Welcome to PatsFans.com

Boy 10 - Gets 7 Years for Killing Neo Nazi Father

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Oct 31, 2013.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +477 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Joseph Hall, who shot dead neo-Nazi father at age 10 is sentenced to 7 years in prison | Mail Online

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +477 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Do you think the sentence was proper or did he deserve a residential treatment center. The boy had behavioral issues and learning disabilities and was brainwashed and physically abused by his father.

Here's another link for some balance.
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

"Born to the Breed"(song by Judy Collins) is an immediate reaction...

Early on was involved in many efforts to try to find facilities to rehabilitate kids with similar profiles, the state spent millions up on millions, not sure the outcome was ever positive.. it may have helped, but the cure is evasive if existent at all.

Not sure what you can do with a kid such as this, somewhat surprised that a 10 year old is actually convicted, saw my granddaughter yesterday and she is 10 it is difficult to comprehend that a child this age could do this first of all, and then be held to this level of responsibility....

It is almost as though you have to completely rewire the brain.. no one has figured out how to do that... but going the mental health route is preferable to the juvenile justice route. Young kids get eaten up in those systems..
  4. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +152 / 1 / -10

Tough question to answer IP. I will say I'm glad he's locked for a while since he's obviously very dangerous to society. So they have 6 years or so to find a way to eliminate that threat.

In my opinion, I don't think we view him as a child, we need to view him as a very dangerous threat to society based upon his history.
  5. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +115 / 7 / -10

Sounds like a gang banger who grew up in an abusive home, not sure if people like that can be cured? Certainly give the kids history he is a danger to others?

What if he is a sociopath in the making?
  6. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

I'm sure people like that can be cured. For many of them, they are pawns of the culture they are raised into, but they do feel remorse and shame. For those I'm talking about, the problem is when they were young they had little awareness of healthier problem solving methods; the only problem solving method they learned was violence and the only safety they knew came from the gang. Of course, if this boy had no remorse, then he may be a sociopath, which is a whole other story. Given what he's been through and what he's done, the sentence seems fair provided that he get rehabilitation, which is probably more likely in a liberal state like CA.
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

Harry Likes This

5 Stars