PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady AP Offensive Player of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Wayne simply get all of his normal catches plus Harrison's? Oversimplification, sure, but Moss did have to share more with somebody (Welker) than Wayne did. Also, seems like I've seen Wayne takes a play off now and then, something Moss used to be accused of. But then, Wayne shows up big time a play later and still has a huge game. Just meandering I guess, Wayne is really good.

There's nothing simple about what Wayne did though...if all that was needed to get big numbers was being a #1 target, then almost every team would have a WR with Wayne's numbers. I know its tempting to minimize the accomplishments of a Colts player, but he had a season that in any other year would be the best from a WR. Whether Harrison's healthy or not, thats a HUGE accomplishment...and it only magnifies when you consider the team he did it on.

There's nothing simple about what Wayne did though...if all that was needed to get big numbers was being a #1 target, then almost every team would have a WR with Wayne's numbers. I know its tempting to minimize the accomplishments of a Colts player, but he had a season that in any other year would be the best from a WR. Whether Harrison's healthy or not, thats a HUGE accomplishment...and it only magnifies when you consider the team he did it on.
Don't understand the last sentence and it only magnifies when you consider the team he did it on. Isn't the team he did it on one of the top two teams in the NFL with one of the top two QBs? And, he became the go-to guy with Harrison out.

Seriously, when you have two seperate players break TD records, how could anyone else get a vote? There is no "value" quotient to this award, so the supporting case issue is irrelevent.

I am completely confounded by people's thought processes sometimes.

Don't understand the last sentence and it only magnifies when you consider the team he did it on. Isn't the team he did it on one of the top two teams in the NFL with one of the top two QBs? And, he became the go-to guy with Harrison out.

Like the Pats, the Colts play with a bullseye on their back, teams come out and dont play a prevent defense cause they're up 20..they play their hardest game of the year. IMO when considering awards you have to put more weight on doing it on a competetive contender vs. doing it on an also ran.

Seriously, when you have two seperate players break TD records, how could anyone else get a vote? There is no "value" quotient to this award, so the supporting case issue is irrelevent.

I am completely confounded by people's thought processes sometimes.

I absolutely agree.

Congrats to Tom for this award, however I feel that Randy Moss should have gotten this award he had a great year. He broke a 20 year old record and showed that he can still play with heart and be a good teammate.

Congrats Tom...

Now let's beat the Jags!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back