Welcome to PatsFans.com

Boy King: I veto bills to "ensure that I'm relevant."

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Oct 17, 2007.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

yup, he actually said it... what a laughable "leader" we're stuck with...

Bush: I veto bills to ‘ensure that I am relevant.’

Today in his press conference, President Bush attempted to justify his recent veto of an SCHIP expansion by explaining that he needs to issue vetoes in order to prove to people that he’s still the Decider:

That’s why the president has a veto. Sometimes the legislative branch wants to go on without the president, pass pieces of legislation, and the president can then use the veto to make sure he’s a part of the process. And that’s what I fully intend to do. I’m going to make sure. And that’s why when I tell you I’m going to sprint to the finish, and finish this job strong, that’s one way to ensure that I am relevant. That’s one way to ensure that I’m in the process. And I intend to use the veto.​
    Watch it:

Bush has issued four vetoes during his presidency, twice blocking stem cell research, withdrawal from Iraq, and now SCHIP.
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  2. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So Bush says that he will not go quietly into lame-duck status as we approach his final year in office, and that annoys you..? Good.
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

not going quietly by vetoing healhcare for children, stem cell research and ending the war that he started based on lies.....yeah fuking BRILLIANT.

its pretty obvious what this man stands for.

1. Death
    2. Secrecy
    3. Expansion of executive powers
    4. Fear
    5. Expansion of the weathiest's bank accounts
    6. Cronies

If you are on the side of not giving heathcare to children, you are straight up EVIL. If you claim that people will "Abuse the system" and you support the Iraq war and its billions in lost dollars, you are a contradiction. If you can't see that, I can't help you.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +362 / 1 / -9

Ladies And Gentlemen
    The President Of The United States
    George W Bush
    La Da Dee Da Da Dee Dee Dee Dee (Hail To The Chief)
  5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

one thing i've learned in dealing with 24 percenters... at this point, really no one can help them...

just let them stew, but never EVER back down...
  6. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah... that's what we need... socialized medicine and basically a medicare program for children. Because the government is so efficient and does everything so well..!! :rolleyes:
  7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

yeah because 47 million unisured americans makes tons of sense too. When any of these 47 million people go to the emergency room...you must think that the hospital does the work for free and there is no way that you, me or any other tax payer already pays for it!...are you freaking kidding me?

yeah......the police department, fire department, and Military are all run poorly. You must really hatet he troops if you think that. You must hate the Police, and the fire departments.

Lets look at the postal service...
    It never works, Infact I rarely get mail at all. This particular service is THAT bad. I wish that there were some kind of a private mail service that I could pay a little extra to to make sure that my packages got to where they were going faster than the USPS.

:rolleyes:
  8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

thus, the proverbial "woodshed" i mentioned in another thread...

here comes stage 4 and 5, as provided by our favorite Light Sabre guy...
  9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

So how do you feel about illegals then? They use our hospitals for free. Why don't we enforce the law, and kick their arses out, and use the money saved to help save the children? If we actually enforced the laws and sealed the border, there'd be plenty of money in our bloated budget to help people in need.
  10. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That's one of the points..!! Congratulations on stumbling onto it bass-ackwards..!! Children in this country already have medical care and if it is an emergency, they will get treated in any hospital in the country..!!

This is an attempt to move our country closer and closer to socialized medicine, pure and simple. Health care for "children" up to age 25 and in families making up to $83,000. But I suppose it's a great idea if you like waiting 8-12 months for emergency services....
    Now you're just bringing in the strawman arguments, a sure sign of how pathetic your main contention is.
  11. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

------------------------------------------------------
    how do I feel about "illegals"?

I'll take my answer in the form of a movie quote:

"STOP BREAKING THE LAW..A$$H0LE!"

-Jim Carrey Liar-Liar
    -------------------------------------------------------

Oh, you mean illegal IMMAGRANTS.......OH....

If the government ran healthcare, it could help round up illegal immagrants. If you are an Illegal Immagrant, and you go to the ER, we would help you get better, get you on a bus or plane and send you home with a bill for reimbursment for the hospital care, travel, and food. After all, this is OUR plan, not an illegal immagrants plan.

If they want a part of it, then try and become an American, and pay into it like the rest of us.
  12. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well that isn't happening right now, so why would anybody be foolhardy enough to believe it would happen if SCHIP was passed..?
  13. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

dude....

I hope you never lose your job, and have to go without insurance. I hope you never have a 'bad-year', or stumble upon hard times. I hope your life goes well. I hope you are not like 50% of californians who have filed for bankruptcy because of medical bills. I hope all of your children, or grandchildren never need emergency medical procedures, and extended hospital stays, or ultra expensive medicine, or years of rehabilitation form a crippling accident during one of these fictional downtimes in your always good life. I hope you never need to ask a neighbor for help.
  14. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

The question really wasn't about SCHIP(insert wolf howling at the moon, mixed with a witch's laughter) , but more about Universal care, and (insert scary ghost sounds "wooooooooo-ooooooo") SOCIALIZED MEDICINE

I believe that if the Government was keeping the books on this that the'd be going after their money, check the IRS.
  15. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, I am smart enough to have prepared for those eventualities, and some of them have hit me already in life and I perservered without having to rely on taxpayers.

I have health care insurance. I pay through the nose for it. I am not constantly on the lookout for handouts from my neighbors. Programs like this only serve to encourage people to further rely on the government - which is exactly what the moonbats want.
  16. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree... which is what I've been saying all along... Socialized medicine would be a disaster here. I like the fact that if I need emergency heart surgery I get it tomorrow, not 10 months from now.

95% of America's health care problems would be solved if we:

1) Denied free care for illegals, and
    2) Enacted serious tort reform

I know you moonbats hate to hear the truth, but there ya have it.
  17. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

summing up in one obnoxious sentence why you're largely loathed here, and none of your political allies come to your aid...

1) you group the left all together; 2) you have an obnoxious name for them; 3) you make an assanine assessment, and declare it "truth"...

get over yourself, if at all possible...
  18. Real World

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

What planet do you live on? Don't you know that no one is denied emergency medical treatment in this country? MY barber had emergency quad bypass surgery last year, and didn't have insurance. When he called for some assistence on his $115k bill, they told him to sell his house. Meanwhile, the focking Jani's I got living in a subsidized unit paying $28 rent, get free MAss Health, and a check from SS. Their contribution to the US of A? Not a single second of work, nor a single penny of taxes paid into the system. They came here elderly, and are living the life on the money that you, me, and my "Sell your house" barber paid in. I know though, I'm supposed to give more to pay for these focking people. Plus, have you asked yourself why so many in Kalifornia have to go bankrupt because of medical bills? Hmmm...well jeeze, how about because Kalifornia is one of the most expensive states to do business in for starters, and also because ILLEGALS have detroyed that states medical system. I know though, no one wants to talk about that. They only want to Save the Children!
  19. Real World

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

Holy, you really can't be that naive can you be? We don't let cops report illegal aliens after they've been arrested, and you think the hospitals are going to report illegals, after treating them, so as to have them deported, and then send them a bill for reimbursement? :eat2: :rofl: :eat3:

Everybody drink!
  20. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

PC.. you're getting awfully close to going back into the KF... I don't mind a good argument, but you are incapable of such. You present absolutely nothing but lies and venom.

Just sprinkle in some intelligence - if you are capable of such - with your hateful attacks against anyone who dares disagree with you.

And, of course, the ultra-liberal, effete moderator does absolutely nothing about it when you violate the rules he is supposed to enforce. He only censors and bans conservatives.