PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady After the Win: "I Sucked Pretty Bad Today"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The coverage was quite brilliant by the Ravens.

But yea the trick to beating Tom Brady is to have a consistent and effective pass rush with only 3 or 4 players and the rest in coverage. Obviously thats hard for any QB, but particularly so against Tom b/c of his lack of mobility. He can't buy that much extra time.

Its the same blueprint the Giants have used before.

Obviously the O line has to step it up, and I think they definitely need to play better in the SB

He was pretty good except for a few passes. The deep pass to Slater (?!) has already been discussed.

Hopefully he will realize that he doesn't have to "win" the game, just don't lose it.

Giants are tough. i am excited. Hopeful. Nervous.

What else could he say? He expects so much of himself. He was right, He missed Gronk wide open early which would have been a touchdown. One inaccurate throw to Hernandez which would have gone for a big gain. A bad decision on the INT to Edelman. Another bad decision on the deep pass to Slater.

Usually his INTs are tipped balls or drops by the receivers but you rarely see him making bad decisions. It wasn't his game. Hopefully he pulls himself together by SB time.

Definitely his worst game of the season. But then again Brady usually has one or two stinkers per year. Let's just hope that he left all of his bad football on the field today.

That was a pretty subpar game by Brady, but both interceptions came on fantastic, athletic plays while he was throwing to career special teamers. Our WR core is in dire need of an upgrade, I don't want to see Slater/Edelman out there for an extended period of time in the playoffs.

I actually thought his worst throw of the day, by far, was the missed TD to Gronk.

We'll take it and move on, but Tom has to play better for us to be in good shape against the Giants.

As we all collectively post comments on this thread, Brady is somewhere in the bowels of Gillette pouring over game tape of today's AFC Championship game as well as that of the 2011 New York Giants.

This is the type of competitor he is. Today's substandard performance will gnaw at his insides like maggots on a corpse.

He will likely rebound. Expect him to be his usual sterling self in Indy two weeks from tonight! :rocker:

As we all collectively post comments on this thread, Brady is somewhere in the bowels of Gillette pouring over game tape of today's AFC Championship game as well as that of the 2011 New York Giants.

This is the type of competitor he is. Today's substandard performance will gnaw at his insides like maggots on a corpse.

He will likely rebound. Expect him to be his usual sterling self in Indy two weeks from tonight! :rocker:

This is in fact what I worry about most. I feel he has taken too much on and has become too intense and self-critical and not as resilient to mistakes as he was when he was younger. I hope the fact he played like crap and they still won will help him ease the pressure off himself and we don’t see any need to force it to a double covered Slater.

Thats why he usually doesnt have two bad games in a row, also with the win today with him having a bad day may ease his mind some that he doesnt need to be perfect for this team to win. He can just relax and have a Tom Brady kind of day.

Last edited:
Bottom line? Yeah, he probably did suck, but...

The football gods giveth and they taketh away.

They tooketh away with Ben Dreith...they gaveth back with Walt Coleman...they tooketh away again with David Tyree and they gaveth back today with Lee Evans and Billy Cundiff.

And the beat goes on...and on...and on...it's why it's so goddam hard to get to a Super Bowl, let alone get to seven and win three. or four.

Last edited:
This is in fact what I worry about most. I feel he has taken too much on and has become too intense and self-critical and not as resilient to mistakes as he was when he was younger. I hope the fact he played like crap and they still won will help him ease the pressure off himself and we don’t see any need to force it to a double covered Slater.

Then if this is indeed the case, let us hope that he realizes the scope of what happened today: that his team won with him not at his best, and perchance it will allow him to focus on the positive plays to be made in the next game moreso than the negative ones of today's game.

a deep throw to slater??? that pass was farvesque,,, also a bad call by bill o brien to go to slater
The worst part of the play was how obvious to everyone it was coming. When I turn to my wife in Section 307, Row 10 and tell her that they're going to try for a kill shot after the pick, something is amiss. Hopefully BB can get this offense's head right for the "next game".

The worst part of the play was how obvious to everyone it was coming. When I turn to my wife in Section 307, Row 10 and tell her that they're going to try for a kill shot after the pick, something is amiss. Hopefully BB can get this offense's head right for the "next game".

Josh...he'sssssss back

Josh...he'sssssss back

In 2007 it seemed that in each game the Patriots Offense did worse and worse as teams figured out how to cover them. I think the Patriots have more weapons now than they did in 2007 and are less predictable. I’d rather see a 2003/2004 type team where they knew they could play close and bring it home at the end than a 2007 team that didn’t know what to do without a 10+ pointy lead.

Even if the pass was perfect, Slater likely drops that pass or misjudges the trajectory of the ball. I NEVER want to see Slater on another offensive play again.

In 2007 it seemed that in each game the Patriots Offense did worse and worse as teams figured out how to cover them. I think the Patriots have more weapons now than they did in 2007 and are less predictable. I’d rather see a 2003/2004 type team where they knew they could play close and bring it home at the end than a 2007 team that didn’t know what to do without a 10+ pointy lead.

Thats exactly what I was thinking, teams knew how to slow them down by the end of the year and at least keep it close to have a chance to win, they had to squeak a couple out at the end to keep the perfect season. This offense is much more versatile but we do need Brady to be sharp to keep all the pieces moving.

Thats exactly what I was thinking, teams knew how to slow them down by the end of the year and at least keep it close to have a chance to win, they had to squeak a couple out at the end to keep the perfect season. This offense is much more versatile but we do need Brady to be sharp to keep all the pieces moving.

Yea in the 2007/8 SB, the highest scoring offense in history became very predictable and put up only 14 points. The Patriots defense held the Giants to 17 points.

I would like to see Ridley active for the SB. We need another unknown for the Giants to have to deal with. It is ok to run the ball sometimes as today showed at times. Especially after we get an int with 6 minutes to go and we have the lead ;)

I lol'd pretty hard at that comment, wonder how it came across at the stadium to 60 thousand plus, punch drunk fans?

Smith INT=Eli moment(without the good fortune)

He's done a great job this season helping the team get here, big thanks to TB.

I was so happy to see Brady get up and spike the ball after that qb sneak over the top after Lewis drilled him into the turf. Glad Brady does some yoga, it might have helped keep him from serious injury on that play.

Only his 3rd playoff game (and 18th total) below 60 QB Rating (Ravens L, Chargers W in 06)... he's carried the team on so many occasions, it was great to see the D help carry the Pats to victory.

Tom Brady will always be his own toughest critic, which is what I love about him. "Just good enough" is never good enough. Keep striving to be better. Gotta love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back