Brad Childress once again opens mouth, inserts foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
By: John Morgan

Brad Childress has had a long history of being seemingly obsessed with Bill Belichick. Perhaps it is not Belichick, but the New England Patriots as a whole that he is still infatuated with, nine months after being fired as head coach of the Minnesota Viki...

By: John Morgan

Brad Childress has had a long history of being seemingly obsessed with Bill Belichick. Perhaps it is not Belichick, but the New England Patriots as a whole that he is still infatuated with, nine months after being fired as head coach of the Minnesota Viki...

BB must still be laughing at that trade: he gets a third-round pick for someone who had little to no value to the team at that point, AND got one of the men he despises most fired in the process.

First of all, as head coach of a team it is part of his job to keep control of the locker room...

That reminds me of a part in Patriot Reign where BB's an up and coming coach and some player is mouthing off so he basically tells him to shut the eff up in front of the whole team.

Belichick on his worst day > Childress on his best day.

amatuer article, like usual.

In a column yesterday on NFL.com, Childress said Randy Moss “walked in the locker room and vomited on it”.

To me that says that Childress is blaming Moss for his getting fired.

I walked into McDonalds last week, and said "These fries are ****ty". To me that says that McDonalds is responsible for my car breaking down.

One does not follow from the other.

Yep, pretty much nailed it. If he could be re-fired after making these comments, I'm sure he would be.

I walked into McDonalds last week, and said "These fries are ****ty". To me that says that McDonalds is responsible for my car breaking down.

It isn't about that. It is about his weak attempt to shift the blame rather than taking responsibility for the situation and handling it like an adult.

Last edited:

Since you are obviously such a more talented writer, why don't you ask Ian to set you up with your own column here?

Amateur? You need help both on spelling and on constructing a rational argument.
Your simile is false and misleading.

It's clear to me, and most people quite possibly, that Moss is being used as a scapegoat.

If you remember when Moss was traded to MIN, he was upbeat and was looking forward to working with Favre and getting his career back on track for a 2011 payday.

But I think when he got there, he found out how bad things already were there, and how little hope Childress had of turning it around. And that's why his attitude went sour.

You know what? I always thought Childress was a horrible coach, but he is being paid to be an analyst now. I think it is honesty like that that could kick start his career.

Comments like these don't speak well to his coaching abilities, but it might make him a good talking head. I would rather listen to a guy who doesn't pull punches rather than kiss every player and coach's arse.

I was surprised to see him on NFLN in the studio this morning too...

Like really? Childress speaking on football.... who cares? :rolleyes:

I would rather listen to a guy who doesn't pull punches rather than kiss every player and coach's arse.
But slamming someone you have a personal grudge against is no better than kissing your friends' arses. Neither is impartial or based entirely on reality.

But slamming someone you have a personal grudge against is no better than kissing your friends' arses. Neither is impartial or based entirely on reality.
Moss was actually on his team, it makes sense that he'd talk about him, it's not like he brought up Belichick (this time). Childress was a terrible coach, but the editorials on this site are awful, too, they're no better than the muckraking from the established media that we jump all over. Let's all make fun of ESPN and then do what they do...

Last edited:
A jacka$$ walks in a bar with Childress on his back...bartender says "hey,Jack...why the long face????.."......

I'm here all week, sports fans...try the linguine and clam sauce...

It isn't about that. It is about his weak attempt to shift the blame rather than taking responsibility for the situation and handling it like an adult.

I don't see it as that at all. I think Childress is an asscl0wn, but I think its pretty clear that Moss pretty much did vomit all over the lockerroom.

Moss could have been the best teammate ever, and Childress was still losing his job, and I'm sure he knows that.

Who said his opinions were based on a personal grudge. It could be an accurate assessment. Moss made no friends in Minnesota and some of his exploits have already been well publicized like when he trashed the catering to the caterer's face.

Spot on Synovia.

There's, understandably, a lot of love for Moss around here because of what he did during his time with the Patriots. But his behavior upon being traded to Minn was unprofessional BS unworthy of what he had done in NE.
With that said, Childress earned most of his criticism and the Moss incident was just the last 10 cents needed to purchase Childress' million dollar ticket to obscurity.

A jacka$$ walks in a bar with Childress on his back...bartender says "hey,Jack...why the long face????.."......

I'm here all week, sports fans...try the linguine and clam sauce...

You're friggin' nuts,joker......but in a Joe Pesci,wtf is he gonna say next,kind of way:eat2:

Amatuer critic, as usual. IMVHO.

You know, you could actually try to argue against some of my points, instead of just making insults.

This is a nice example of why this site's articles are consistently terrible.

You know, you could actually try to argue against some of my points, instead of just making insults.

This is a nice example of why this site's articles are consistently terrible.

Sorry, I didn't think you had a point. You gave your opinion of the writer and I gave my opinion of your being a critic. You can always ask for your money back if you are dissatisfied with some of the product.

Let's move on.

Last edited:
I would love to read this guys book. I'm sure it will be written in crayon and have pictures so it won't take that long. But honestly I really want to know how this guy got to the NFL level of coaching. There's just something wrong there. A lot of us have been coaches and to see him break simple rules like owning up to mistakes, coach to coach matters private. Never mind 10 year old kids being able to pick up on these things. We are talking about grown men with degree's from major colleges in the NFL dealing with a clown like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down