PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brace an healthy scratch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And while we're at it, has Guyton fallen off the depth chart in favor of Dane Fletcher?

I think that the Pats dressed more LBers today because of that wierd 1-5-5 they decided to run at the end of the 3rd quarter. I saw both Guyton and Fletcher on the field then and on many of the 3rd downs.

I think that Flethcher was also dressed over Brace because of the injuries at Safety. With the injuries they had at safety, were planning on putting more LBers on the field in long situations. Normally, that was when they'd go with a "big nickle" and put 3 safeties out there. But with Page being out, I don't think they were willing to put a ton of pressure on Brown.

Oh....ok I just wanted to be sure tat he wasn't some kind of bust or something being a 2nd round pick and all

Deaderick dressed. Wright dressed. Pryor dressed. Not a good sign when your team doesn't put you in uniform for the game.

Deaderick dressed. Wright dressed. Pryor dressed. Not a good sign when your team doesn't put you in uniform for the game.

Not sure about that ... knowing Bill there is a method to the madness here.

Not sure about that ... knowing Bill there is a method to the madness here.

No madness....simply a 2nd round pick who has made zero progress in year 2....the guy who used to start at nt is now a de, and the nt is some other guy and you can't even dress.....

We wouldn't want to you think that Brace was a bust or something. After all, Love was active.

Oh....ok I just wanted to be sure tat he wasn't some kind of bust or something being a 2nd round pick and all

The last time I recall a healthy scratch being proved to have been no negative commentary on a guy's practice or play it was when Kevin Faulk didn't dress for the first game of the season after portraying Kordell Stewart on the scout team.

That was a long time ago ...

For all defenders of Brace, what has Love shown you that would explain his being active over a healthy Brace?

For all defenders of Brace, what has Love shown you that would explain his being active over a healthy Brace?

Love inactive, according to Patsnutme's thread titled inactive.

DL Ron Brace
OL Mark LeVoir
DL Kyle Love
OL Rich Ohrnberger
WR Taylor Price
CB Terrence Wheatley
S Jarrad Page
RB Fred Taylor

I thought Brace showed some real promise in his first few games but apparently not. Then again, Deaderick has played extremely well for a rookie. The draft gurus on the board were talking about him as a steal, and they were right on.

I don't know, guys......he's a 2nd round pick.

He should at least be active.

As for the fault comparison.......meh

I was wrong. Both Love and Brace were inactive. For me, that puts a bit different spin on things. All Belichick thought we needed was three starters, Pryor and Wright.

I think it reasonable to have only 5 defensive linemen active. Brace is our #6.

Brace was drafted against the possibility that Wilfork wouldn't re-sign. He has DEVELOPED to be a backup DE. Deaderick has passed him in that role.

It is somewhat surprising that Brace cannot show himself to be more valuable than Pryor.

I was wrong. Both Love and Brace were inactive. For me, that puts a bit different spin on things. All Belichick thought we needed was three starters, Pryor and Wright.

I think it reasonable to have only 5 defensive linemen active. Brace is our #6.

Brace was drafted against the possibility that Wilfork wouldn't re-sign. He has DEVELOPED to be a backup DE. Deaderick has passed him in that role.

It is somewhat surprising that Brace cannot show himself to be more valuable than Pryor.

Pryor is more of a pass rusher; Brace is more of massive immovable (both directions) object. Brace might be useful against teams that heavily depend on the run.

Pryor is more of a pass rusher; Brace is more of massive immovable (both directions) object. Brace might be useful against teams that heavily depend on the run.

I'd love to see Brace become that back-up NT that we drafted him to be, and we could move Vince out to end at times. But I'm just not sure what to make of the healthy scratch news. He looked good in the pre-season and the first week, didn't see anything that would make him suddenly inactive, so I have to assume Deaderick has grown by leaps and bounds the past few weeks.

I don't read to much into it......If he continues to be a healthy inactive for game after game...then I'd worry.

Injuries will dictate who gets activated and who doesn't. Love and Brace both are down on depth chart. Some players take more time to acclimate to NFL than others. Brace had trouble assimilating the playbook as a rookie. Hopefully he's not another Chad Jackson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back