PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady 19-1 on artificial surfaces....

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTS-80

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I wonder how an artificial surface affects the QB? Does it help only the WRs and thus the passing game? I'm wondering if helps on the QB's footing any. Anyhow, now we have artifical surface for homefield.

I'm glad we finally have it. Brady plays best on it. Real grass just isn't worth it.

Sure it's the footing. The QB being able to drive through the ball without slipping or worrying about slipping. Those things seem to bother Brady more than most QB so I think it brings his game down more than it brings other QBs' games down.

Brady seemed to be on the mark today. The only pass he misthrew was the INT that tipped off Troy. His deep balls were right on the money, the pass to CJ, as much as it pains for me to admit, was on my man CJack for mistiming it. He put the ball where it had to be all day, the numbers don't do his performance justice.

I do think the field has a lot to do with it - think about how much this guy relies on his footing.

I'll reserve any opinion on the new field until after I see a game on it when it's snowing and freezing weather!! I have no idea what the artificial surface will be like for footing in those circumstances. Could be better or it could be a lot worse, just have to wait and see.

Brady seemed to be on the mark today. The only pass he misthrew was the INT that tipped off Troy. His deep balls were right on the money, the pass to CJ, as much as it pains for me to admit, was on my man CJack for mistiming it. He put the ball where it had to be all day, the numbers don't do his performance justice.
Jackson needs to catch it but Brady could have made it a lot easier on him as he was so wide open.

But, yes, so far it looks like the new field was definitely the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes