PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady: at times ‘I don’t think we fight very hard’

Status
Not open for further replies.
That second pick was Favrean, and I don't think this can just be pinned on one player. Sure, Brady is coming out flat in the second half, but just about everyone on the team is guilty of that, other than Welker and maybe McGowan and a handful of other players. People talking about gutting the team are missing the point. The Pats rolled up 14 quick points on the Dolphins but then lost the mental edge and coughed up the game. It isn't that the team isn't capable of playing well, it's that there is a mental barrier to finishing games, or at the most a conditioning problem (though I don't buy that).

That second pick wasn't bad at all considering the situation.

If Brady doesn't throw that ball away, the seconds wind down.

He's got 20 seconds then to take the team 45 yards without a timeout.

What are the chances that the ball he threw (with a lot of oomph behind it) would land right into the arms of the only guy within 10 yards?

I want him drilling the ball there. Unfortunately, we saw what happened.

A sack there practically ends the game.

If he is going to throw the ball there, it better be right into the ground. I'll take a sack or intentional grounding over throwing a game ending INT.

You think he intentionally threw an INT?

Maybe Brady is preoccupied with his impending baby.

We'll agree the disagree, Dyn. There wasn't a receiver within 15 yds of Crowder. I know Tb was in desperation-mode but my goodness..

Look at the replay................Moss was on a crossing pattern,5-10 yards beyond Crowder.He had to get rid of it.............Why no penalty for going low on the QB...........just sayin'

im not trying to start any thing but it kinda sound like he is talking about moss

he said we had that one big play to moss but you have to go to the other guys ?

3 of the last 4.. INT's have came when throwing to moss yes they where all bad throws by brady but it did look like moss quit on the routs

That second pick wasn't bad at all considering the situation.

If Brady doesn't throw that ball away, the seconds wind down.

He's got 20 seconds then to take the team 45 yards without a timeout.

What are the chances that the ball he threw (with a lot of oomph behind it) would land right into the arms of the only guy within 10 yards?

I want him drilling the ball there. Unfortunately, we saw what happened.

A sack there practically ends the game.

I understand the argument and it has merit, but I don't think it takes away from the fact it was a bad throw. I called it Favrean because I think we can all relate how often we've seen Favre make very similar throws. Whether or not the circumstances warranted it might be debatable, but that particular throw is not one we usually see Brady make.

I've been looking at some the posts on this thread and all I can find is it's Brady's fault, its Moss, Its the Defence, It the Coaching. Well that is all BS it the whole TEAM's fault. When the this team and coaching staff needs to play head up football, they play head up their A** football. I'm going to say this now and I may get some crap from others here on the board,but right now I don't care. Maybe this team needs to miss the playoff for another year in a row and take the off season to remember what it take to win when it matters. Another thing that has been getting to me is the so called lack of leadership on the Defensive side of the ball. That's BS too. correct me if Im wrong, but Warren, Green, Wilfork, and Meriweather all have rings do they not. They know what it take to win whe it matters. They need to step up and be the leaders now. Their is no Harrison, Vrabel or Tedy now. So now is there chance to step up and make sure that thing get done. Everyone talk about Mayo too that he can be a leader. If that is the case then he need to man up. That's all I have to say about that.

I agree 100% with Brady, and I hope that he says again and again in the privacy of the locker room this week. Someone needs to get the offense to play better in the second half. Brady need to kick some butt. Old timers like Faulk could help.

It certainly won't be O'Brian who really should be demoted and dante be made interim OC. Belichick should give Charlie a call for advice and dust off some of the underused plays in the current playbook including screens, short passes to the running backs, reverses, and lot more passes to the tight ends. As much as I think that Pees could be upgraded, I think that Belichick should meet with him on Tuesday and spend the rest of his time with the offense, including calling plays.

This has just been so frustrating to watch...3 weeks ago we went from leading the colts by 17 points on the road, to now a dog fight in the afc east, which we had under control.. We gave the jets and dolphins life now... But my expectations now are offically lowered, and whatever happens happens now... Win the division ok, get a hat a t shirt, but that will probably be it.. being the 4 th seed, we will play denver it looks like ,and then who knows..

Brady does look frustrated out there, but he has made some bad choices in the red zone..

2 big killers on this team

No pass rush and red zone failures..

What a crock of ****, but about the norm for you. Brady was getting beat like a pulp today and still making plays. We don't have anyone on this offense besides him and welker and faulk, though his age is showing, who fight through all manner of **** to make a play. Moss doesn't. Aiken is a JAG, they do what they can inconsistently which is why they are JAGS. The OL is inconsistent. The TE's are MIA or blocking. Beyond Welker the receivers don't get seperation consistently or quickly enough for the QB to find them without getting his body slammed into the ground. The defense loses focus and pats itself on the back too easily against teams determined to go 4 downs. I watch teams every week make plays I wish we could...consistently. Receivers catch balls in incredibly tiny windows because they have to. Here unless guys are wide open in blown coverage it's a crap shoot. I see guys smiling and jawing and high fiving on the sidelines or looking sheepish like they hope nobody's expecing more from them. Brady isn't among 'em.

They should have scored 24 today and could have had 31 easily. On the road, on short rest, in the division. And they should have given up less than 20. But that would require better execution and determination and decision making than we are getting consistently across the board from the HC on down.

This is very well stated in my opinion. I have been struggling to clarify my feelings for this team and this season and for all intents and purposes this made great sense to me.

Is it safe to say that the Patriots will not be in position to seriously contend for a Super Bowl again.....absolutely not, but I'm ready to cash in this season and hope for a playoff berth and upset if possible. I think this team should collectively volunteer for an off-season conditioning program at a logging camp up in the Yukon where all they get is bad, black coffee, flapjacks, ham, and bread and are forced to log with axes and horses. Seriously, I really do believe that they have the pieces on this team to win, they just don't have that fire and edge that we took for granted from the likes of Rodney Harrison and Tedy Bruschi. Meriweather appears to be a player on the rise, but I wish he'd stop with the stupid theatrics after making a 2nd down stop only to allow the opposing team to convert on the following down. That's the problem.

If you read his comments in context with what Welker said, this isn't nuclear physics. They have endured breakdowns in all three phases of the game and Wes acknowledges that. But Welker's comments about guys showing up to play every week and not just when it suits them smacks of some well paid veteran problems - possibly on both sides of the ball but I can't imagine him addressing the defense this pointedly.

I think in many respects the allure of coming here to win a ring has begun to backfire and resulted in players who are to some extend along for the ride. The guys we got early on like Rodney and even Fauria and Vrabel were different in that they just wanted to be part of something they felt might be special and they saw a role for themselves and grabbed it for all it was worth. Lately I get the sense guys just want something, be it a ring or a career revival. And then there are the youngsters being influenced mostly by guys who either never lost or guys who haven't won a damn thing here (if anywhere) yet. He brought Junior back for a reason, and it wasn't his playing time potential.

I think Bill miscalculated on what the offense he assembled in 2007 would deliver and could deliver in 2009 with little substantive upgrading to counter the blueprint he seemingly dismissed. I think he also miscalculated on what a faster, younger defense in transition could deliver by December absent a sprinkling of hard nosed, holdover core leaders AND the rebirth of an overpowering offense. I don't think Seymour is the missing link so much as Rodney and Tedy.

This is a good point, and has been on my mind for awhile. Kind of like joining a Fortune 500 company to answer phones, figuring you'll do just good enough to keep your job while reaping the benefits of belonging to a first class organization. The problem is, you get enough employees like this (at any level) and your orginaztion stops being first-rate.

Probably a flawed analogy, but I get what your saying. For some reason, I was always curious to see what newly-signed free agents had to say about joining the Patriots. I liked hearing established NFL players gush about the team and its (recent) tradition. Perhaps there's a downside to all that...

I'll quote you from one of your previous posts on another thread...
"You're an idiot"

Brady is clearly not himself. You have a better explanation?

Brady is clearly not himself. You have a better explanation?

He has thrown for over 300 yards in 6 out of his last 7 games, and 16 TDs. I dont know what you expect from Brady. Yes hes made some poor throws, but every QB in the league does, you cant expect perfection all the time.

He has thrown for over 300 yards in 6 out of his last 7 games, and 16 TDs. I dont know what you expect from Brady. Yes hes made some poor throws, but every QB in the league does, you cant expect perfection all the time.

I want back the Brady who doesn't make turnovers during crunchtime and who leads his team down the field to win a game with an attack of short to medium range passes. He is throwing too many bombs, throwing into too much coverage and making too many poor decisions lately.

Physically he looks ok, mentally something is up. Having a pregnant wife and kid on the way weighs a lot on a guy's mind, why would he be any different? He's human.

He was quite the workout warrior back in his Oakland days. Fat lot of good it did them. Too bad we didn't have him then, when like is coach said you have to be able to cut, and he could. Can't anymore, he's stiff as a board. Likely it's back related but knowing the cause doesn't alter the effect. Maybe we need coach Martin here. His philosophy is to push players to their limits and not settle for 80-90%. He thinks lots of coaches baby their players for fear of injury. I think we've seen more of that here over the last 3-4 years due to our reliance on veteran players. We haven't won in that timespan...

Nobody is saying he isn't trying or working hard. He just isn't playing hard consistently on game days. Maybe he's doing all he can. Either way it isn't resulting in enough to justify $9M.

I want back the Brady who doesn't make turnovers during crunchtime and who leads his team down the field to win a game with an attack of short to medium range passes. He is throwing too many bombs, throwing into too much coverage and making too many poor decisions lately.

Physically he looks ok, mentally something is up. Having a pregnant wife and kid on the way weighs a lot on a guy's mind, why would he be any different? He's human.

Everyone wants to see that Brady come back, me included. I actually dont think hes been making bad decisions, he just isnt executing with his throws.

Brady has had a kid before and I think he handled the pressure just fine. Does an average man with a pregnant wife, perform poorly at their job? I think this is just people searching for an excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back