PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bradshaw rips on Shula, Fox boys defend Belichick

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, Phil Simms also (unsurprisingly) thinks the world of Bill Belichick. He's even rocked the BB hoodie twice. :)

BB's defense MADE Simms career in NY

FWIW, Phil Simms also (unsurprisingly) thinks the world of Bill Belichick. He's even rocked the BB hoodie twice. :)

Boomer Esiason is the one that has rocked the hoodie. But you're right that Simms is a big Belichick guy.

Last edited:
Howie's really the interesting viewpoint.
He has no love lost for the Patriots.

Here's a question for Howie, would you want your son to play for BB? It's not rhetorical as his son Chris Long looks to be a first round draft pick next year....

Can we agree to leave politics out of this? This is a FOOTBALL forum. The anti-BB bias doesn't parallel anything in the mainstream media, because, here's a newsflash: EVERY news network is in it for the money, and the money is in catering to extremes. Every major news outlet in America sucks right now, so there's no point debating over and over who sucks more. If you think Bill O'Reilly or Ann Coulter doesn't manipulate the news to fit their own message, in straight Easterbrookian fashion, then you're deluding yourself. Don't get me wrong, the liberal media does too, but that's the point: everyone does it.

Spygate didn't teach me that the liberal media specifically manipulates the news. For one, I already knew that, but it rather reinforced the fact that all news outlets, liberal or conservative, report with an agenda. And, if anything, I see a lot of Easterbrook's insistence on classifying two complex, nuanced entities as Good and Evil in the Republican party.

Hey, friend, you and I think alike.

F#ck the democrats, and F#ck the republicans.

Period.

What have any of them ever done for me?

Hey, friend, you and I think alike.

F#ck the democrats, and F#ck the republicans.

Period.

What have any of them ever done for me?

my thoughts , exactly. two sides of the same coin. enough of political nonsense. back to football and yes i did see howie and jimmy et al. that was fantastic. hey shula, how about a nice big bowl of stfu. i've actually heard a few guys say they hope the pats go undefeated just to piss off those washed up old dolphins.

All this talk is nice, but wasn't Bradshaw the one guy on FOX who 9 weeks ago acted so appalled by spygate (you'll remember that everyone else on the set called him naive!)??. So when did he suddenly decide to impart all kinds of love on the Pats?

If you think Bill O'Reilly or Ann Coulter doesn't manipulate the news to fit their own message, in straight Easterbrookian fashion, then you're deluding yourself. Don't get me wrong, the liberal media does too, but that's the point: everyone does it.

Well for one thing I never claimed that FOX didn't have its own bias. But on the flip side the bias is pretty transparent. Anyone who equates Bill O'Reilly or Anne Coulter (LOL!, she's not even a member of the media) with Dan Rather is deluding themselves. Rather pretends to be unbiased; O'Reilly's entire schtick is his bias.

Boomer Esiason is not an anti-Pats guy, and neither is Shannon Sharpe, as anyone who listens to Sirius NFL Radio would tell you. Bill Cowher has had nothing but complimentary things to say about BB and this team. Sure, Marino is a Miami homer, but Brady feels comfortable enough to do a sitdown interview him. A few posters in this thread have no idea what they're talking about and it's quite obvious that their political agendas are creeping into their posts.

Boomer Esiason is not an anti-Pats guy, and neither is Shannon Sharpe, as anyone who listens to Sirius NFL Radio would tell you. Bill Cowher has had nothing but complimentary things to say about BB and this team. Sure, Marino is a Miami homer, but Brady feels comfortable enough to do a sitdown interview him. A few posters in this thread have no idea what they're talking about and it's quite obvious that their political agendas are creeping into their posts.

Yeah, the CBS crew has been very fair to BB... Fox News fans are very insecure about their favorite cable news network. People are reaching about this.

Well for one thing I never claimed that FOX didn't have its own bias. But on the flip side the bias is pretty transparent. Anyone who equates Bill O'Reilly or Anne Coulter (LOL!, she's not even a member of the media) with Dan Rather is deluding themselves. Rather pretends to be unbiased; O'Reilly's entire schtick is his bias.

"Fair and balanced." ?

Anyone else see the FOX pre-game show?? Terry Bradshaw now says he's openly rooting for the Patriots to go undefeated this year as a result of Don Shula's comments. He ripped Shula a new one and good. Loved his opening comment of disrespect for Shula, "is he still around??" The boys at Fox have had enough of the media agenda surrounding BB and the Patriots. Terry Bradshaw says BB didn't deserve all the Dungy handshake nonsense and how the media takes 20 pictures of the Dungy/Belichick handshake looking for that one photo to make BB look bad. And they showed the photo, BB walking away from Dungy as they were shaking hands. Jimmy Johnson and Barry Switzer poked fun at the handshake nonsense and how they wanted no part of happy chat with opposing coaches after a game. Howie Long wants to know what exactly people want from BB, for him "to go on Oprah and cry"?? It's weird but the NFC network in Fox is much more fair to the Patriots than the AFC network CBS is. And forget about ESPN. They're all clown TV.
finally people with common sense and no agenda .espn is a total joke .i avoid all there pre game bull sh-t

"Fair and balanced." ?

FOX News calls itself fair and balanced, not Bill O'Reilly. See the distinction? O'Reilly has even stated that he shouldn't be thought of as a news anchor.

I went to B.U. when O'Reilly did...same as Howard Stern....we're all nuts

Boomer Esiason is the one that has rocked the hoodie. But you're right that Simms is a big Belichick guy.

:yeahthat:

My bad. :p

All this talk is nice, but wasn't Bradshaw the one guy on FOX who 9 weeks ago acted so appalled by spygate (you'll remember that everyone else on the set called him naive!)??. So when did he suddenly decide to impart all kinds of love on the Pats?

Love Terry, he always makes me laugh, however it may have taken him a little longer than his buddies on the panel to process the whole situation in order to come to a better analysis!;)

While there has been bias against that Patriots this year, some of you guys are being overly sensitive and jump on any member of the media for saying ANYTHING bad about the Pats or BB. I mean it could be 1 comment from some analyst who has always been fair to the Pats and there'll probably still be a 5 page thread here dedicated to questioning his credibility :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes