Welcome to PatsFans.com

Boy King rushing to enact labor rule Obama opposes

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Dec 15, 2008.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

typical...

Bush Aides Rush to Enact a Rule Obama Opposes

By ROBERT PEAR
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/30/w...bl&ex=1228280400&en=2450f6cf5c5bac73&ei=5087

WASHINGTON — The Labor Department is racing to complete a new rule, strenuously opposed by President-elect Barack Obama, that would make it much harder for the government to regulate toxic substances and hazardous chemicals to which workers are exposed on the job.

The rule, which has strong support from business groups, says that in assessing the risk from a particular substance, federal agencies should gather and analyze “industry-by-industry evidence” of employees’ exposure to it during their working lives. The proposal would, in many cases, add a step to the lengthy process of developing standards to protect workers’ health.

Public health officials and labor unions said the rule would delay needed protections for workers, resulting in additional deaths and illnesses.

With the economy tumbling and American troops fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan, President Bush has promised to cooperate with Mr. Obama to make the transition “as smooth as possible.” But that has not stopped his administration from trying, in its final days, to cement in place a diverse array of new regulations.

The Labor Department proposal is one of about 20 highly contentious rules the Bush administration is planning to issue in its final weeks. The rules deal with issues as diverse as abortion, auto safety and the environment.
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

You can't expect GW Bush to kiss the Great Messiah's a$s the way Mush Mouth Chris Matthews, The Kennedy's and the Hollywood Racist's do, can you.

Press Cover won't answer me and call me a moron because he has me blocked again.

Press Cover, go look out your window, do you see anything strange out there...........:singing::singing:
  3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +152 / 1 / -10

The country would have been better off had the shoes that were thrown at him been on target and filled with deadly explosives.

Wouldn't you agree Harry?
  4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Once again, Harry, in his anti-minority haze, misses the point.

This is about labor protections, and your hero's disdain for them. Not about Obama. At what point, in your 80-plus years, do you ever get it?
  5. Born_a_Patriot

Born_a_Patriot PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

That is a terrible thing to say.
  6. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Yup I read that almost all his last-minute bills have to do with easing up on environmental laws, but I guess thanks to this we not only create more sick people but now we can also deny their claims to the very people that made them sick in the first place.

Not to mention the secondary damage to the environment, something which if preserved, would sustain us for a long,long time to come. He should be impeached before he does any furthur damage :mad:
  7. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

This is more of a political thing than a permanent law thing. Obama will undo what he sees fit to undo and then the Republicans will try to use that undoing to hurt him and the Democrats politically in 2010.
  8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

who was it here who kept insisting "I don't think Bush is evil... just dumb"... ?

whatever...
  9. elway7

elway7 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Nice PR! :banned: