6. godef

godef In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

How about the mother? We still don't know the whole story, probably never will. But if in fact she tried to blackmail him into "settling down" by going off the protection, then I say kudos to Brady for not caving in.

Of course, that is a big IF, but it should be obvious to anyone that he did not figure on this child happening, so he can be no more guilty than Miss Moynihan. And who among us (and that politician?) have been so virtuous as to never have been possibly in the same shoes? But if he can use his vast resources to ensure the well being of the child, then given the circumstances, I say this politician, as those union guys in that other thread, is way out of line, and is merely attempting to evoke TB's celebrity in order to grab a little of it for themselves. What a phony.

7. Deus Irae

Ratings:
    +4,064 / 194 / -145

Disable Jersey

Not one point you made changes the essential fact that Brady did something he shouldn't have and deserves to take heat for it.

8. PatsSteve1

PatsSteve1 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

* He shouldn't have what? Had sex with his girlfriend?

9. fgssand

fgssand PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -1

#17 Jersey

What exactly would that be?? Please clarify your statement.

10. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,429 / 15 / -23

#61 Jersey

And what qualifies YOU as the moral authority to make such judgments? Gimme a break. What exactly was it that Brady "did" that he should not have done? He has taken responsibility and will provide for the child, even though it is HIGHLY likely that Bridget Moynihan manipulated this pregnancy into happening to her own selfish ends. (Her desire to marry Brady and have kids with her biological clock ticking loudly in the background was well publicized before the pregnancy occurred.)

Tell me, what good does it do anyone to give Brady "heat" for what happened? How is negativity aimed his way over this situation positive or constructive in any way, shape, or form? If you're simply condemning Brady out of moral righteousness for having premarital sex or not agreeing to a shotgun wedding, take a laxative and shut your yap.

11. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +227 / 1 / -0

#95 Jersey

That article refers to welfare, medicaid and AFDC (aid to families with dependent children) which usually doesn't apply to celebrity movie stars such as Ms. Moynihan so you really can't compare it. It's apples and oranges...
    As for your comment that he should get heat...and 'did something he shouldn't have done' if you're implying that he shouldn't have had sex before marriage, I think you'll find that stats show that over 90% of people are in that category and the virgin on their wedding day is the exception, not the rule. I don't tell someone else how to live their life because I don't want anyone telling me how to live mine. None of us aside from the parties know the whole story of TB and his ex and for those passing judgment and tossing stones ..let's hope your own house is not made of glass......

Last edited: Jul 9, 2007
  12. Deus Irae

Ratings:
    +4,064 / 194 / -145

Disable Jersey

How you missed the obvious is a question I'd love to know the answer to. From that article:

Now, given that most of you "Not your life" people probably screamed holy hell about people like Tank Johnson, Romo and the like, take a step off of the hypocricy train.

As for the 90% assertion, so what? Here's another bit of data:

Are those actions acceptable? After all, it's just people living their own lives.

13. fgssand

fgssand PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -1

#17 Jersey

Once again...please advise what, exactly, is your point with regards, to Brady:

Brady Bashing
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Deus Irae [​IMG]
    Not one point you made changes the essential fact that Brady did something he shouldn't have and deserves to take heat for it.

What exactly would that be?? Please clarify your statement.

14. PatsSteve1

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Are those actions acceptable? After all, it's just people living their own lives

* I think your right. She should have had an abortion. Who's lives should people live anyway?

15. Lurks_All_Day

Lurks_All_Day Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

Blar blar blar. Unless you can cite a CREDIBLE SOURCE for the 'data' you provided, it's all anecdotal. Anyone can do sociological research. I can sit on a lawn chair at the entrance of Walmart and do a little research.

Shoplifting? Cheating? Are you saying that these things never occurred during the Andy Griffith years, and that all we need to do to wash ourselves clean is to stop forking out of wedlock?????

Romo? Tank? I think this thread is ALL ABOUT people talking about others from the fount of their own a$$es. Character assassination for political gain is nothing new.

Back to sociology. Soc 101: deviant behavior becomes the norm when the majority takes part. If such a large percentage is doing the bump and run, then you are the deviant. Not us.

Xie du ho!!

16. Deus Irae

Ratings:
    +4,064 / 194 / -145

Disable Jersey

Pretend you can make sense. Feel free to find anyplace here where I've compared one era to another in the manner of the "Andy Griffith" argument. When you find that I never did that, feel free to move on to the next useless attempt to sanction bad behavior. Brady's the best quarterback in the NFL, in my opinion, and a lock to make the Hall of Fame after he retires. But, he's not perfect, by any stretch. Deal with it, instead of crying when someone points it out.

17. PatsSteve1

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

But, he's not perfect, by any stretch. Deal with it, instead of crying when someone points it out

You aren't either. Deal with that.

18. Lurks_All_Day

Lurks_All_Day Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

Oh, no you don't, you little weasel. You just spouted off about a half dozen percentages in a previous post. That is EXACTLY what I am referring to.

Please, for a minute, ignore my Andy Griffith sarcasm. That is NOT MY POINT. Let's not try to obfuscate with "Brady's the best...". That ****e does NOT float with me, pallie.
    Show me from whence these figures came. Your 'story' cites no sources. It's as trustworthy as your word. If your boy there thought that credibility meant something, he'd have covered his arse.

Oh, and by the way, you're far from perfect, pallie, so deal with it. Dootch.

19. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

One thing Brady's having a kid is going to do is take the heat off all the other NFL players who have fathered kids out of wedlock. No one is going to have to put up with that criticism again.

20. primetime

primetime Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +562 / 61 / -30

#18 Jersey

Frankly, the problem stems more from the fact that Brady's a white Catholic in the public eye, exactly what the major Boston and New York media outlets like to bash on, as well as the loons like this guy.

If Brady was black, this wouldn't even be a story. Which is sad, because it shows that the media expects African-Americans to have children out of wedlock.