PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady: at times ‘I don’t think we fight very hard’

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I certainly hope Brady isn't only referring to Randy Moss with the "fight" comment because if he thinks Randy Moss is the reason for the team's performance woes, well, than there are bigger problems than anyone realizes.

The whole damn team comes out flat in the second half. It's a team problem.

Maybe the Patriots should just chill out on the sidelines instead of going back into the locker rooms lol, might help turn things around...

If you read his comments in context with what Welker said, this isn't nuclear physics. They have endured breakdowns in all three phases of the game and Wes acknowledges that. But Welker's comments about guys showing up to play every week and not just when it suits them smacks of some well paid veteran problems - possibly on both sides of the ball but I can't imagine him addressing the defense this pointedly.

I think in many respects the allure of coming here to win a ring has begun to backfire and resulted in players who are to some extend along for the ride. The guys we got early on like Rodney and even Fauria and Vrabel were different in that they just wanted to be part of something they felt might be special and they saw a role for themselves and grabbed it for all it was worth. Lately I get the sense guys just want something, be it a ring or a career revival. And then there are the youngsters being influenced mostly by guys who either never lost or guys who haven't won a damn thing here (if anywhere) yet. He brought Junior back for a reason, and it wasn't his playing time potential.

I think Bill miscalculated on what the offense he assembled in 2007 would deliver and could deliver in 2009 with little substantive upgrading to counter the blueprint he seemingly dismissed. I think he also miscalculated on what a faster, younger defense in transition could deliver by December absent a sprinkling of hard nosed, holdover core leaders AND the rebirth of an overpowering offense. I don't think Seymour is the missing link so much as Rodney and Tedy. And I guarantee you AD is a huge disappointment. I think losing Brady for all of 2008 led to some miscalculations on what this offense truly still represented in the wake of SB 42. Because he never really tried to upgrade it so much as maintain it.

Well, I certainly hope Brady isn't only referring to Randy Moss with the "fight" comment because if he thinks Randy Moss is the reason for the team's performance woes, well, than there are bigger problems than anyone realizes.

The whole damn team comes out flat in the second half. It's a team problem.

Its a team problem, but Brady and Moss are the leaders of this team. They are the ones who deserve to be called out to step up their play. Moss has been pretty much a no show in the Pats losses with the exception of the Colts. Today he makes the big play on the 1st drive then seems like he disappears. Brady just isnt making the plays that he is capable of making. These 2 are the leaders of the offensive and they need to step it up down the strech and in the playoffs

Its a team problem, but Brady and Moss are the leaders of this team. They are the ones who deserve to be called out to step up their play. Moss has been pretty much a no show in the Pats losses with the exception of the Colts. Today he makes the big play on the 1st drive then seems like he disappears. Brady just isnt making the plays that he is capable of making. These 2 are the leaders of the offensive and they need to step it up down the strech and in the playoffs

No question that's true, but what I'm saying is you simply cannot say that one guy is to blame for this. THere are too many breakdowns, too many problems for it to be taht simple. And I don't think Brady was just referring to Moss. I think he was quite plainly stating what is plain to see....the whole team has problems (well, except maybe Welker, that dude brings it).

No question that's true, but what I'm saying is you simply cannot say that one guy is to blame for this. THere are too many breakdowns, too many problems for it to be taht simple. And I don't think Brady was just referring to Moss. I think he was quite plainly stating what is plain to see....the whole team has problems (well, except maybe Welker, that dude brings it).

Agree with everything you said.
Esp the Welker part.. he plays hard every down
Maybe it was time for one of the team leaders to call everyone out (which is what I think Brady is doing, not calling one person out) and see if something changes with their effort.

Who the heck knows, this team should be better than 7-5 and are certainly more talented than Miami (IMHO).

He made some poor throws today, missing open guys and obviously the first INT, 2nd one cant really blame him

It was poor play all around in the 2nd 1/2 but why can't Brady be criticized for an atrocious throw? Kazur blew the assignment sure, but TB threw the ball. I know he was trying to dump it in to an empty spot on the field, but that was pretty bad.

What do you expect from the Pats TE's? The TE isnt a dominant position in the NFL anymore, there are very few TEs in the league that are capable of making a huge difference in a game.

WTH are you talking about, there are PLENTY of TEs that make a big difference, probably more scoring TEs than in a LONG time:

VDavis
Dallas Clark
TGonzalez
Winslow
Gates
Boss
Celek
Witten
Owen Daniels(b4 he got hurt)
Olsen
Shiancoe
Heath Miller
Zach Miller, and that was with JRussel the LOSER chuckin it!
Etc............

Struck a nerve did I? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
It was poor play all around in the 2nd 1/2 but why can't Brady be criticized for an atrocious throw? Kazur blew the assignment sure, but TB threw the ball. I know he was trying to dump it in to an empty spot on the field, but that was pretty bad.

That wasnt a bad play, it was more despartation than a bad throw. Cant blame Brady for that throw

When you have this many breakdowns, the only thing you can do is look up the chain of command. On the field it starts with Brady, and off the field, it starts with BB.

That wasnt a bad play, it was more despartation than a bad throw. Cant blame Brady for that throw

We'll agree the disagree, Dyn. There wasn't a receiver within 15 yds of Crowder. I know Tb was in desperation-mode but my goodness..

