PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady: at times ‘I don’t think we fight very hard’

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a crock of ****, but about the norm for you. Brady was getting beat like a pulp today and still making plays. We don't have anyone on this offense besides him and welker and faulk, though his age is showing, who fight through all manner of **** to make a play. Moss doesn't. Aiken is a JAG, they do what they can inconsistently which is why they are JAGS. The OL is inconsistent. The TE's are MIA or blocking. Beyond Welker the receivers don't get seperation consistently or quickly enough for the QB to find them without getting his body slammed into the ground. The defense loses focus and pats itself on the back too easily against teams determined to go 4 downs. I watch teams every week make plays I wish we could...consistently. Receivers catch balls in incredibly tiny windows because they have to. Here unless guys are wide open in blown coverage it's a crap shoot. I see guys smiling and jawing and high fiving on the sidelines or looking sheepish like they hope nobody's expecing more from them. Brady isn't among 'em.

They should have scored 24 today and could have had 31 easily. On the road, on short rest, in the division. And they should have given up less than 20. But that would require better execution and determination and decision making than we are getting consistently across the board from the HC on down.

Sorry but you're wrong. Brady was 13-14 the first half, and 6-15 the 2nd half. Miami didn't really do anything different in the 2nd half other than doubling up on Welker late in the game.

I love how perfect everyone on this board is. Never made a mistake. Guy comes on and says what everyone is thinking, and calls himself out in the process, and people still can't get enough. Another reason the east coast sucks. No support for anything. Just a bunch of people that think they know everything.

there is making a mistake but brady is consistently making key mistakes that hurt his team. he is throwing INT's in the redzone versus protecting the ball. he's becoming to risky and it's caught up with the team bigtime.

2 horribly overthrown passes and a red zone INT. Nope, thats not fighting very hard.

hes right

now its time for someone to do something about it

a whipping by the saints doesnt get the team to realize, a loss to the phins prob doesnt either....

Tommy always tells the truth.

Yeah, and lately he always throws INT's at the worst possible moment, like in the endzone on TD drives or when the Pats are trying to come back. He's as much to blame as anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, and lately he always throws INT's at the worst possible moment, like in the endzone on TD drives or when the Pats are trying to come back. He's as much to blame as anyone.

I totally agree with this. they don't manage the game too well these days

Tommy better look hard in the mirror tomorrow morning
2nd half INT killed us in the Red Zone

INT's at the Colts and NO and 1st Jets game also hurt
He is forcing to Moss and the league knows it.

He is a great QB having an average year with some very poor decisions at crucial points in these games

I miss the good old days when we could run the football and Charlie was in charge. No delay of games, No stupid Timeouts, no confusion on Offense

This team rots from the head
Hey BB
Wake up

Brady threw two picks today. The first was a mistake because of who he was targeting, the guy who almost never fights for the ball in tight coverage or beats double coverage unless it's blown. The second was on our last play of the game when he was in the process of being sacked. Did you see the ball he threw to Aiken. Too bad Aiken is a six figure JAG who can't make those catches with anything approaching consistency. If he did he'd be worth $9M.

Brady went to the locker room after the first series because of a hit. Turns out it would only be one of many on the day. I honestly don't know what some of you think your watching. But it's inconsistent execution across the board and lack of sufficient talent or effort on the part of some of the talent and it's been the same problem essentially for a while now. The only difference is we've traded slow and savvy for fast and inexperienced in the back 7 on defense. Other than that these are the 2007 Patriots once December rolls around. Maroney carried them down the stretch that season, but they seem determined not to go that route this time. It's almost as if someone is in denial that they can't get this passing offense to work in game as it does in practice. It goes hand in hand with the playcalling and decision making by the hoody.

He must be talking about himself. It starts and ends with him when it comes to the offense. Moss is only ONE player, and only ONE of 3 WR's.

He is the one not finishing the game, and Graham has the numbers to show that:

In second half, Brady a road woe-rrior - AFC East Blog - ESPN

You do realise Brady can't win the game on his own, right?

There are a variety of reasons we didn't finish the game beyond Brady's play, and a number of reasons for Brady's struggles that aren't his doing.

Tom Brady and Bill O'Brien have no chemistry. I think it starts and ends there. If I was Belichick ... I would let Tom call his own plays the rest of the year.

Why are all the threads about criticizing the offense being closed? There are at least 4 on the current page closed now, most that were 5-star threads with 30+ comments.

It's pretty ridiculous that this site isn't even allowing free discussion as it pertains to the offense.

You do realise Brady can't win the game on his own, right?

There are a variety of reasons we didn't finish the game beyond Brady's play, and a number of reasons for Brady's struggles that aren't his doing.

You didn't even take a look at the link did you?

Why are all the threads about criticizing the offense being closed? There are at least 4 on the current page closed now, most that were 5-star threads with 30+ comments.

It's pretty ridiculous that this site isn't even allowing free discussion as it pertains to the offense.

There were 6 or 7 threads closed, maybe a few slipped to page 2..other Non-Liked threads are being sent over to the Reject Forum known as the Practice Squad.

You didn't even take a look at the link did you?

I did. Maybe you didn't read it carefully enough. Care to point out where Graham says it's all Brady's fault?

You do realize a quarterback can't throw and then teleport upfield, gain separation from coverage and catch his own passes? You do realise that, by and large, he doesn't call the plays? You do realise he can't double up as an O-lineman?

Brady's play has been spotty in the games we've lost (and even a few we've won) but there are a lot of reasons for that, and many of those aren't of his doing.

Last edited:
There were 6 or 7 threads closed, maybe a few slipped to page 2..other Non-Liked threads are being sent over to the Reject Forum known as the Practice Squad.

Does this board practice censorship? Yikes.

Never seen Brady criticize the heart and fight of his team in his 10 years with the Pats. You gotta wonder what's going on internally with this organization.

Brady threw two picks today. The first was a mistake because of who he was targeting, the guy who almost never fights for the ball in tight coverage or beats double coverage unless it's blown. The second was on our last play of the game when he was in the process of being sacked. Did you see the ball he threw to Aiken. Too bad Aiken is a six figure JAG who can't make those catches with anything approaching consistency. If he did he'd be worth $9M.

Brady went to the locker room after the first series because of a hit. Turns out it would only be one of many on the day. I honestly don't know what some of you think your watching. But it's inconsistent execution across the board and lack of sufficient talent or effort on the part of some of the talent and it's been the same problem essentially for a while now. The only difference is we've traded slow and savvy for fast and inexperienced in the back 7 on defense. Other than that these are the 2007 Patriots once December rolls around. Maroney carried them down the stretch that season, but they seem determined not to go that route this time. It's almost as if someone is in denial that they can't get this passing offense to work in game as it does in practice. It goes hand in hand with the playcalling and decision making by the hoody.

The int at the end of the game was to avoid a sack. If he gets sacked time runs out because the Patroits had no timeout left.

I did. Maybe you didn't read it carefully enough. Care to point out where Graham says it's all Brady's fault?

You do realize a quarterback can't throw and then teleport upfield, gain separation from coverage and catch his own passes? You do realise that, by and large, he doesn't call the plays? You do realise he can't double up as an O-lineman?

Brady's play has been spotty in the games we've lost (and even a few we've won) but there are a lot of reasons for that, and many of those aren't of his doing.

O'Brien doesn't call for interceptions or tossing two straight incompletes to a doubled up Welker. O'Brien also doesn't call a 6-4 record when leading at the half this year, as opposed to 62-2 in the past few years. Also O'Brien doesn't call for Brady to take a nose-dive in the 2nd half which he has done all year long, which is what those numbers show you, so please don't patronize me with that "teleporting" crap.

The int at the end of the game was to avoid a sack. If he gets sacked time runs out because the Patroits had no timeout left.

If he is going to throw the ball there, it better be right into the ground. I'll take a sack or intentional grounding over throwing a game ending INT.

O'Brien doesn't call for interceptions or tossing two straight incompletes to a doubled up Welker. O'Brien also doesn't call a 6-4 record when leading at the half this year, as opposed to 62-2 in the past few years. Also O'Brien doesn't call for Brady to take a nose-dive in the 2nd half which he has done all year long, which is what those numbers show you, so please don't patronize me with that "teleporting" crap.

Erm, O'Brien (and not just him) plays a pretty big part in the dismal record when leading at the half, and he plays a pretty big part in Brady 'taking a nose-dive' in the 2nd half. How do you not realise this? :confused:

If you can't get your head around the fact a lot of things have to come together to make an effective quarterback performance and the quarterback isn't in control of lots of those things, you're probably going to have to get used to being patronised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back