Welcome to PatsFans.com

Boy King baffled by lack of resources in hunt for OBL

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Aug 27, 2007.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

gosh George... you went to Yale, right?

Bush shocked by few resources dedicated to bin Laden.

In this week’s Newsweek, reporter Evan Thomas provides an update on the hunt for bin Laden. Thomas writes that during a 2005 CIA briefing at the White House, Bush was shocked to learn that the Iraq war had so strapped the agency’s ability to focus on the man responsible for 9/11:

The Iraq War, meanwhile, has proved to be a black hole for the Americans, devouring men and matériel and absorbing the attention of the brass in Washington. In 2005, the CIA gave President Bush a secret slide show on the hunt for bin Laden. The president was taken aback by the small number of CIA case officers posted to Afghanistan and Pakistan. “Is that all there are?” the president asked, according to a former intelligence official, who declined to be identified discussing White House meetings. The CIA had already embarked on a “surge” of sorts, and doubled the number of officers in the field. But many were inexperienced and raw recruits, and they produced little improvement in “actionable” intelligence.​

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2007
  2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Who cares where Bin Ladin is? C'mon! We're fighting a war against terrorists! We can't use all of our resources getting after the worst terrorist America has ever witnessed. After all, what'd he do besides kill 3000 Americans. Don't you realize he's a Saudi, and they're our friends!. If that doesn't explain why Bin Ladin is not important, well...I don't know what will.
  3. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I've forgotten, does he want him dead or alive or does he care where he is.
  4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

meanwhile, there's an obvious reason we have barely any operatives on the ground in Pakistan anymore... that nation hates us for 1) our occupation of a muslim nation; and 2) our profoundly disproportionate favoritism towards India.... more genius, "far-sighted" foreign policy by the worst administration of our lifetimes....
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

Often our commander in chief, does not act or look very commander in chiefish.. there will be those who say that he does not have to know the details, but he probably should in this case. I would think that he would be briefed on this daily.. but, then again who knows any more.
  6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Not only should he be briefed every day but he should be waking up every morning wondering if OBL was killed last night.
  7. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

absolutely 100% correct, and i've served up this question for discussion from day 1....

can anyone honestly explain to me how it is that our Commander in Chief is "shocked" in any way shape or form regarding the logistics of chasing the central symbol in the war on terror? how this man has the ordacity to ignore the complexities of this campaign, to the point of being surprised by troop and CIA strength?...

but then, who's surprised with George's lack concern with catching/killing bin Laden?... after all, this is a man who got defensive, and uttered this bit of 'offensive' rhetoric...

yet who also said this:
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2007
  8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +520 / 6 / -2

HA! You want to invade them don't you? So wtf do you care if their pissed at us? What does that matter if you were, and are, willing to put your boots on their ground?
  9. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

we've been over this before... you either don't remember, or don't care to acknowledge, what i said regarding the matter... what i never said, and what you continue to assert, is that i want to invade that country...

despite what the Bush League believes, and those who worship it, you don't have to invade the entirety of a sovereign nation in order to topple a ruler, or a fanatic sheik holed up in the mountains ...
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2007