PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady a little peeved at Kraft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pujo

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
On telling Robert Kraft, after the AFC Championship, that he'd play better in Super Bowl: "I'm always trying to play better. Every player on this team is trying to play better every week. I'm glad we won that game, I'm glad we're sitting in this position now, and I think a lot of guys played really well. That's what it's going to take again this week. I always have private conversations with Mr. Kraft. They're supposed to be private. I guess they're not."

Brady talks Kraft, Eli, Super Bowl - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

On telling Robert Kraft, after the AFC Championship, that he'd play better in Super Bowl: "I'm always trying to play better. Every player on this team is trying to play better every week. I'm glad we won that game, I'm glad we're sitting in this position now, and I think a lot of guys played really well. That's what it's going to take again this week. I always have private conversations with Mr. Kraft. They're supposed to be private. I guess they're not." Brady talks Kraft, Eli, Super Bowl - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

I'm not reading the article, but don't you think they could have been overheard?

I didn't consider that, but yeah.

I think he was upset about the ease dropping.

On telling Robert Kraft, after the AFC Championship, that he'd play better in Super Bowl: "I'm always trying to play better. Every player on this team is trying to play better every week. I'm glad we won that game, I'm glad we're sitting in this position now, and I think a lot of guys played really well. That's what it's going to take again this week. I always have private conversations with Mr. Kraft. They're supposed to be private. I guess they're not."

Unfortunately espn left out a small but rather important piece of information that led you (and surely others) to believe Brady was upset with Kraft, when that was not the case:

It Is What It Is » Tom Brady doesn’t appreciate eavesdropping on his conversations with Robert Kraft

“I always have private conversations with Mr. Kraft that are supposed to be private but I guess they’re not.”

NFL Films cameras routinely pick up candid conversations on the field following a game, with some showing up like they did on the “Inside the NFL” program on Showtime on Wednesday night.​

You want to change thread title (hit edit, then go advanced) or do you need me to do it?

I just love the difference between Brady and Flacco:
Brady after winning the AFC Championship game to go to the Superbowl:
Man I sucked, I can't play this bad in 2 weeks. The team bailed me out.

Flacco after losing the game:
I played well and that's how I always play. You can say what you want, blah blah blah, look at me, I'm great.... Why aren't you giving me my due! I just lost the game, but look, I put up some stats at least. Where's my due!

ease dropping...hmmmm...I don't know BUT...that sounds suspiciously scatological to me...
confused.png

Nice try...

Holy cow, I can't believe this would get this sort of spin — or be left as innuendo as ESPN did. (Hard to believe Reiss would be part of that). I heard it live and it never occurred to me that he was talking about anything but his comment being picked up by microphones on the field.

As a fan, I though it said a lot about how he says these things in private, not for show.

Last edited:
He's obviously talking about the microphones that picked that up. I cannot believe it's being spun any other way. Kraft hasn't said anything about it anyway.

Oops, sorry, I'm not sure it was the spin so much as me just taking it the wrong way. I should have known better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back