PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brace DNP - Any Info Here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't say I was focused on Brace but I was surprised to see him on the bench all game. He seemed involved and there was no shunning by his peers. Once Pepper had a brief conversation with him. He was ready to go in for Wilfork but was called back. I don't know why he didn't play.

Thanks; at least Brace has that going for him.

Now Brace has even more competition for playing time. The Sands signing is disconcerting on 2 fronts: Wilfork isn't playing for awhile, and Brace isn't ready to take his snaps.

Wilfork isn't playing for awhile
I know you know everything but you're just guessing on this especially as we have two DT, including the decent looking Titus Adams, on the PS. They just want to take a look at this guy, no more no less.

At the very least, Brace might realize he needs to turn things up a notch. Not that he's in any trouble, he's a rookie. But another rookie is out there playing ahead of him.

He looks woefully out of shape, I don't expect him to play much this year. Next year after he has a year of an NFL training program under his belt it will be easier to evaluate him.

I don't think this is such a mystery. Pryor had a great training camp and is ahead of Brace on the depth chart. We should be happy about Pryor's emergence. It's still very early for Brace.

I don't think this is such a mystery. Pryor had a great training camp and is ahead of Brace on the depth chart. We should be happy about Pryor's emergence. It's still very early for Brace.
Yep. Brace has played this year, he's not being thrown to the sidewalk. Pryor is ahead of him, especially in the situation yesterday (we had a lead so they were throwing). This is a good thing, it means our 6th round sleeper is still impressing. It doesn't make our 2nd round pick a bust.

Yep. Brace has played this year, he's not being thrown to the sidewalk. Pryor is ahead of him, especially in the situation yesterday (we had a lead so they were throwing). This is a good thing, it means our 6th round sleeper is still impressing. It doesn't make our 2nd round pick a bust.

But, this is NE. You know we're going to come to that conclusion after 3 long weeks ;)

He looks woefully out of shape, I don't expect him to play much this year. Next year after he has a year of an NFL training program under his belt it will be easier to evaluate him.

Where are you getting your info that he is "woefully" out of shape?................out of thin air?

I have every preseason and reg season game recorded on disc,and I see no indication of this.Even if semi-true,don't you think BB wouls have pup'd him,rather than activating him.?Brace will play,when he's needed,not after a year of an "NFL Training program"...........ridiculous assertion.

I was reading one of the Boston papers today they said he went in..So uh idk lol.

It is a tad concerning a lower rounder is on the field already before him.

That Boston paper is wrong.

defensive snaps # are up per Reiss.

Brace played in 0 of 46.

Pryor was in 27 of 46.

Thanks PWP. Any idea just how injured Wright was, based on what you could see?

Well he never came back in (game almost over) but he did not look badly injured. Arm, wrist?

Note to Football Gods...do not curse Wright for my hubris

FWIW, Belichick said Brace played vs. the Falcons while on EEI.

Last edited:
I know you know everything but you're just guessing on this especially as we have two DT, including the decent looking Titus Adams, on the PS. They just want to take a look at this guy, no more no less.

If all they wanted to do was take a look at him, then couldn't they do that without signing him to a contract?

My guess is that Sands will remain on the 53 as insurance, for as long as Wilfork remains inactive, or Brace remains incapable of assuming his snaps.

There were two active roster DNPs yesterday, Hoyer and Brace. Does anyone know why Brace was stuck to the bench?

I heard from Reiss that it was because Brace stunk in the Jets game. I think he was in on the series where the Jets had no trouble running the ball all the way down the field in no time.

If all they wanted to do was take a look at him, then couldn't they do that without signing him to a contract?

My guess is that Sands will remain on the 53 as insurance, for as long as Wilfork remains inactive, or Brace remains incapable of assuming his snaps.

You nailed it IMO

I heard from Reiss that it was because Brace stunk in the Jets game.
That's a dramatic overstatement to what Reiss said although the concept was right.

You guys may be right but I would think bringing Titus Adams up from the PS would be more realistic insurance for Wilfork as Adams knows the defense a lot better and looked good in preseason.

I could have sworn I saw Brace (92) sub in when Wright went down...but I was in corner endzone and they where down by midfield so I could be wrong.

No I saw him too, was sitting in the press box and I pointed it out. He definitely came in. But I think it was at a time out, so I suppose they took him out and he never played?

That's a dramatic overstatement to what Reiss said although the concept was right.

You guys may be right but I would think bringing Titus Adams up from the PS would be more realistic insurance for Wilfork as Adams knows the defense a lot better and looked good in preseason.

I could have said 'was ineffective' or 'did not play his role very well' if it makes you feel better. It just does not flow quite as quickly.

Even if semi-true,don't you think BB wouls have pup'd him,rather than activating him.?

Not understanding your theory on how or why Belichick would have PUP'ed Brace?

In order to be PUP'ed, that means he couldn't have practiced at all in TC, once you practice you cannot be placed on PUP. It is reserved only for players who are injured, and cannot practice in any situation.

Not sure why you'd draft a player, then put them on PUP for no reason? How would you be able to evaluate them in any way, it really doesn't make much sense. If Brace were hurt coming out of the draft, a la Tate, then it would've been an option, but you cannot simply place a player on PUP because they aren't performing up to expectations. If that were the case, everyone would hide players there.

The only way you could determine the fact that they weren't performing would be to witness them practicing--and once they practice they aren't eligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back