PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brad Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

tricktak

Banned
Reaction score
With the selection of Jeremy Kerley by the Jets and with Edwards and Holmes both Free Agents it looks like the Jets will cut the Cord with Brad Smith. I think Brad Smith would be a solid signing for the Patriots, he can do a lot of different things and would be very productive in this offense. If given significant playing time, he could surprise a lot of people and put up really good numbers. In New York between Holmes, Edwards, Cotchery and Keller, Smith kind of got lost in the shuffle but he would be a good sighning for the Patriots because of his playmaking ability plus he's still only 27 years old.

The Jets would cut the guy with the leading KR avg in the NFL last season (plus 2 KR TDs on 50 returns) - who also contributed 299 yds and a TD on 38 rushing attempts and is theit "Wildcat" QB - why, exactly?

The Jets would cut the guy with the leading KR avg in the NFL last season (plus 2 KR TDs on 50 returns) - who also contributed 299 yds and a TD on 38 rushing attempts and is theit "Wildcat" QB - why, exactly?

they wouldn't cut the guy. I think he's a free agent. And I remember the Jets organization saying that they were doubtful that he'd be retained. It's not that they don't want him, but that he won't be worth what he'd get in the free agency.

He is a free agent, think before you speak.

I think Brad Smith would be an excellent addition to this team. He could be the all-ST guy returning punts and kicks and allow Edelman and Tate to fully develop as receivers. As far as his worth on the market, I feel like he won't be as highly sought after by other teams. I'm not devaluing him, but when you see Holmes and Edwards as FA receivers (in addition to Rice), plus the fact that there will be a hoard of teams in on the Asomugha sweepstakes, he may not get a much attention. Plus, I can't really think of many KRs that were highly sought after and bidded on. Just a guess though.

I don't want him on the team, but I don't want him in the division either.

I honestly thought he was overrated as a return man. He's tall with average speed, but not very agile. It was the Jets blocking that really set him up to succeed. Just like they did with Leon Washington

He is a free agent, think before you speak.

I see. I was mislead by your phrase "cut the cord" with Brad Smith and didn't bother to look up whether or not he was a free agent. If I had, perhaps I'd have been jumping all over YOUR ass for an innocent but unfortunate choice of words, instead.

So, allow me to rephrase:

The Jets would cut let go the guy with the leading KR avg in the NFL last season (plus 2 KR TDs on 50 returns) - who also contributed 299 yds and a TD on 38 rushing attempts and is their "Wildcat" QB - why, exactly?

I don't want him on the team, but I don't want him in the division either.

I honestly thought he was overrated as a return man. He's tall with average speed, but not very agile. It was the Jets blocking that really set him up to succeed. Just like they did with Leon Washington

Smith had the highest average in the NFL (28.6) for guys who returned at least 25 kicks (Smith returned 50). Only two guys, Washington (3) and Ford (3), had more return TDs than Smith (2). Only one guy, Washington (7) had more 40+yd returns than Smith (6).

Which makes Smith "overrated" how? Is there some reason that production doesn't count?

Smith had the highest average in the NFL (28.6) for guys who returned at least 25 kicks (Smith returned 50). Only two guys, Washington (3) and Ford (3), had more return TDs than Smith (2). Only one guy, Washington (7) had more 40+yd returns than Smith (6).

Which makes Smith "overrated" how? Is there some reason that production doesn't count?

The Jets let Woodhead go, I'd be very happy to see pick up Smith and have him produce for us.

He already let us know why he thinks Smith is overrated. The jets blockers on the special teams allowed Smith to flourish. I honestly like him on special teams but there may be a team as well as Brad Smith himself who feels like he can be a viable WR ala Devin Hester. Thus, hes gonna make some good money in FA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes