Brace Yourselves - We're in For A Tough Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
I wrote this in the Moss thread, but it's time to get realistic.

They're about to play two very tough football teams, both of which could potentially give this team its first three game skid - and some of you need to get mentally prepared for that fact. I'm hoping they at least split these next two, but I know they're going to have a tough go of it these next two weeks.

One thing to keep in mind, we're fortunate that the whole league isn't very good this year, and anything can happen. So when the dust settles, try and remember that if they continue the season and finish at least .500 over the final eight games, the odds are pretty good they'll get a shot at the postseason. So it's time to focus on trying to take some of the positives from each loss and think about how they can try and improve going forward. Unless you like driving yourself - and the rest of us - completely crazy.

Last edited:

They're about to play two very tough football teams, both of which could potentially give this team its first three game skid - and some of you need to get mentally prepared for that fact. I'm hoping they at least split these next two, but I know they're going to have a tough go of it these next two weeks.

One thing to keep in mind, we're fortunate that the whole league isn't very good this year, and anything can happen. So when the dust settles, try and remember that if they continue the season and finish at least .500 over the final eight games, the odds are pretty good they'll get a shot at the postseason. So it's time to focus on trying to take some of the positives from each loss and think about how they can try and improve going forward. Unless you like driving yourself - and the rest of us - completely crazy.

Oddly enough, I had this team at 6-4 through ten games, but still winning the division this year. I just didn't think it might shake out the way it could. The NFL is a gauntlet this year. We probably won't see a 13-game winner this year, and even 12-game winners might be scarce.

I just want to see how the kids bounce back from this game, and how the leaders will step up.

Last edited:

All due respect Ian, the Colts are 2 -3 as a road team this season. The Patriots are 4 - 0 at home this season, finished 8 -0 at home last season, and Brady has won 24 straight games at Gillette.

With all of the Colts many injuries this strikes me as a very winnable game IMHO.

After 2007 I learned my lesson. If at times I get nuts it's because this team is not consistent.

This team has no consistency, or at least that is how it seems to me. They have playmakers, but are not consistent.

Good post though. Watching the 2007 offense it sure looked easy, and the fact is it's not.

Stay grounded patriot nation...and enjoy the games as best you can...!

Last edited:
Going against the 2-5 Browns was supposed to be a winnable game. Palmer (2nd half), Sanchez, Flacco, Henne, Fitzpatrick, and Mccoy all looked like HOF's against our defense. How do you think Manning is going to look?

Last edited:
I'm not -too- worried about the Colts except for the fact that it comes right after the Steelers game. The Steelers game is going to be a very physical battle and may possibly have an impact on HFA. Hopefully the coaches can come up with a good gameplan to score some points because the Steelers are really tough. We'll definitely need to bring our A game.

Going against the 2-5 Browns was supposed to be a winnable game. Palmer (2nd half), Sanchez, Flacco, Henne, Fitzpatrick, and Mccoy all looked like HOF's against our defense. How do you think Manning is going to look?

He'll probably look ok...

The Pats beat Baltimore who is as good as any team in the NFL. I think they can beat anyone. They could lose the next two games or win both. The Steelers have been trending down losing last week and should have lost to the Dolphins if the refs didn't screw up the call on Roethlisburger's fumble into the end zone. The Colts aren't a good road team and beat up really bad right now.

I am chaulking up yesterday as a young team who looked past their opponent (Wilfork even said the Pats played like they practiced during the week). Until they prove otherwise, that what yesterday looked like. This team should be focused for the upcoming two games.

I agree 100%.

If our defense can stop Manning, it will be a major accomplishment at this point in their development.

All due respect Ian, the Colts are 2 -3 as a road team this season. The Patriots are 4 - 0 at home this season, finished 8 -0 at home last season, and Brady has won 24 straight games at Gillette.

With all of the Colts many injuries this strikes me as a very winnable game IMHO.

Obviously I'm hoping you're right, and I think anything is possible. Unfortunately that worked out against us yesterday since Brady was unbeaten against Cleveland before yesterday's game. I'm just trying to be realistic. Numbers only mean so much, and it comes down to how they play on Sunday that will make the difference.

The point is that people need to brace themselves in the event it doesn't work out, so that we can at least keep it together in here over the final half of the season. We've seen that after one loss it can get ugly - so I'm trying to head this off before times get tough.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure starting a thread predicting a tough ride and saying that you expect 1-1 or 0-2 the next 2 games and are hoping to go .500 the last 8 games usually gets you called either a troll or blasted as not a real Patriots fan.

Somehow I expect that will not happen in this case.

Due to the lack of deep threat and running game, most the WRs got covered up pretty good. So that will put all the pressure at the o-line and Brady can't stand there and dance for ever

The Browns game yesterday exposed all the Pats weaknesses and the Steelers gonna watch that film and do exact same thing. Let's hope that we not going to get blow out like the Packs did to the Boys last night.

Last edited:
The Jets in all likelyhood will beat Cleveland next week since their defense will most likely be able to stop Hillis unlike we did.

