PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady bashing has officially begun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teams could see that last year. If it were really that simple, the Pats wouldn't have gone 14-2 last year.

I guess the real question is why the OL has played so poorly in its last three playoff games.

During the blitz, someones open, but you can't see them if your staring at the pass rush. I have to think the serious knee injury has to have greatly increased Brady's fear quotient. Probably would for anyone.

A blind man can see that now if you are playing against the Pats and dominate the LOS on defense and put pressure on Brady he will get jumpy quickly and be off his game all game.

The problem is that it seems, except in the postseason, no one seems able to do that consistently.

I guess the real question is why the OL seems to keep turning into a sieve in the postseason.

It happened today because one of Brady's weaknesses was exposed. He can't make the correct line calls against the amoeba defense. This defense completely confuses him (a la Cleveland game) and then the blocking assignments aren't set up right. Hate to say it, but maybe Rex is right, with more film study Brady might be more comfortable against this defense.

Bingo!!!!!! Great response. This is exactly why Manning deserves the blame for his losses, and why Brady deserves much of the blame today. In fairness to both of them, though, we should acknowledge it's a really huge burden to carry a team on your shoulders in the playoffs. Not to let anyone off the hook, but I'm just saying, the results in the playoffs for elite QBs seems to have a strong pattern.

Brady >>> Manning and probably still goes down as the GOAT when all's said and done, but at least Peyton looks like he gives a ****e (albeit in his own pathetic way) when he's getting his ass handed to him, as opposed to Brady looking like his mind is somewhere else.

Teams could see that last year. If it were really that simple, the Pats wouldn't have gone 14-2 last year.

I guess the real question is why the OL has played so poorly in its last three playoff games.

I think we need to see a healthy OL play together all season to be one solid line but you will always have injuries so it's near impossible to keep them intact and together.

No, you're not.

For some reason, the media tends to ignore Manning's anticlutchness in the playoffs.

I have to disagree. After the Super Bowl last season, I read a lot of articles (not just from Boston media) that basically tried to put to bed the argument of Brady vs. Manning, basically saying Brady would not have thrown the INT to Porter.

So yes, I have seen criticism of Manning concerning playoff performances.

Brady had opportunities to make plays. To say receivers weren't getting open is a cop out.

It's just so frustrating that you're getting called out all week long and you have this reputation as a big game qb, you're going up against your division rivals and this is how you respond? You're supposed to come out pissed and fiery like he was against the steelers.None of that. He was flat.

I don't know what it is.marriage and kids?Is it ageing?when you get older you lose that vitality and excitement.Is it content?He's already reached the pinnacle three times.

I don't know what it is to be honest.

Brady had opportunities to make plays. To say receivers weren't getting open is a cop out.

It's just so frustrating that you're getting called out all week long and you have this reputation as a big game qb, you're going up against your division rivals and this is how you respond? You're supposed to come out pissed and fiery like he was against the steelers.None of that. He was flat.

I don't know what it is.marriage and kids?Is it ageing?when you get older you lose that vitality and excitement.Is it content?He's already reached the pinnacle three times.

To be fair. Manning's not the same QB he was 5 years ago either.

I made this point in another thread. Of course this is a factor, he's had the ultimate success three times, I'm sure he doesn't have the same drive he did seven years ago.

It happened today because one of Brady's weaknesses was exposed. He can't make the correct line calls against the amoeba defense. This defense completely confuses him (a la Cleveland game) and then the blocking assignments aren't set up right. Hate to say it, but maybe Rex is right, with more film study Brady might be more comfortable against this defense.

Still think the injury was a major factor mentally. Maybe I'm just making excuses for him.

The bottom line is that we have one of the best quarterbacks in the history of the nfl, one of the best clutch quarterbacks in the history of the nfl. We have a quarterback who was the MVP of the nfl this year. We had the best offense in the nfl this year.

And yet, we say "Brady didn't have a terrible game", and shrugh our shoulders.

Having a "not terrible" game is NOT acceptable for the best offense in the nfl.
Having an OK game is NOT acceptable for the best offense in the nfl.

We expected better.

No, we have no reason to expect a SB. What we have a reason to expect is for our offense to perform well in a playoff game.

Losing the last three does not feel good. Having a 50% record and an equal one to the colts since 2006 does not feel good.

We cannot get to the playoffs every year. We cannot even have a very good team every year. But we are hardly a clutch playoff team if we lose 50% of our playoff games and have a 3 game losing streak.

It's not like he had a terrible game but we expect more from Brady. Some expect too much from him but losing three straight playoff games is just disappointing.

Yes, Yes, Yes. My goodness, can't remember seeing a QB with such happy feet in a playoff game before. Pure panic back there. Not looking for the hot read, looking at the D-line instead.

Panic? Don't think so. It's called unwillingness or inability to even think about taking off running with the ball. When you know a QB WILL NOT OR CANNOT step up and make a run when nothing is there downfield, that makes it a hell of a lot easier to gameplan for him. Kudos to Rex (duh, I guess?) for seeing the obvious.

Last edited:
stop it, the only way the pats lose this game is on themselves... and guess what they lost it on themselves...

Coaching - fail'
offense- fail

Defense - fail

special teams - fail huge

but this loss is on Bill Belichick, nuff said...

Not sure why you're jumping on my a**, but yeah sure its on BB. I'm just saying there's no need to bash JUST Brady. The whole offense screwed the pooch.

I don't see why people are saying Brady played bad. If Crumpler doesn't drop that easy TD, Brady throws for 300 yards and 3 TD's. Is that not good enough? Like BB said, just too many mistakes. The fumbles, the drop, the stupid INT, the fake punt, etc.

It wasn't the knee injury. Tom hasn't been the same since the SB loss. If you want to know the whole story, that's where it started. He's fine in the regular season when he can truly play loose and when the opposing team gives him a few tells.

But ever since that SB loss, when he starts getting pressured and sacked, and the game is on the line in a playoff type situation, his eyes glaze over, he goes white and it looks like he's watching ghosts on the field. It's really troubling.

Big Ben might actually be the better big game qb at this point

Possible. But put him in a losing SB effort to seal 19-0, then shatter his knee, and you'd get the same result.

2001 - 2007 Brady was probably the best QB there ever was. But he's had too many huge shocks to the system that lesser quarterbacks would never recover from. Look at Palmer. Hell, look at Peyton.

If he gets another ring, it won't be a surprise. But I think fans need to be realistic about who Tom is versus who Tom was. It's not mechanics or his reads, it's shell shock.

Brady had a petty bad game IMO but the Jets defenders were glued to the receivers & he was sacked like 5-6 times. Once you hit a QB that many times they're not the same. Brady's body language throughout the game was terrible. Every time they showed him on the sideline it looked like his best friend just died or something. The team needs more veteran leadership. These young players might show up in the regular season but the playoffs are a different animal.

not sure why you're jumping on my a**, but yeah sure its on bb. I'm just saying there's no need to bash just brady. The whole offense screwed the pooch.

thank god u see this, but alot of people are not seeing this....

Possible. But put him in a losing SB effort to seal 19-0, then shatter his knee, and you'd get the same result.

2001 - 2007 Brady was probably the best QB there ever was. But he's had too many huge shocks to the system that lesser quarterbacks would never recover from. Look at Palmer. Hell, look at Peyton.

If he gets another ring, it won't be a surprise. But I think fans need to be realistic about who Tom is versus who Tom was. It's not mechanics or his reads, it's shell shock.

So you think it's in his head huh? You think 18-1 keeps him up at night?

I'd love to know the real story behind the scenes. I guess we will have to wait 10 years for someone to write a book.

brady did not have a good game by his standards whatsoever, but i think i know why he has been coming flat lately.

i honestly believe tom thinks hes alone out there. Alone as in, hes the only "leader" on the field. You could see it in his eyes, he needs the emotional support from other leaders (the patriots of the early 2000s had this).

When tom keeps on getting sacked, and pressured from the defense, and since this team is very limited in playmakers on the offensive side, i think Tom gets that 2007 Superbowl vibe where its all up to him and the passing game to succeed in the game. If we had an effective running game and offensive playmakers, this would take pressure off of brady, and he could recuperate much faster (instead of taking 2 quarters to do so).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back