PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brad Smith Unlikely to resign with the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, we need a receiver receiver. We have enough return men / occasional receivers and gimmick runners in Tate, Edelman, Hernandez, Woodhead, etc. I think Brad Smith would just be redundant.

Last edited:
i think this is bs. brad smith is a huge part of the jets.

He'd be a better fit in Miami.

Is it just me or does it seem like 90% of the time he comes in at qb for the jets he gains 1-2 yards? Isn't the idea that he has the threat to throw the ball? Not saying he's a bad player or anything, I'd take him on the pats. Just curious don't kill me :D

The 2011 New York Jets

Plane2R_450x300.jpg

i think this is bs. brad smith is a huge part of the jets.

Who of these are you letting go then?

K Nick Folk
P Steve Weatherford
QB Kellen Clemens
FB Tony Richardson
WR Braylon Edwards
WR Santonio Holmes
WR/KR Brad Smith
T Wayne Hunter
C/G Robert Turner
DE Shaun Ellis
DE Trevor Pryce
ILB David Harris
ILB Lance Laury
CB Antonio Cromartie
CB Drew Coleman
SS James Ihedigbo
FS Brodney Pool
FS Eric Smith

Bearing in mind that there might be a cap. And you have $109m committed already. Without your draft picks included.

Smith leads the league in yards per carry at 8.0

Alright I guess I don't watch jets often enough. Aside from the big run vs bengals haven't seen him do much.

Who of these are you letting go then?

Bearing in mind that there might be a cap. And you have $109m committed already. Without your draft picks included.

To be fair, most of that list is expendable. The only guys that the Jets should be concerned about holding onto are Holmes, Smith, Ellis, Harris, and maybe Cromartie and Brodney Pool. Still, though, those names are going to command a solid chunk of change from the Jets.

Alright I guess I don't watch jets often enough. Aside from the big run vs bengals haven't seen him do much.

good for him, where is he in touches?

To be fair, most of that list is expendable. The only guys that the Jets should be concerned about holding onto are Holmes, Smith, Ellis, Harris, and maybe Cromartie and Brodney Pool. Still, though, those names are going to command a solid chunk of change from the Jets.

That is a fair number of starters on both sides of the ball for the Jets.

As was mentioned, they already have 109 million committed to only 35 players. Whatever the cap is, the Jets are going to have to pray for so team friendly deals if they are to get even 3 of those guys re-signed.

I'd take Cromartie. I know alot of people don't like him but i like him just fine plus he'd make our secondary that much better. I know it wont happen, just wishing

I don't see the point in adding Smith. Where does he really make us better in a position that we don't already have?

I cant see him helping the team much unless we start running the Wild-Pat

I'd take Cromartie. I know alot of people don't like him but i like him just fine plus he'd make our secondary that much better. I know it wont happen, just wishing
Why? Bodden will be back next year, Cro-Mart will probably want too much to waste cash on him. He's a good player no doubt, just can't see spending the money on him.

That is a fair number of starters on both sides of the ball for the Jets.

As was mentioned, they already have 109 million committed to only 35 players. Whatever the cap is, the Jets are going to have to pray for so team friendly deals if they are to get even 3 of those guys re-signed.

Well, they could let Cromartie and Pool go without any big time loss going from this year until next year. I think Holmes is going to command a big salary. They'll pay him, IMO, based on what he's done for them this year. That will leave them in the tough spot of deciding which one of Ellis or Harris to re-sign since both of them will probably command a hefty contract for his position.

Man if steelers had kept holmes, with the season mike wallace is having. That would of been crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes