PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bradley Fletcher released- Brandon King (S) Promoted From PS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kids these days, you don't know how spoiled you are.

We used to have to endure whole seasons of Scooter McGruder, Earthwind Moreland, Duane Starks and Deltha O'Neal.

After a mere 4 weeks your suffering has ended? Freaking millenials don't know how good they got it.

*rummaging in back of closet for Hank Poteat bongos*

Scooter McGruder had the best name ever. If only him and Earthwind cold have been a tandem at one point. ;)
wasn't there a movie made about him at one point? oh, here it is:
macgruber-sequel-ftr.jpg

@caplannfl: #49ers announced: Released CB Shareece Wright.

Wright, who turns 28 on April 8, is also a magnet for drawing pass-interference penalties -- his eight pass-interference calls led the league last year, with one such flag declined, ahead of Buster Skrine and Blidi Wreh-Wilson, who both had seven, per ESPN Stats & Information.

In fact, Wright’s 12 defensive pass-interference penalties called since 2013 lead the NFL.
http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/12704/report-cb-shareece-wright-visiting-49ers

Not happy at all to have one less cb. Don't really understand that. If we get a replacement, preferably 6 feet plus, then we can talk.

Lol. Those only felt like whole seasons. I think Earthwind and Starks only played a few games. O'Neal most of the year but got benched toward the end.

Poteat.

On hopes of Shareece Wright - he couldn't crack this defense:
SF Gate said:
The 49ers rank 32nd in yards allowed per pass attempt, 30th in opposing quarterback rating (111.6) and 28th in passing yards allowed (284.3).
Not really an upgrade over Fletcher. Wright had a poor 2014 and then couldn't get on the field against weak competition in SF.

Maybe but that dude had a nose for the ball.

IIRC he drove Pats coaches crazy because he would get out of position at times because of his aforementioned nose for the ball.

Bradley Fletcher was depth insurance in case others didn't work. He was always an option below Butler, Brown, Ryan, (and early in camp Roberts) in the hope of the team. He got cut because of success of the young players more than a failure signing for the team.

NFLN has Fletcher listed as "probable" for the Pats tomorrow on its crawl. I sense an NFL investigation into the Patriots abusing the injury report coming.

On hopes of Shareece Wright - he couldn't crack this defense...

Yeah but they clearly don't know what they are doing over there.

He's a big hitter that gets lost in any kind of coverage. I don't think a position like CB is a good idea.

IIRC he drove Pats coaches crazy because he would get out of position at times because of his aforementioned nose for the ball.

I would not be surprised. My memory is good but not that good :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back