PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady #3 in Pro Bowl voting behind Vick and...

Status
Not open for further replies.
arent probowls voted by other team players and coaches? shows what other teams/staffs think of brady

The NFL only publicizes the fan vote. The coaches' (1/3 of the voting) and players' (a different 1/3 of the voting) are not publicized.

Everyone realizes that Vick has nothing to do with Cassel, Brady, Rivers, Manning, etc getting into the pro bowl considering he places in the NFC right?

One important thing to remember is fan voting only counts for 1/3 of the vote. So while the fans can make it a popularity contest (like all of the Washington players leading the votes last year) the coaches and players can make it right. I can't imagine any players or coaches besides the Colts voting for Pick Six.

Last edited:
I won't root for Vick either.

I root for a QB that dumped his GF when she got pregnant. I root for a coach that is a homewrecker. I have rooted for pot heads and guys who beat their wives. I have rooted for guys that used banned PEDs. And I have no problem doing so.

But I will absolutely not root for Vick. And his has nothing to do with the dog fighting...he wears the wrong color jersey. However, if the ever does play for the Pats, I will root for him.

I actually didn't vote for Vick for the pro-bowl, but I voted Brady, Rivers, Cassel. But if Vick gets in over Rivers or Cassel I don't see that a bad choice. Vick is having a good year.
You seem to have an unusual and accurate insight into the personal lives of a lot of people in the public limelight. You must know a lot of them and their families personally. You are one fortunate person. An absence of character flaws becomes you. Congratulations.

Via weekly madden updates

"Tom Brady QB NE Increase, from 98 to 99OVR"

He's 99 WOOOOOOOOOOOOO who needs the probowl when you got MADDEN?

You are one fortunate person. An absence of character flaws becomes you. Congratulations.

Actually quite the contrary. I don't claim to lack character flaws.

And I don't give two hoots about the character flaws of the players on our team or another team.

But claims of "I could never root for a guy like Micheal Vick" sound like complete BS to me.

If Vick plays for the Pats I will root for Vick. If he plays for 31 other teams I won't.

If Ray Lewis becomes a Patriot I will root for him to murder the other team.

I rooted for Danny Woodhead to fail when he was a Jet, but as a Patriot I want him to have a HOF career.

I rooted for Moss when he was a Patriot. But now I hope he never catches another TD pass.

That's how I roll.

But I won't pretend that the Patriots players are morally superior to the players on 31 teams or that I could never root for a dog killer.

Last edited:
...Peyton Manning.

Vegas just took "Cassel gets screwed by idiot fans" off the board.

What a load of horsesh$t.....If Brady doesn't get voted as the #1 QB This year for the pro bowl after all he has accomplished with no major star power in undertaking one of the toughest schedule in NFL history....then the voting system is seriously flawed. No offense but Mike Vick is lucky to be in the NFL to start with (f"ing Dog torturer and killer....REALLY??!) but he also happens to have Desean Jackson and J Maclin two elite WR's....oh and by the way he has a top, elite DUAL THREAT RB and a great TE too......Manning.....he sucks this year and shouldn't even be in consideration......Should be if anything.....Brady, Cassel, and Ryan Fitz!!!!!

Last edited:
I think Brady should be ahead of Vick, but you have to admit Vick is having a great season.

Now Manning on the other hand, WTF??? :bricks:

Brady? Third? That's just too funny.

I can't make myself care even the slightest bit about the fan voting component of Pro Bowl selections.

But...it sure would be funny for a guy to be named MVP and not make the Pro Bowl. Has that ever happened?

F*ck Vick. F*ck Manning. It's a damn popularity contest. The Pro Bowl should be players only voting.

Ever since Robert Edwards I would rather have no Pats is the Pro Bowl

Brady will get in as a backup at the very least, and hopefully won't play in the Pro Bowl anyway. I don't see anybody else in the offense getting in to be honest. On defense, Wilfork is a possibility. McCourty leads the AFC in INT and has a shot. Mayo leads in tackles but I'm afraid he'll get snubbed for some reason. We could see Tate picked as KR. That's about it.

arent probowls voted by other team players and coaches? shows what other teams/staffs think of brady

No, it's split between them and idiot fans. The idiots vote first. Then the pros weigh in and don't always do better...but in this case I'm pretty sure they will. Their vote counts for half... No way Brady wins the MVP and doesn't make the pro bowl...

Brady will get in as a backup at the very least, and hopefully won't play in the Pro Bowl anyway. I don't see anybody else in the offense getting in to be honest. On defense, Wilfork is a possibility. McCourty leads the AFC in INT and has a shot. Mayo leads in tackles but I'm afraid he'll get snubbed for some reason. We could see Tate picked as KR. That's about it.

He will get snubbed because all he has is tackles and 1 sack, Ray Lewis will no doubt get in as usual, it's a joke, Ed Reed and Troy Polamalu both starters in last years Pro Bowl when BOTH missed half the season. :mad:

It's a stupid stat driven, media hyped popularity contest but one Brady has already been screwed out of more than once by flash in the pan one year wonders. Kinda like BB and COTY. It goes on your HOF record. Brady is the best QB in the league this season by a wide margin.

It's a stupid stat driven, media hyped popularity contest but one Brady has already been screwed out of more than once by flash in the pan one year wonders. Kinda like BB and COTY. It goes on your HOF record. Brady is the best QB in the league this season by a wide margin.

I am fine with having not a single Patriot player going to the pro-bowl as long as the team wins a game in February.

Superbowl >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> probowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes