PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bradley Fletcher released- Brandon King (S) Promoted From PS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fletcher was scary garbage. Giving younger players a chance is the way to go here. Also in the News, I would like to take this op to share my crush on Melissa Stark. Thank you.

[EDITED to add Checkwa and Cox]

Brandon King has little to do with giving players a chance to play corner. King didn't even practice much at corner during the preseason. He was almost exclusively a STer.

With regard to Fletcher, I don't understand the angst. Belichick brought in lots of players, including last year's PS players and UDFA's like King. He added Checkwa, Fletcher and McClain, hoping that they would be the help that we needed. Belichickk then added Cox. Roberts looked good and was injured.

When this was clearly insufficient, Belichick brought in Brown. When he was injured, Coleman was added. Brown was considered a starter when he was brought in; but so was Fletcher.

In any case, we have Butler and Ryan plus what is left of Belichick's valiant tries to replace Revis and Browner.

Last edited:
Brandon King has little to do with giving players a chance to play corner. King didn't even practice much at corner during the preseason. He was almost exclusively a STer.

With regard to Fletcher, I don't understand the angst. Belichick brought in lots of players, including lat year's PS players. He added Fletcher and McClain, hoping that they would be the help that we needed. Roberts looked good and was injured. When this was clearly insufficient, Belichick brought in Brown. When he was injured, Coleman was added. I might have forgotten a couple.

In any case, we have Butler and Ryan plus what is left of Belichick's valiant tries to replace Revis and Browner.
Agree. Still needs 1 more. Could be Fletcher again.

With regard to Fletcher, I don't understand the angst. Belichick brought in lots of players, including lat year's PS players. He added Fletcher and McClain, hoping that they would be the help that we needed. Roberts looked good and was injured. When this was clearly insufficient, Belichick brought in Brown. When he was injured, Coleman was added. I might have forgotten a couple.

We all wanted to Fletcher to succeed. I thought he would be an average RCB. I guess he's not even that. Curran said today that Fletcher was consistently getting burned in TC. Why weren't additional changes made then if it was obvious to the coaching staff he wasn't getting it done.

How many are we going to bring in till one finally sticks? Their is a manager at my work that keep hiring people that fail. Why does this keep happening?

I'm hoping for a trade. You need to give up value to get value.

We all wanted to Fletcher to succeed. I thought he would be an average RCB. I guess he's not even that. Curran said today that Fletcher was consistently getting burned in TC. Why weren't additional changes made then if it was obvious to the coaching staff he wasn't getting it done.

How many are we going to bring in till one finally sticks? Their is a manager at my work that keep hiring people that fail. Why does this keep happening?

I'm hoping for a trade. You need to give up value to get value.

If Coleman or Brown vaporizes they are making a trade. I'm convinced of this.

They know what they have in Malcolm and Ryan.

Bradley Fletcher's dead money total ($1,893,740) consists of his $800,000 salary since it is eligble for the termination pay, his $300,000 signing bonus, his $106,240 offseason workout bonus, $650,000 in playing-time incentive and $37,500 in earned 46-man active roster bonuses. The Patriots will receive a credit in 2016 for the unearned LTBE playing-time incentive.

Once again, those who not only feared, but predicted that Badly Fletcher would suck here
were proven correct, and once again, Bill was proven wrong.

CBs & WRs…WRs & CBs...

• Ha Ha
Reactions: rsd
Once again, those who not only feared, but predicted that Badly Fletcher would suck here
were proven correct, and once again, Bill was proven wrong.

CBs & WRs…WRs & CBs...

I can't wait until Bradley Fletcher is re-signed lol!:D

Cornerback is a position where you need to spend a high draft pick, or get lucky IMO. We haven't had high draft picks, no one with a top corner wants to trade them usually and we have gotten pretty lucky considering our loss of Mevis and Browner.

Getting Butler and Brown has been pretty lucky and running through a bunch of clunkers has been worth it. I think coleman is OK and one more with our safeties would give us a decent backfield, though ryan looks more like a safety.

Additional benefit is we keep the books balanced while keeping a lot of DE/DL depth and QB pressure which should yield some turnovers.

You can't really separate our secondary from our pass rush IMO. We could spend a lot trading for a mediocre corner and not get much better than we have in Butler and Brown IMO. One more quick youngster IMO.

Kids these days, you don't know how spoiled you are.

We used to have to endure whole seasons of Scooter McGruder, Earthwind Moreland, Duane Starks and Deltha O'Neal.

After a mere 4 weeks your suffering has ended? Freaking millenials don't know how good they got it.

"I was around back in the day, I know so much more about what i'm talking about because I witnessed it all. Look at me and what I know, this generation doesn't is spoiled unlike the great me, the veteran hall of fame fan."

Get over it. It doesn't matter what you dealt with 100 years ago, it's about this year. Just because it has been worse in the past doesn't mean we should sit here and say "man i'm glad we have fletcher, at least it's not like the teams of the older decades."

Does Edelman have the endurance to play every snap, both offense and defense, of every game? He could be the solution to CB #2.

"I was around back in the day, I know so much more about what i'm talking about because I witnessed it all. Look at me and what I know, this generation doesn't is spoiled unlike the great me, the veteran hall of fame fan."

Get over it. It doesn't matter what you dealt with 100 years ago, it's about this year. Just because it has been worse in the past doesn't mean we should sit here and say "man i'm glad we have fletcher, at least it's not like the teams of the older decades."

People still take my posts seriously?

I feel so alive!

God damn millenials! Read a book! Get a job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back