PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bradshaw rips on Shula, Fox boys defend Belichick

Status
Not open for further replies.
From USAToday

"Say what?

Howie Long of Fox NFL Sunday referred to colleague Jay Glazer's copy of the Patriots spy tape as the "Magruder" film of the NFL. Host Curt Menefee asked if he meant the "Zapruder" film. Long made up for the blunder with his humorous attack on critics who want Belichik to wear a hair shirt forever.

"People say, 'He's not remorseful, he's not contrite enough.' What do you want him to do? Go on Oprah and cry? Bill Belichick is Bill Belichick," Long said.

Terry Bradshaw then delivered a oddly dismissive comment on ex-Dolphins coach Don Shula, the winningest coach in NFL history, for criticizing Belichick: "I didn't even know Don Shula was still around. Who cares? Let it go, Don."

Cool. The ol' "media bias" argument. That always goes somewhere productive and interesting. :rolleyes:

It's real interesting how this media bias against Belichick parallels the media bias against the Republican party.

The amusing part is that all the people in New England who are generally liberal and who generally don't have a problem with the pro-liberal media bias is seeing how the media truly inserts itself into the process and distorts the news in pursuit of its own agenda.

And interesting enough, in both cases FOX seems to be the network that cuts through the distortion and bias.

u r a genious...

Wow I can't even believe I live in a world where people choose to watch Fox News. I know that one day we will all be watching Fox News, but I always assumed it would be once we became a full blown police state.

Fox Sports doesn't discuss politics. We don't boycott their sports station because of what they air on their news station. You'd have to be an idiot to do that.

While there has been bias against that Patriots this year, some of you guys are being overly sensitive and jump on any member of the media for saying ANYTHING bad about the Pats or BB. I mean it could be 1 comment from some analyst who has always been fair to the Pats and there'll probably still be a 5 page thread here dedicated to questioning his credibility :)

I guess our patience has been worn thin by countless rediculous attacks...after a while, the nerves tend to get a little raw.

Fox Sports doesn't discuss politics. We don't boycott their sports station because of what they air on their news station. You'd have to be an idiot to do that.

Good point. I watch CBS sports, no problem, despite the biased wreck their once great news dept has become. No CBS boycott here.

It's real interesting how this media bias against Belichick parallels the media bias against the Republican party.

The amusing part is that all the people in New England who are generally liberal and who generally don't have a problem with the pro-liberal media bias is seeing how the media truly inserts itself into the process and distorts the news in pursuit of its own agenda.

And interesting enough, in both cases FOX seems to be the network that cuts through the distortion and bias.

I know, I know, don't get political here. I'll stay away from specifics, but Sieglo you had the exact thought I've been having (only mine didn't bring FOX in).

That's exactly what the media wants. Especially the New York media, which is largely responsible for this story being as big as it is. They want BB to open a vein in front of them. They want him to kneel before them and submit to their finger waving and moralizing glances.

This is true, the NY media has wanted bellichecks submission ever since the NYJ press conference announcing his appointment to the throne of the jets where he gave them the figurative middle finger. Even though he was rejecting the position he was being put in by the organization I think that the Greater NYC area took it as a personal rejection.

It was astonishing to watch. I can only imagine the NY media blowhards looking at each other with gaping mouths saying "He is insane. How could somebody not want to be coach in the center of the universe?!?"

That is why we will always love BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back