The week after that they play Houston who has a horrid secondary and problems elsewhere.

If the Pats lose to Both Pittsburgh and Indy as many here expect,that would mean 2 games back of the Jets and a tiebreaker edge added onto that which would make winning the division a near impossible task since they would only have 5 games left to overcome a 3 game deficit.

The next 2 games are EXTREMELY URGENT to win at LEAST 1 of them,lose the next 2 games and its all over in the division unless the Jets lose as well.

I think we have a great chance to win both games. Splitting them would be fine.

thanks Ian for making these threads to try and organize the chaos. It's funny that the team is 6-2 and everyone is behaving like this.

I know at times i haven't been the most mature person on here, but the "official gameday" threads are embarrassing to read and just put me in a foul mood.

If we lose the next 2 games i probably won't come on here much b/c the shameless crying and whining from the babies on here is just too unbearable when mixed with a tough pats loss.

Not that anyone cares what i think, but a lot of the spoiled babies on here need to stop crying and get realistic.

I'm pretty sure starting a thread predicting a tough ride and saying that you expect 1-1 or 0-2 the next 2 games and are hoping to go .500 the last 8 games usually gets you called either a troll or blasted as not a real Patriots fan.

Somehow I expect that will not happen in this case.

Not when the goal is to try and keep everyone on the same page and prevent a meltdown - which happened from a few people after one loss.

A game like yesterday could potentially be just the "awakening" (as Mayo called it) they needed, and inspire some better play from everyone. Hopefully when they sit down today and review the film, some of the problems we saw yesterday will get figured out and we see them come out and take it to the Steelers this week. But the point is to try and find some emotional balance. There are way too many people that are psyched when they win, and then completley crumble at a loss. They can't seem to grasp the concept that "they may lose" - and that's the point I'm trying to make with this thread.

Last edited:
Obviously I'm hoping you're right, and I think anything is possible. Unfortunately that worked out against us yesterday since Brady was unbeaten against Cleveland before yesterday's game. I'm just trying to be realistic. Numbers only mean so much, and it comes down to how they play on Sunday that will make the difference.

The point is that people need to brace themselves in the event it doesn't work out, so that we can at least keep it together in here over the final half of the season. We've seen that after one loss it can get ugly - so I'm trying to head this off before times get tough.

No offense Ian, but Brady's record against Cleveland is irrelevant. Brady has never played this Browns team. The last time Brady played Cleveland, Romeo Crennel was the coach, Derrick Anderson was the QB, Jason Wright was their lead RB, and probably most of that team is no longer on the current roster. People over play historical records against teams especially bad teams where there is typically a lot of turnover with players and coaching staff.

Brady doesn't have a great record against Mangini which is more relevant.

Not when the goal is to try and keep everyone on the same page and prevent a meltdown - which happened from a few people after one loss.

A game like yesterday could potentially be just the "awakening" (as Mayo called it) they needed, and inspire some better play from everyone. Hopefully when they sit down today and review the film, some of the problems we saw yesterday will get figured out and we see them come out and take it to the Steelers this week. But the point is to try and find some emotional balance. There are way too many people that are psyched when they win, and then completley crumble at a loss. They can't seem to grasp the concept that "they may lose" - and that's the point I'm trying to make with this thread.

I fear your point will be lost because the intended audience will not read nor care about it. The people that go far overboard, exaggerate and post ridiculous hyperbole are venting. They don't frequent the forum, they don't participate in objective discussion, they come here only when they need to vent.

No offense Ian, but Brady's record against Cleveland is irrelevant. Brady has never played this Browns team. The last time Brady played Cleveland, Romeo Crennel was the coach, Derrick Anderson was the QB, Jason Wright was their lead RB, and probably most of that team is no longer on the current roster. People over play historical records against teams especially bad teams where there is typically a lot of turnover with players and coaching staff.

Brady doesn't have a great record against Mangini which is more relevant.

Exactly - you just made the point I was trying to make with the other poster. A lot of the numbers thrown out there aren't relevant, and that was one that we heard all week from those who thought they'd walk right over them.

He posted that The Patriots are 4 - 0 at home this season, finished 8 -0 at home last season, and Brady has won 24 straight games at Gillette. That record applies to past games - it doesn't guarantee they'll win every home game for the rest of this season.

Last edited:
Exactly - you just made the point I was trying to make with the other poster. A lot of the numbers thrown out there aren't relevant, and that was one that we heard all week from those who thought they'd walk right over them.

He posted that The Patriots are 4 - 0 at home this season, finished 8 -0 at home last season, and Brady has won 24 straight games at Gillette. That record applies to past games - it doesn't guarantee they'll win each week.

Sorry, probably should have read more carefully.

I don't disagree at all.

Merely saying that if someone else were to post the same reasoned post that you made they could expect to recieve responses declaring them a troll, calling tham not a real Pats fan, and stating they probably never watch football if they think a 6-2 team with the best record in football might be in for some struggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back