Never seen Brady criticize the heart and fight of his team in his 10 years with the Pats. You gotta wonder what's going on internally with this organization.
I wonder myself.

How much does this organization miss Richard Seymour, Jabar Gaffney, Ellis Hobbs with regard to the defensive line, a viable third wide receiver, and a premier kickoff returner? How many veteran players are now past their prime like Adalius Thomas, Derrick Burgess, Shawn Springs?

That second pick was Favrean, and I don't think this can just be pinned on one player. Sure, Brady is coming out flat in the second half, but just about everyone on the team is guilty of that, other than Welker and maybe McGowan and a handful of other players. People talking about gutting the team are missing the point. The Pats rolled up 14 quick points on the Dolphins but then lost the mental edge and coughed up the game. It isn't that the team isn't capable of playing well, it's that there is a mental barrier to finishing games, or at the most a conditioning problem (though I don't buy that).

He was about to be sacked which with no time remaining is basically a wash...

These are ten fast facts from the loss, seven deal with offense. Anything jump out at any of you like a sore thumb...

1. Quarterback Tom Brady became the 31st player in NFL history to reach 30,000 passing yards. He entered the game needing 268 yards to reach the milestone.

2. Brady finished 19 of 29 for 352 yards for his seventh 300-yard game of the season. The NFL record for 300-yard games in a single season is 10 by Rich Gannon (2002) and Drew Brees (2008).

3. The performance marked the first time in Brady’s 10-year career that he completed three passes of 50 yards or more in the same game.

4. Receiver Randy Moss (2 catches, 66 yards) reached the 1,000-yard mark on the season, joining Jerry Rice as the only players in NFL history with 10 seasons with 1,000 yards.

5. Receiver Wes Welker finished with 10 catches for 167 yards, his fifth game this season with 10 or more receptions. The NFL record for 10-plus reception games in a season is seven, set by Houston’s Andre Johnson in 2008.

7. Brady’s 81-yard touchdown hookup with Sam Aiken in the third quarter was the team’s longest play from scrimmage this season, and Aiken’s career long.

10. The Patriots have 30 drives of 10 plays or more this season, which leads the NFL.

10 fast facts from Patriots' loss - Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

Guess what tom, I don't see the FIGHT IN YOU. Your beginning to be the pouty Peyton on the sidelines :mad:

Right one!! I see plenty of fight and fire in Welker and Aiken and Sammy Morris. Anyone see any fight in the glitter twins Brady or Moss?? Saw no attempy by Moss to break up that INT in the zone. Saw no attempt by Moss to follow through on his block causing a Patriots drive to srall when Moss' DB went and stopped a 3rd down run. Favre and pouty Peyton study photos of D coverage in between series. Has anyone ever seen Brady reviewing anything on the sidelines?? It ain't workin' Tom!! Time to get back to basics.

I wonder myself.

How much does this organization miss Richard Seymour, Jabar Gaffney, Ellis Hobbs with regard to the defensive line, a viable third wide receiver, and a premier kickoff returner? How many veteran players are now past their prime like Adalius Thomas, Derrick Burgess, Shawn Springs?

They don't miss Seymour if the problem is lack of leadership. In fact his demise here may have impacted AD's mindset (or he aged overnight). Jab was a better outlet WR than Aiken and he had some rapore with Brady. But Denver offered him $500K more...which we couldn't afford because we were overpaying to test drive Galloway... They absolutely miss Ellis for a lot of reasons, not the least of which was his spark. Bill used to say that Hobbs was good for this team. He played 110% every snap even when playing injured. But even back in 2007 they were wasting some of his best plays... We still have old players, only now they either can't get on the field or don't know or won't embrace the system and have no basis in winning here. That's tough and it leaves little margin for error playing in front of a young defense. When the offense stalls or the HC makes a questionable decision that backfires, you almost know they are screwed.

Right one!! I see plenty of fight and fire in Welker and Aiken and Sammy Morris. Anyone see any fight in the glitter twins Brady or Moss?? Saw no attempy by Moss to break up that INT in the zone. Saw no attempt by Moss to follow through on his block causing a Patriots drive to srall when Moss' DB went and stopped a 3rd down run. Favre and pouty Peyton study photos of D coverage in between series. Has anyone ever seen Brady reviewing anything on the sidelines?? It ain't workin' Tom!! Time to get back to basics.

Brady was looking over the pictures today on the sideline. They showed it a few times.

Just sayin...

Your defense is soft.

Yall need help. send a first round pick to Carolina and I will do what I can to help yas for a small price.

They don't miss Seymour if the problem is lack of leadership. In fact his demise here may have impacted AD's mindset (or he aged overnight). Jab was a better outlet WR than Aiken and he had some rapore with Brady. But Denver offered him $500K more...which we couldn't afford because we were overpaying to test drive Galloway... They absolutely miss Ellis for a lot of reasons, not the least of which was his spark. Bill used to say that Hobbs was good for this team. He played 110% every snap even when playing injured. But even back in 2007 they were wasting some of his best plays... We still have old players, only now they either can't get on the field or don't know or won't embrace the system and have no basis in winning here. That's tough and it leaves little margin for error playing in front of a young defense. When the offense stalls or the HC makes a questionable decision that backfires, you almost know they are screwed.
Sometimes the devil you know is better than the devil you don't.

Seymour vs Burgess
Gaffney vs Galloway
Hobbs vs Springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing