PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Boycot Pats Tickets on Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the dude that started this thread actually is bidding on EBAY and he wants to keep the prices low.

Actually alot of colts season tix holders did this for last years afccg. And when the news people were asking some why they would sell there tix they replied well i can get enough money to pay for next years season tix. So maybe that is why some pats fans are selling can't really blame them in that situation. What would honestly be the smarter move sell 2 tix and pay for a whole seasons or go to one game and have to come up with big cash for the season later.

There is a very easy way for a franchise to deal with the problem of scalping by season ticket holders. Instead of 16 paper tickets per seat, issue a single plastic card similar to a credit card. It would be imprinted with the section row seat information as well as the ticket holders name (individual or company name). Disney World does this every day for their multi-day passes.

If there is no individual game physical ticket to sell, it becomes very difficult for the season ticket holder to make money by allowing a stranger to use it. This setup would achieve the objective of making it logistically difficult to sell the seat while preserving the ability for legitimate fans to lend the card to friends or family members for games they can't attend.

In terms of cost .... a single plastic card would cost the same or less than printing 16 individual paper tickets. Tickets are already scanned for fraud prevention - a plastic card could use this same electronic validation system. In the case of a lost or stolen card, the card can be invalidated electronically, and a new one picked up on gameday by the ticket holder showing valid id.

It won't solve the entire problem ... but it will take a huge bite out of the professional scalpers business.

R

Last edited:
great idea! and it would work.

The only downside to this scheme would be with the corporate holders, who often comp tickets to customers / clients. These seats could be exceptions - but then the Patriots would have to be in the business of determining who legitimate corporate holder and who was a scalper masquerading as a corporation.

Perhaps difficult, but not impossible either.

R

I guess eBay should have stopped sellers from selling Nintendo Wiis during Chrsitmas since they were selling for twice the retail value - stupid thread IMO :rolleyes:

I guess eBay should have stopped sellers from selling Nintendo Wiis during Chrsitmas since they were selling for twice the retail value - stupid thread IMO :rolleyes:

I agree. Bunch of crybabies. I have had season tickets since the early ninties.Back then no one gave a crap about the pats.

This thread is dumb

I'm no big fan of scalpers but it is kinda funny how people get indignant when capitalism is applied to sports tickets. I mean its all around us, but we expect this one corner of the world to be exempt. I know the NFL owners are semi communist with each other but they sure aren't with the fans. They rape us for as much as they can.

Its a business, BB should have taught you that better than anyone.

There is a very easy way for a franchise to deal with the problem of scalping by season ticket holders. Instead of 16 paper tickets per seat, issue a single plastic card similar to a credit card. It would be imprinted with the section row seat information as well as the ticket holders name (individual or company name). Disney World does this every day for their multi-day passes.

If there is no individual game physical ticket to sell, it becomes very difficult for the season ticket holder to make money by allowing a stranger to use it. This setup would achieve the objective of making it logistically difficult to sell the seat while preserving the ability for legitimate fans to lend the card to friends or family members for games they can't attend.

In terms of cost .... a single plastic card would cost the same or less than printing 16 individual paper tickets. Tickets are already scanned for fraud prevention - a plastic card could use this same electronic validation system. In the case of a lost or stolen card, the card can be invalidated electronically, and a new one picked up on gameday by the ticket holder showing valid id.

It won't solve the entire problem ... but it will take a huge bite out of the professional scalpers business.

R

Excellent idea! Email it to the kraft's or get a patent on using that technology for ticketing. Would definately help the problem!

Did it ever occur to anyone that the NFL only pays lipservice to the evils of scalping? If there were no scalpers or money to be made how many teams would waiting lists for their season tickets?

I bought my AFCCG ticket off of eBay. I saw the Bears game last year via eBay and the Steelers AFCCG in 05 from eBay.

One thing I don't have is access to Pats tickets. I live a 800 miles away. One thing I do have is money and the willingness to part with it for Pats tickets. It may suck for some of you, but for fans like me, that's how I'm gonna see the game. I bought a ticket for $450. I hope the game happens, because I love my team and want to go see them play.

I understand that ideally we want season tickets in the hands of fans that will use them. We don't want them sold to scalpers. But, when your only realistic ticket into a big game is by paying for it via scalpers, it's all good. I value the hell out of that ticket I got. Should we be fortunate enough to have a game on the 20th, I'll be there jumping, screaming and supporting the squad. For some fans, that's the only way to go.

Its the old chicken and the egg. Are there no tickets available because there is artificial demand created by scalpers looking to make a profit or are scalpers the only way to get tickets because demand is so high?

Or maybe both?

Its the old chicken and the egg. Are there no tickets available because there is artificial demand created by scalpers looking to make a profit or are scalpers the only way to get tickets because demand is so high?

Or maybe both?

Well, I can tell you that it's probably the latter. Michigan games are always sold out. $500 will get you in the Ohio State game outside the gates. $5 will get you in the Eastern Michigan game.

Big games mean higher prices because of the demand.

Well, I can tell you that it's probably the latter. Michigan games are always sold out. $500 will get you in the Ohio State game outside the gates. $5 will get you in the Eastern Michigan game.

Big games mean higher prices because of the demand.

LSU or the team coached by the sweater vest ? :confused:

that is a seriously tough question, it could go either way but i'd but my money on LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back