PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady and the Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

calif pat

Rookie
Reaction score
have read through this site for years, just thought I would bring something up that kills me everyday. I live in LA now, grew up 15 minutes from Foxboro, but can't tell you the amount of aholes who tell me Tommy is a system guy...

My theory, and alot of others, fantasy football...Scrubs, national radio guys, espn here and there talk about Brady and the Pat's system. Kills me, did the system work against Carolina in the SB??? alll brady. how about in Pitts in AFC game in 04...ALL BRADY....no one gets it except Pats fans, hate it, ranting here...but know I am among brothers on this site who hear the same **** from guys they know.

Love Belichick, but we wouldn't have won anything without Tom, c'mon we all know it, it is easy....any old pat fan, old school, etc

OTOH isn't just about every NFL superstar a system guy, San Diego plays to the strengths of LT... if they did not then he would not be as successful, does that make him a system guy?? Indy plays to the strengths of Peyton, does that make him a system guy?? Baltimore plays to the strenths of Ed reed and Ray Lewis, does that make them system guys??

The reality is well coached teams play to the strengths of their players, if that makes them system guys then who cares. This whole system stuff gets way too much play, it is what it is the NFL. The system of the team meets the needs of the players and thus the team.. this gets way too much play and discussion, and a team that does not know how to do this or does not do this is rarely successful.

great reply GJ....you boozing tonight??? late

anyway, it always kills me being an east coast guy from boston and listening to people talk about Joe Montanta and dan Marino as so amazing and tom is systme.....just kills me....any true football guy knows it is more than that

If Brady is a system quarterback....then when doesn't every team just spend there cap money on defense.....and draft any sixth round QB....and have him throw to scrub receivers.

Presto: Championship team:rolleyes:

Toms already dealt with more systems and far lesser surrounding offensive talent then Manning.

What does that make Manning?

Well, people that say Brady is a system QB are basically just jealous. Brady never came into the league with manning's or Elway's pedigree.

System QB's are the Trent Dilfer's of the world. Surround them with a good D, a strong run game and tell them to not lose the game.

Tommy has done this in most years w/o a strong run game and no name receivers. Heck, he won 2 SB's with Smith at RB.

Brady's composure, the way he spreads the ball around, his knack for the big play, those are not system QB skills. His ball fake skills, his leadership skills, the list goes on and on.

He has the the league in passing yards and passing TD's. Enough said.

This offense should be amazing this year. I am not sure we realize what Moss, Welker and Stallworth will bring to this team. Also, their additions will make the gaffney's and Caldwell's the 5th and 6th WR's. No more Fred Colemans and Kelvin Kight's.

Let the critics whine, we'll just keep winning with our "system QB".

I am so sick of the arguement that Brady success is a product of this offensive system and a superior defense giving TB the opportunities to score.

You need brains and talent to execute an NFL offense. You need guts and and a killer instinct to win championships.

Why can't people see that?

I am so sick of the arguement that Brady success is a product of this offensive system and a superior defense giving TB the opportunities to score.

You need brains and talent to execute an NFL offense. You need guts and and a killer instinct to win championships.

Why can't people see that?

That's the point....they don't want to see it. Or admit it for that matter.

Well said ,LB,oh,wouldnt have any gum on you that you could spare....??

Krugman, sorry i am out of gum. But I have a friend that can get you some. How much do you want?

What's Montana then? The entire West Coast Offense was a system devised by his coach and implemented when Montana took over. Steve Young would not be in the HOF if it weren't for that system. If anything, guys like Marino and Fouts prove that you can't win without a good system. It takes both. If Brady is a system QB, then so isn't Manning. Manning isn't doing as much at the line as he's been given credit for. He, his coaches, and his linemen have all stated the fact that there are very few surprises when they get to the line. Manning has a choice of several plays and based on the defense, he calls one of them. His line already knows what he's going to call.

look, it's this simple, the coachs put them in a position to win, but ultimately the players have to make the plays. Period done. Belichick never found these receivers, Tom did.

I don't bother getting into this argument with my friends cause when it all comes down to it at the end of the day, it's number 12 that makes the plays, he ultimately has to make decisions, many times when the play breaks.

Belichick would be the first to tell you....it's the players that make the plays....can you guess the theme here...:)

A "System" is a group of interacting components, in use in pursuit of a common goal. This off the top of my head. Let me check Websters too....

System 1. a set or arrangement of things so related or connected as to form a unity or organic whole.

How does this definition not describe a team?

In other words, are your friends trying to describe quarterbacks who are great athletes, despite the fact that their teams are bad?

Are they looking for losers with great stats?

Are they aware that QBs on winning teams are unlikely to play from behind, and therefore pile up gaudy stats?

This argument sickens me. It glorifies individual achievement in the midst of mediocrity, and puts individual before team.

Remember Super Bowl XXXVI? The reason the Pats won that game, as well as the other two they won in 03 and 04, could be read in the opening introductions.

That dedication to team over individual has swept the league now, and only a team of prancing prima donnas would go back to "preferring to be introduced as individual divas..."

So as I've said before... if you like stat-boy divas, argue until you are blue in the face for the Marinos of the world. If you like guys that SHOULD be winners despite reality, take it one step further and argue for the Jeff Georges of the world.

Your Montanas, Elways, Bradys, and now, Peytons of the world "get it":

It don't mean a thing if you ain't got that bling.

And all the columns of figures in the books mean precisely **** in comparison.

PFnV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back