PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady and Moss ranked #1 in Fantasy 2009 projections

Status
Not open for further replies.

bostonia3333

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I expect the Pats to be the best TEAM in the nfl this year. However I am not sure Brady is going to put up gaudy stats like he did in 2007, especially coming back from such a serious injury. I am not sure the Pats want to put him in a position where he is throwing so much. That's why I am surprised he is ranked on this site no. 1 in fantasy projections.

WalterFootball.com: 2009 Fantasy Football Rankings - Quarterbacks

And for Moss, I expect a much better season than 2008, but I think it's Fitzgerald's year as far as stats are concerned.
WalterFootball.com: 2009 Fantasy Football Rankings - Wide Receivers

Another interesting read from the site, the Pats are ranked no. 9 in fantasy defense--which is pretty good I think.

WalterFootball.com: 2009 Fantasy Football Rankings - Defenses

However, they mention that the Pats avoided drafting a pass rusher which will prevent them from getting 35 sacks this year. This is what drives me nuts, because he's right.

Brady threw 50 TDs in 2007. In 2009 he arguably has better weapons with the additions of Galloway, Lewis, Baker, and Fred Taylor. I think he'll probably toss at least 40 TD passes in 2009 even with a more balanced offense likely. That's definitely worthy of #1 overal QB status in a fantasy league. But hopefully people will be scared off by 2008 and not take him as the 1st QB off the board...

Last edited:
just curios but why does every 1 say randy sucked in 08

i mean he had 11tds how is that bad?

just curios but why does every 1 say randy sucked in 08

i mean he had 11tds how is that bad?

And would've had more if Cassel had developed a deep ball, and/or if Welker underneath wasn't proving so viciously lethal to opponents.

I think we all take for granted how insanely good Brady played in 2007, and we expect an encore performance. 50 TDs is a disgustingly high number--that is over 3 Tds per game against a pretty tough schedule. Those numbers are like Kobe scoring at least 30 points in each game for 82 straight gms. That is something that will likely never be done again and to expect that level of play following a year off from the NFL is nuts. To expect even 40 TDs is crazy, as that is a very high number. When Steve young won the super bowl in 94, he threw for 35 TDs and was NFL MVP that year. For Brady to be above 30TDs would be awesome in my book.

And would've had more if Cassel had developed a deep ball, and/or if Welker underneath wasn't proving so viciously lethal to opponents.

ya, the few games i got to see in nj i saw that lack of deep ball so much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back