PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady bashing has officially begun

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need to see a healthy OL play together all season to be one solid line but you will always have injuries so it's near impossible to keep them intact and together.

Excuse me? See bass is 2x better than kazcur ever was and connoly played about as well throughout the course of the season as Neal ever has. So this line was at 100% today.

In the super bowl, Neal got hurt during the game so that was a bit different iirc. But this year, the only prolonged absence was a contract holdout that actually allowed mankins to be fresher and better down the stretch.

Last edited:
Possible. But put him in a losing SB effort to seal 19-0, then shatter his knee, and you'd get the same result.

2001 - 2007 Brady was probably the best QB there ever was. But he's had too many huge shocks to the system that lesser quarterbacks would never recover from. Look at Palmer. Hell, look at Peyton.

If he gets another ring, it won't be a surprise. But I think fans need to be realistic about who Tom is versus who Tom was. It's not mechanics or his reads, it's shell shock.

Huh?

This is the exact same quarterback we've always seen. Rex Ryan has owned Tom Brady (by Brady's standards) more than half the times they've played. You realize the Jets were BUILT to stop Tom Brady, right?

This was one of the greatest regular seasons in NFL history by a quarterback.

The Jets lost 45-3. Getting punched in the mouth doesn't effect Brady- it effect every quarterback, team, and player in the NFL. The Jets came out with some great schemes and got constant pressure on him. He played a pretty good game today; lesser QBs would have a stat line with 4 interceptions.

MVP performance? No way. Choke? Perhaps. Does this mean Brady has lost a step? Come on. He is still great... one of the best to ever play the game.

Possible. But put him in a losing SB effort to seal 19-0, then shatter his knee, and you'd get the same result.

2001 - 2007 Brady was probably the best QB there ever was. But he's had too many huge shocks to the system that lesser quarterbacks would never recover from. Look at Palmer. Hell, look at Peyton.

If he gets another ring, it won't be a surprise. But I think fans need to be realistic about who Tom is versus who Tom was. It's not mechanics or his reads, it's shell shock.

Hmmmm...very interesting theory. And, it fits. Maybe Brady never did get that out of his system. And then the ACL tear compounds the problem. He was lost out there today, and looked pretty much the same last year vs. Baltimore.

I wonder if Brady has ever seen a sports psycologist. They sent Ken Walter back in the day (according to Patriots Reign). Maybe Brady could use a few trips. Therapy helped me get through my problems a great deal.

Brady just completely panicked when he was under pressure, I didn't expect that from him.

Hmmmm...very interesting theory. And, it fits. Maybe Brady never did get that out of his system. And then the ACL tear compounds the problem. He was lost out there today, and looked pretty much the same last year vs. Baltimore.

I wonder if Brady has ever seen a sports psycologist. They sent Ken Walter back in the day (according to Patriots Reign). Maybe Brady could use a few trips. Therapy helped me get through my problems a great deal.

Not exactly, but he saw someone who helped him when he was at Michigan.

Maybe he needs to talk with that guy again. . . .

Brady needs a deep threat, not a shrink.

So you think it's in his head huh? You think 18-1 keeps him up at night?

I'd love to know the real story behind the scenes. I guess we will have to wait 10 years for someone to write a book.

"This was the quarterback that couldn't be touched," Scott said. "You guys talk about how great he's playing, but you know what Rex pulled out for us were his last three playoff games and what his record was and what his ranking was then."

Yea, I do. And I think that's what Rex told his players, particularly about "funneling the middle".

Pressure up the middle just enough to give him bad flashbacks to SB 42, cover the receivers just enough that he can't get anything off too fast, talk all week about him being an a**hole, how Peyton is a better QB, etc, and let him make mistakes by trying too hard.

The game plan was to exploit a young defensive, and to do just enough to trigger a "deja vu" panic reaction in Tom so that he beat himself more than the Jets beat him.

Tom used to be unflappable - eventually your D is gassed, and he ripped you apart. But now you can check him out of a game early mentally if you hit all the right notes out the gate.

Look, I mean, I think as fans we all like to think these guys we look up to are bigger than these games, that as professionals they can put them to rest and it's just a job, but I'll leave you with this thought:

Was Moss the same after SB 42? After that game, you could take him out early if you hit him hard enough. During 2007, that wasn't the case. His mental "breakdown" happened after that.

Has Belichick been the same since SB 42? In big games, in "personal" games, he tends to out-coach himself, or have problems finding answers to the other teams wrinkles. He gets shocked and doesn't seem to know how to adjust.

Has Brady been the same since SB 42? Pretty obviously no. At least, not when it mattered most.

Welker was about the only constant, though even he seemed checked out today.

Not exactly, but he saw someone who helped him when he was at Michigan.

Maybe he needs to talk with that guy again. . . .

I saw that article on here and read it. Yes, maybe. He could do alot worse.

Brady needs a deep threat, not a shrink.

A shrink wouldn't make him WORSE in these situations, so why not try it? If Moss was still here, we'd see threads of "You know what we need? Deion Branch back to run the short/intermediate stuff!"

"This was the quarterback that couldn't be touched," Scott said. "You guys talk about how great he's playing, but you know what Rex pulled out for us were his last three playoff games and what his record was and what his ranking was then."

Yea, I do. And I think that's what Rex told his players, particularly about "funneling the middle".

Pressure up the middle just enough to give him bad flashbacks to SB 42, cover the receivers just enough that he can't get anything off too fast, talk all week about him being an a**hole, how Peyton is a better QB, etc, and let him make mistakes by trying too hard.

The game plan was to exploit a young defensive, and to do just enough to trigger a "deja vu" panic reaction in Tom so that he beat himself more than the Jets beat him.

Tom used to be unflappable - eventually your D is gassed, and he ripped you apart. But now you can check him out of a game early mentally if you hit all the right notes out the gate.

Look, I mean, I think as fans we all like to think these guys we look up to are bigger than these games, that as professionals they can put them to rest and it's just a job, but I'll leave you with this thought:

Was Moss the same after SB 42? After that game, you could take him out early if you hit him hard enough. During 2007, that wasn't the case. His mental "breakdown" happened after that.

Has Belichick been the same since SB 42? In big games, in "personal" games, he tends to out-coach himself, or have problems finding answers to the other teams wrinkles. He gets shocked and doesn't seem to know how to adjust.

Has Brady been the same since SB 42? Pretty obviously no. At least, not when it mattered most.

Very well said, and I agree with it. Maybe Bill and Tom will see what that jerkoff said and start trying to correct the problem? We can only hope.

And the hitting him thing is right. A friend of mine (Steeler fan) always says, "If you just hit Brady, he gets flusterred and can't get going." And that is exactly spot on. And I don't remember this ever being a problem until SB 42.

I'd like him to show up at camp with a buzz cut after putting Giselle on a plane to brazil for the fall and winter.

That was kind of a joke. But what I think is that the problem goes back to the defense and specifically the trading of vrabel. With sey, you can talk about the pick so I will stear clear but vrabel was a throw in for KC and all reports show cassell should has garnered a high 1st by himself.

Vrabel would have not let this crap happen today. No takeaways? No sacks? Give me a break. Even at 35( or whatever his age is) I'd take him any on this team today. And to think he was given away to give pioli a nice present to get his own team started.

Last edited:

So if the Patriots win another Super Bowl and Brady plays well in the playoffs, you'll scrap your conspiracy theory? Seriously. This reminds me of the talk that Kobe Bryant didn't have the mental edge to win a championship after Shaq left, or A-Rod's curse. As soon as Brady wins, everything will change and the interpretation becomes "SB42 was a great motivator."

I'd like him to show up at camp with a buzz cut after putting Giselle on a plane to brazil for the fall and winter.

That was kind of a joke. But what I think is that the problem goes back to the defense and specifically the trading of vrabel. With sey, you can talk about the pick so I will stear clear but vrabel was a throw in for KC and all reports show cassell should has garnered a high 1st by himself.

Vrabel would have not let this crap happen today. No takeaways? No sacks? Give me a break. Even at 35( or whatever his age is) I'd take him any on this team today. And to think he was given away to give pioli a nice present to get his own team started.

Yeah, Vrabel was a leader we could really have used today. Besides Mayo, I don't see much leadership potential amoung the LB's/secondary.

I don't know, I am going to try and go to sleep. What a sh!tty night.

I like your thoughts, maybe because it would mean that they care as much as we do, something that is not always apparent in these days of million dollar contracts. At this level of sports I think it's 90% mental anyways so you may be onto something.

Very well said, and I agree with it. Maybe Bill and Tom will see what that jerkoff said and start trying to correct the problem? We can only hope.

And the hitting him thing is right. A friend of mine (Steeler fan) always says, "If you just hit Brady, he gets flusterred and can't get going." And that is exactly spot on. And I don't remember this ever being a problem until SB 42.

Which quarterbacks get going with constant pressure and insane coverage down field? Brady is not a freelancer like Favre. If you want your 350 yards, take your four INTs as well.

This has been a problem since the beginning of football. The dynasty teams often didn't score on offense until mid-second quarter and played field position battles until the fourth. The dynamic has completely changed, as these teams since 2007 have relied on the offense to carry them. Notice how they are more aggressive, going for fourth down and bipassing field goals, never punting in opponents territory, building a defensive plan that plays with a lead?

So if the Patriots win another Super Bowl and Brady plays well in the playoffs, you'll scrap your conspiracy theory?
How is this a conspiracy theory? Point of fact, it seems quite literally to have been the Jets game plan.

Seriously. This reminds me of the talk that Kobe Bryant didn't have the mental edge to win a championship after Shaq left, or A-Rod's curse.
I don't follow basketball, so ... okay?

As soon as Brady wins, everything will change and the interpretation becomes "SB42 was a great motivator."
No matter how many games Tom wins here on out, SB42 will never be a motivator. Everyone and their brother wanted to see the Patriots embarrassed on the big stage and denied something that never happens, and they got their wish. There's no "revenge" or "motivation" back from that. It's a singular event that you either get over and move past, or you don't, because there will never be another 18-0 Pats SB team to "get back" at anyone.

How is this a conspiracy theory? Point of fact, it seems quite literally to have been the Jets game plan.

I don't follow basketball, so ... okay?

No matter how many games Tom wins here on out, SB42 will never be a motivator. Everyone and their brother wanted to see the Patriots embarrassed on the big stage and denied something that never happens, and they got their wish. There's no "revenge" or "motivation" back from that. It's a singular event that you either get over and move past, or you don't, because there will never be another 18-0 Pats SB team to "get back" at anyone.

Super Bowl 42 is over. All teams and players deal with psychological scars. Look at Peyton Manning in the playoffs. He is still capable of winning. John Elway lost three Super Bowls before finally taking home two at the end of his career.

The better way to understand the loss is to stop looking at it from a psychoanalytical way. Brady isn't thinking about Super Bowl 42 on the field; he's thinking about how to beat the Jets defense.

Despite what many people say, the Jets may have been the worst matchup this year for the Patriots. Yes, we annihilated them last game. Prior to that, Brady struggled badly against Rex Ryan in '07 (yes, that was before the New Brady Era began), the first game of '09, and the first game this year. With some of his best weapons, Ryan has really gameplanned Brady well, and it's usually a decisive win for one of them. Brady has gotten the best of Ryan several times, but when he's beaten, he's beaten bad. That happened today. The fact it was a playoff game is really not the major factor here; it's the fact that Ryan outfoxed him.

Super Bowl 42 did not end Brady's magical postseason success because it was never there to begin with. I've never thought Brady was better in the postseason; I've always thought he was just as good as in the regular season, which is insanely awesome. The game today could have happened in either one.

Last edited:
That tends to happen to all QBs when the offensive line plays poorly.

Brady had all day to throw the ball. He kept taking too long and that cost him the game.

The play I'll remember from this game was when Brady had at least 10 seconds in the pocket on 3rd down, but he wouldn't throw or even attempt a run

Brady had all day to throw the ball. He kept taking too long and that cost him the game.

The play I'll remember from this game was when Brady had at least 10 seconds in the pocket on 3rd down, but he wouldn't throw or even attempt a run

But this is the way Brady always plays. If there's a high-percentage pass available, take it. If not, hold the ball or throw it away. It's lead to the highest winning pct. in NFL history, three Super Bowls, and many, many accomplishments that are too frequent to list. Live or die by it; you'll usually live, but sometimes you'll die. I don't know we'd expect him to jam passes into double coverage or start scrambling like another type of quarterback. Had the defense played decently in the second half, the strategy of patience, however frustrating to watch, might have won the game.

Super Bowl 42 is over. All teams and players deal with psychological scars. Look at Peyton Manning in the playoffs.
You just proved my point.

He is still capable of winning.
The Colts' post-season performances are almost entirely in spite of Manning's play.

The better way to understand the loss is to stop looking at it from a psychoanalytical way.
I suggest then that you tell Rex Ryan his entire coaching method is invalid. That it had no impact on the game today. I'm sure he'll find that interesting.

Brady isn't thinking about Super Bowl 42 on the field; he's thinking about how to beat the Jets defense.
And you know this... how? You think the look of abject panic and zombie-like glaze is Tom's competitive "defense dissection" look?

The fact it was a playoff game is really not the major factor here; it's the fact that Ryan outfoxed him.
You're ignoring how he outfoxed him.

Super Bowl 42 did not end Brady's magical postseason success because it was never there to begin with.
That's certainly an interesting -- if completely false -- recollection. I mean, does 2001 just not register? John Madden's "what Tom Brady did just now gave me goosebumps" not click? Let's not even start on ... like, all of the rest of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back