Welcome to PatsFans.com

Brad Childress once again opens mouth, inserts foot

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PatsFans.com Article, Aug 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatsFans.com Article

PatsFans.com Article Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Brad Childress once again opens mouth, inserts foot
    By: John Morgan

Brad Childress has had a long history of being seemingly obsessed with Bill Belichick. Perhaps it is not Belichick, but the New England Patriots as a whole that he is still infatuated with, nine months after being fired as head coach of the Minnesota Viki...

2. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

BB must still be laughing at that trade: he gets a third-round pick for someone who had little to no value to the team at that point, AND got one of the men he despises most fired in the process.
  3. NovaScotiaPatsFan

NovaScotiaPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

That reminds me of a part in Patriot Reign where BB's an up and coming coach and some player is mouthing off so he basically tells him to shut the eff up in front of the whole team.

Belichick on his worst day > Childress on his best day.
  4. Synovia

Synovia Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

amatuer article, like usual.

I walked into McDonalds last week, and said "These fries are ****ty". To me that says that McDonalds is responsible for my car breaking down.

One does not follow from the other.
  5. Haley

Haley Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Yep, pretty much nailed it. If he could be re-fired after making these comments, I'm sure he would be.

It isn't about that. It is about his weak attempt to shift the blame rather than taking responsibility for the situation and handling it like an adult.
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  6. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Since you are obviously such a more talented writer, why don't you ask Ian to set you up with your own column here?
  7. alamo

alamo praedica numerum! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Amateur? You need help both on spelling and on constructing a rational argument.
    Your simile is false and misleading.

It's clear to me, and most people quite possibly, that Moss is being used as a scapegoat.

If you remember when Moss was traded to MIN, he was upbeat and was looking forward to working with Favre and getting his career back on track for a 2011 payday.

But I think when he got there, he found out how bad things already were there, and how little hope Childress had of turning it around. And that's why his attitude went sour.
  8. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +58 / 1 / -0

My Jersey:

You know what? I always thought Childress was a horrible coach, but he is being paid to be an analyst now. I think it is honesty like that that could kick start his career.

Comments like these don't speak well to his coaching abilities, but it might make him a good talking head. I would rather listen to a guy who doesn't pull punches rather than kiss every player and coach's arse.
  9. Kid~Brady

Kid~Brady Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I was surprised to see him on NFLN in the studio this morning too...

Like really? Childress speaking on football.... who cares? :rolleyes:
  10. alamo

alamo praedica numerum! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

But slamming someone you have a personal grudge against is no better than kissing your friends' arses. Neither is impartial or based entirely on reality.
  11. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Moss was actually on his team, it makes sense that he'd talk about him, it's not like he brought up Belichick (this time). Childress was a terrible coach, but the editorials on this site are awful, too, they're no better than the muckraking from the established media that we jump all over. Let's all make fun of ESPN and then do what they do...
  12. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +54 / 2 / -1

My Jersey:

A jacka$$ walks in a bar with Childress on his back...bartender says "hey,Jack...why the long face????.."......

I'm here all week, sports fans...try the linguine and clam sauce...
  13. Synovia

Synovia Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I don't see it as that at all. I think Childress is an asscl0wn, but I think its pretty clear that Moss pretty much did vomit all over the lockerroom.

Moss could have been the best teammate ever, and Childress was still losing his job, and I'm sure he knows that.
  14. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +58 / 1 / -0

My Jersey:

Who said his opinions were based on a personal grudge. It could be an accurate assessment. Moss made no friends in Minnesota and some of his exploits have already been well publicized like when he trashed the catering to the caterer's face.
  15. TheBostonStraggler

TheBostonStraggler Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Spot on Synovia.

There's, understandably, a lot of love for Moss around here because of what he did during his time with the Patriots. But his behavior upon being traded to Minn was unprofessional BS unworthy of what he had done in NE.
    With that said, Childress earned most of his criticism and the Moss incident was just the last 10 cents needed to purchase Childress' million dollar ticket to obscurity.
  16. italia44

italia44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

You're friggin' nuts,joker......but in a Joe Pesci,wtf is he gonna say next,kind of way:eat2:
  17. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

#75 Jersey
    Amatuer critic, as usual. IMVHO.
  18. Synovia

Synovia Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

You know, you could actually try to argue against some of my points, instead of just making insults.

This is a nice example of why this site's articles are consistently terrible.
  19. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

#75 Jersey
    Sorry, I didn't think you had a point. You gave your opinion of the writer and I gave my opinion of your being a critic. You can always ask for your money back if you are dissatisfied with some of the product.

Let's move on.
  20. Patriot Missile

Patriot Missile Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 1 / -0

My Jersey:

#75 Jersey
    I would love to read this guys book. I'm sure it will be written in crayon and have pictures so it won't take that long. But honestly I really want to know how this guy got to the NFL level of coaching. There's just something wrong there. A lot of us have been coaches and to see him break simple rules like owning up to mistakes, coach to coach matters private. Never mind 10 year old kids being able to pick up on these things. We are talking about grown men with degree's from major colleges in the NFL dealing with a clown like this.
  21. Synovia

Synovia Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I did not, at any point, give my opinion of the writer. I gave my opinion of the article. Clearly, with your continued accusations, you do not understand the difference.
  22. Ian

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 2 / -0

My Jersey:

#17 Jersey
    Not to mention the fact that since I write 75% of those articles, I appreciate the constructive criticism :rolleyes:

Sorry, tough to not get offended by that comment and your original one, but obviously you can't please everybody. However, you're certainly entitled to your opinion and I can't fault you for that.
  23. patsfaninpittsburgh

patsfaninpittsburgh Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Nothing wrong with the article Ian.

Anybody know exactly what Coronel Klink has against BB? The only thing I can think of is SBXXXIX. BB seems to be good friends with Andy Reid.
  24. Synovia

Synovia Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Did he even mention BB at all?

You're taking "Randy Moss was bad in the locker room" to mean " Randy Moss killed my coaching career and this is further evidence that I hate BB".

The logic doesn't follow at all.
  25. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Writing sports articles - specifically editorials - is setting yourself up for failure, Ian. The only way to make them interesting is to create controversy, and then you quickly become ESPN. Your articles are fine by the standards of sports journalism, for whatever that's worth.
  26. Off The Grid

Off The Grid Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 1 / -0

My Jersey:

#3 Jersey
    Couldn't agree more.

I probably respect and or admire more of the Patriots's worst enemies than anyone in New England...

But Brad Childress is SCUM.

I laughed my @$$ off when Coach Bill finally got a chance to make a move on that CHUMP...and stuck the blade in ALL...THE...WAY!!! :rocker:

Brett Favre + Brad Childress: MADE for each other!! :D

Don't you wish you'd stayed in Green BAY, Brett??? :rofl:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  27. Synovia

Synovia Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

But thats exactly what hes doing here: taking a quote about Randy Moss and trying to turn it into some big controversy.

its pretty clear from whats come out of the Patriots, Vikings, and Titans that Randy was a pain in the ass last year. Childress stating that isn't anything more than that.
  28. Ian

Ian Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 2 / -0

My Jersey:

#17 Jersey
    I appreciate that, although again, I don't fault the negative comment - those make me remember my mistakes so I try a little harder to not make them again going forward, and I'm sure John will probably have that on his mind for the next one he writes.

I was just a little bothered by the fact he said, "This is a nice example of why this site's articles are consistently terrible." As I said, since I write the majority of them on a day-to-day basis - it's nice to hear a little more feedback than that. Otherwise it's tough to make them better.
  29. Haley

Haley Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I don't know how you can miss the blame shift attempt. It is one thing to know that Moss vomited all over that locker room (I don't think many would argue with that). It is another thing to go to the media and publicly point out his failures. Childress is just using Moss to hide his own faults.

I agree that Childress was out either way, but this is his way of claiming otherwise and saving face.
  30. Angry Man

Angry Man REV-OH-LU-TION PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I changed the channel the second I saw he was on last night.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.