PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady actively recruiting Taylor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good stuff, but I guess it's just a matter of opinion. I'd still rather have younger players who can develop than older players who will only get injured or give you so many impact plays per year. IMO the ceiling should be 32 and not any higher. But whatever. Here's to hoping the older players on the team this year can stay healthy.:)

Shawn Crable, Terrence Wheatley, Laurence Maroney, Pierre Woods...

bah, waste of time, I guess. Stupid AD and his geezer arm... lol

The goal isn't to have the best young players, the goal is to win. If a guy can help the team win, the age doesn't really matter.

If you want to bring in a young guy who has shown the ability to rush the passer the way Taylor has in the past, I'm all for it. However, there are only so many of those players, so having Taylor for a couple years sounds pretty good.

Can he still do it? Better than the #23? Taylor at 35? or a young rushing OLB at 23? You'd choose Taylor? Not me.

Shawn Crable, Terrence Wheatley, Laurence Maroney, Pierre Woods...

bah, waste of time, I guess. Stupid AD and his geezer arm... lol

Ugh...The difference is, those players will come back next year. Jason Taylor or Mike Vrabel will not.

Last edited:
Ugh...The difference is, those players will come back next year. Jason Taylor or Mike Vrabel will not.

You keep changing your point. Earlier you said if they were younger they wouldn't get injured. Make up your mind...

You keep changing your point. Earlier you said if they were younger they wouldn't get injured. Make up your mind...

What mind? I don't have one. Stop your just toying with me.:p

A. Thomas will and Brady will and I would be suprised if this is Vrabel or Taylors last year so they would be back too...

Look in an ideal world it would be nice to have young talent at every position but players who are young and in their prime come with a price and it is not economically pheasable to have that at every position and like drafting good finding good players who are plus 32 is equally important to building a team that can win and sustain winning........getting value out of production

Last edited:
Taylor would be a good fit, we are sorely lacking playmakers on defense since Bruschi and Rodney got old and Seymour got paid.

He has played in this system under Saban and was down right dominant. That was also 05, although he was good in 06 in that system. Those were also 4 and 3 seasons ago. So who honestly know what he can do now?

It's all financial, if we can get a good number in the 4's you sign him up ASAP.

I want Taylor on this team pretty badly...but 7 milli a year is a too rich. I'd do something like 10 milli over 2 years. If his priority is winning a ring, he'll take a "paycut" to play here.

Maybe a "no questions asked" long weekend with Giselle and 2 friends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes