PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

boycott thread -- lil help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, could you maybe do me a little favor?

Could you start a thread on the Boston.com patriots forum and just copy/paste that stuff I have between the lines ------ ?

I can't paste stuff there from my phone :(
I would appreciate it

Do you have a computer of your own you can use?

A waste of time. You wanna hurt em' ?, stop watching football. And stop buying Jerseys, hats...etc. Meanwhile enjoy your Fritos with a nice cold Bud light . Cuz everyone else will.

Like I say, I'm not really worried what everyone else does, and I'm sure they'll be watching football and buying gear.

This isn't a waste of my time because I enjoy doing it.
How hard is it really to switch brands?

Like I say, I'm not really worried what everyone else does, and I'm sure they'll be watching football and buying gear.

This isn't a waste of my time because I enjoy doing it.
How hard is it really to switch brands?
Personally, I don't eat any of that anyway. But, I wont give up my nice cold bud light after work. Tried them all. That one works. As a matter of fact, this is making me thirsty. :p

Not right now I don't

Sorry. I'm not sure when I'd get around to it. You might be better off asking someone else, or waiting till you get access to a computer.

You seemed pretty enthusiastic about it a couple days ago

You seemed pretty enthusiastic about it a couple days ago

And I still am....I just don't agree with the timing or the means. If I felt it would be effective, I would jump on it in a heartbeat. But as it stands right now, I'm fully consumed with enlisting others to sign our petition and hopefully promote awareness on social media.

There's a lot I would need to consider before attempting a boycott...and I just don't feel prepared or even available at this time. Sorry dude!

This Independence Day weekend, think about who it is you really support.

The following are in twitter format so I can copy them over there -- probably one each day.

And please don't read this as some pushy boycott activist thing -- I just want to do my job and put the info out there.

Who everybody gives their money to is their own business.

@anheuserbusch (bud, rolling rock, michelob) supports @nfl, DO YOU?
#freebrady this independence day with Sam Adams, micros

@pepsi (mt dew, aquafina, amp) supports @nfl, DO YOU?
#freebrady this independence day with Dr Pep, RC, crush, 7up, storebrand

@fritolay (doritos, tostitos, lay's, etc) supports @nfl, DO YOU?
#freebrady this independence day with..idk, Pringles, veggies?

@gatorade (propel) supports @nfl -- DO YOU?
#freebrady this independence day with POWERADE !!

@dannon (oikos) supports @nfl -- DO YOU?
#freebrady this independence day with chobani, ***e, yoplait, stonyfield !!

@papajohns supports @nfl -- DO YOU?
#freebrady this independence day with papa gino's, domino's, or your local pizza joint !!

@mcdonalds supports @nfl -- DO YOU?
#freebrady this independence day with anything else.....I mean, really, anything.....

---_-----------------------------

Edit: filled in twitter messages + a couple forums.

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2

http://sonsofsamhorn.net/forum/54-blinded-by-the-lombardis-patriots-forum/

https://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/100/1390

I admire your Passion, but I am skeptical of the Premise. I have 2 Serious Questions:

01 ~ How do you define "Support" in these cases?

02 ~ Has any Boycott of anything ever worked?

Seems to me that simply buying Advertising from the NFL does not amount to "supporting" their contemptible treatment of the Patriots. If I were to boycott every Corporation and Organization that perpetrates contemptible behavior, I'd probably starve to death.

Following the shoe or the gourd isn't really productive

216.gif

It's the sedentary lifestyle that is causing obesity. Deal with THAT and the other issues take care of themselves.

Exactly. It's not Technology that makes people lazy, though. I'm sure that your Parents complained about how much more active they were in their Youth that your Generation was, as well: Technology has been improving LifeStyles by allowing us to do more with less Effort since the Invention of the Wheel.

The Option to Exercise is always there, regardless of Temptations.

I admire your Passion, but I am skeptical of the Premise. I have 2 Serious Questions:

01 ~ How do you define "Support" in these cases?

02 ~ Has any Boycott of anything ever worked?

I know 100% it will work.
I don't want to support the NFL, so I'll stop doing it.
It just worked.

Like I said in the op, what everyone else does with their Money is their own business.

You guys sound like that one guy on the street who refuses to use the recycle bin because 'everybody else' won't do it

You guys sound like that one guy on the street who refuses to use the recycle bin because 'everybody else' won't do it

Wrong.

What we sound like are a crowd of bemused Spectators offering helpful Advice and Constructive Criticism to a Lonely Clown make an @$$ out'f'mself and then bleating when we don't join'm. :)

You know: There might be a reason that "Don Quixote" starts off sounding like "Donkey". ;)

Little stress on the community and pats fans turn on each other pretty quick.

Well, as I said, it's not so much WHAT you eat, as it is remaining active. As an example, most of the time when I hit up the Golden Arches, I buy a large black coffee, a side salad with ranch dressing, and a 4-piece order of their chicken nuggets. I cut them up and put them on the sald. Total cost to me is around $3. Filling meal and then I walk across the parking lot and do some mall-walking when the weather is bad, or outdoors when it's nice. I also have free weights and yoga to help out.

Thing is, as much as people complain about kids being obese, it also comes back to a lack of exercise. When I was in school, we ate as much, if not more, "junk" food as kids today. We ate ice cream made with whole milk, drank whole milk, bought sodas and popcorn and candy bars, etc. BUT, we were outside every day. We rode our bikes or walked where we needed to go. We played little league, and Pee Wee football, basketball on Tuesday and Thursday nights, went swimming etc. Why? because we didn't have computers, video games, cable TV, iPads, iPhones, etc. We weren't iDiots. :)

Kids today have had PE and recess cut back to almost nothing. They aren't forced to play outside or get off their butts and DO something.
But I digress.

McDonalds isn't the problem. Never has been. It's the sedentary lifestyle that is causing obesity. Deal with THAT and the other issues take care of themselves.

Respects,

Most folks assume that a chicken nugget is just a piece of fried chicken, right? Wrong! Did you know, for example, that a McDonald's Chicken McNugget is 56% corn?
According to the handout, McNuggets also contain several completely synthetic ingredients, quasiedible substances that ultimately come not from a corn or soybean field but form a petroleum refinery or chemical plant. These chemicals are what make modern processed food possible, by keeping the organic materials in them from going bad or looking strange after months in the freezer or on the road. Listed first are the "leavening agents": sodium aluminum phosphate, mono-calcium phosphate, sodium acid pyrophosphate, and calcium lactate. These are antioxidants added to keep the various animal and vegetable fats involved in a nugget from turning rancid. Then there are "anti-foaming agents" like dimethylpolysiloxene, added to the cooking oil to keep the starches from binding to air molecules, so as to produce foam during the fry. The problem is evidently grave enough to warrant adding a toxic chemical to the food: According to the Handbook of Food Additives, dimethylpolysiloxene is a suspected carcinogen and an established mutagen, tumorigen, and reproductive effector; it's also flammable.But perhaps the most alarming ingredient in a Chicken McNugget is tertiary butylhydroquinone, or TBHQ, an antioxidant derived from petroleum that is either sprayed directly on the nugget or the inside of the box it comes in to "help preserve freshness." According to A Consumer's Dictionary of Food Additives, TBHQ is a form of butane (i.e. lighter fluid) the FDA allows processors to use sparingly in our food: It can comprise no more than 0.02 percent of the oil in a nugget. Which is probably just as well, considering that ingesting a single gram of TBHQ can cause "nausea, vomiting, ringing in the ears, delirium, a sense of suffocation, and collapse." Ingesting five grams of TBHQ can kill."

If anyone wants a new Brady jersey and they don't want the NFL* to get paid then why not get his Michigan #10? I plan on wearing it to all the Pats games. It supports Brady and makes the statement that the NFL* isn't getting my jersey money.

That's a p cool idea

Unless you have a link to that, I assume it's just another hit piece by the anti-McDonald's mafia. In fact, judging from the text, it's probably a bought & Paid for study in the same vein as the Wells Report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes