Welcome to PatsFans.com

Boy King set to break vacation record

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Aug 10, 2007.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Bush set to beat Reagan’s vacation record.

Yesterday, President Bush took off for his vacation home in Crawford, TX, where he has already “spent all or part of 418 days of his presidency.” With 17 months left in office, Bush is on course to beat “the presidential vacation-time record holder,” the late Ronald Reagan, “who tallied 436 days in his two terms.” Bush’s vacation will mark the 65th time he has visited Crawford as President.

the crisis of our time, and no one is working this month... that's rich...

Even so, this year's August vacation for Bush is a contrast to previous years such as 2005, when he dragged out vacation in Texas to five weeks. That was also the year Bush remained on vacation immediately after Hurricane Katrina hit.

Vice President Dick Cheney generally takes August off, often heading to Wyoming or coastal Maryland. Congress left last weekend and is gone until Sept. 4. The Iraqi parliament is taking August off, too.

Still, all this governmental time off is more than most Americans are taking. A recent survey by Yahoo Hot Jobs found nearly half of American workers did not take all of their vacation days last year.​

2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

Bush is on course to beat “the presidential vacation-time record holder,” the late Ronald Reagan, “who tallied 436 days in his two terms. But Reagon prbabley didn't realize he was on vaction at the end.

3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I'm often reminded of that woman who told the President that she worsk THREE jobs.

he smiled and said "Wow....thats something uniquely American"

What an a$$holio!!!

4. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +130 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

im sure you know there is a Bushisms thread here. There are so many,and he still has 17 months to go,a book could be compiled of all his dumbazz verbal missteps. He talks about as good as I spell.

5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

i find it unconscionable that a leader of this nation could be away from the Beltway that many days during the "great crisis of our time"...

now, if he would just do as Bill Maher suggests and (paraphrasing) "stay on your little ranch for the rest of your term... as far as the country goes, until your term ends, do us all a favor: just don't touch anything."

6. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +130 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

OR PRESS ANY BUTTONS,ESPECIALY IF THERE RED.

7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

The thing is, when Bush is on vacation, no one in the government realizes he's on vacation.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2007
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +367 / 11 / -27

IMO he is on vacation, Congress is on vacation, the Iraqi Parliament is on vacation.. our kids with boots on the ground, wonder if they would like a month off?? Bunch of freaking hippocrites, tells much about how much they want to resolve this.. have a good time riding your tractor and mtn. bike George.. keep playing, while our kids are in harms way.

What a difference it would make if one of the branches, instead of vacationing, said we are going to stay in session until our boys and girls come home.

9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

Ha, Ha, Ha
    Everytime this guy runs against a democrat he wins

Ho Ho Ho Haw Haw

:singing: :singing: :singing:

"Mommy"
    "Yes dear"
    "How come a stupid stuttering moron always beats up the democrats"
    "Shhhhhh, we don't want Mr Gore and Mr Kerry hear you say that"
    "OK Mom, they're a$s holes, right Mom'"
    "Yes dear"

10. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

With Bush its hard to say he's on vacation since he brings a large planeload of underlings with him and most likely they've made 'improvements' to the ranch allowing him to run a fair-sized war from what used to be the rumpus room. Its not his job to make Widgets, but to make decisions. As long as he has a phone he can do that. As to costs, I'm sure its more expensive; but likely a drop in the bucket.

With Congress I feel pretty much the same. Debate is only one part of what they do and that's the only thing that requires them to be in the same room. They need to be with the constituency to learn what they want. Besides how do we know there isn't some super-secret Congressional debate forum hidden somewheres on the web? Maybe Ted Kennedy and Ted Stevens are locked in mortal combat on this messageboard even as we speak:D ?

One thing with Congress, perhaps they shouldn't call it recess? Recess is what little kids do.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2007
  11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

Recess For Congress:
    Uncle Teddy Drives His Mothers Old "Rosemobile" Up And Down The Sidewalks Of Hyannis Naked And All The Democrat Kennedy Worshipers Start Crying And Screaming "We Love You Teddy"

Auntie Pelosi Sits Under Her Grapevine With A Hand Mirror And Smiles At Herself.

Harry Reid Goes Down Into His Cellar And Plays With Himself.

Jefferson Thaws Out His Money And Counts It Then He Wipes The Chicken Fat Off It.

Sen Robert Byrd sits under his Magnolia bush drooling and wearing KKK robes and a hood, as soon as it gets dark his wife Burns a Cross they both start crying and talking about "the good old days"
    Oh I wish I Was In De Land Ob Cotton
    Old Times Dere Day Ain't Forgotten

Chucky Schumer is also looking in the mirror practicing his "smile"

The President Of The United States is out in his fathers speed boat waving at all the Lobster Boats, GRINNING.

The Boob Gore Mansion:
    Ding Ding Ding Ding
    "Hello"
    "Hi this is John Fonda Kerry, is Al home"
    "one moment I'll call him, Mr Real President, it's for you"
    "Hello, this is the Real President speaking"
    "Al, this the other Real President, I had to call you Al, I just saw the Chimp in his fathers boat grinning, can you believe this f-cking Stupid Moron beat us both"
    "Sob, Sob, wahhh, I have to go John Fonda, the Oil Man is here"
    :bricks: