PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Boxing?

Scouse Patriot

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I'd imagine theres an interest here so who are we liking? Fighters? Division?

Naturaly being a Brit I like Hatton, Calzaghe but being a fan of boxing you love watching quality fighters so theres quite a few from around the world I admire, including pretty boy. Be interesting to see how Haye does in the pathetic heavyweight division, I haven't took to him yet but the man can bang.

Paulie Malignaggi v Hatton?

Love me some sweet science. Can't really say im a HUGE fan of any one particular fighter. I enjoy watching a lot of different fighters, but usually choose who to root for when the match is made.

The HW devision is garbage. Worst it has ever been and to be honest, I don't ever see it getting any better. The sport isn't attractive enough for top athletes of that weight class. They choose instead to go into football or other sports (who could blame them?).

It's a shame really, especially when you think of all the greats that have fought in that division. I think welter or middle is the place to be right now isn't it although some of those little dudes can scrap, down in bantamweight and other smaller classes.

I was impressed with Timothy Bradley when he came over to beat Junior Witter.

I stayed up to watch Pavlik's fight last night against Lockett and I wish I hadn't. Lockett was so far out of his depth it was unreal. I wasn't expecting an upset but I didn't think Lockett would be that bad. Bad actualy is a understatement, Lockett was f'kin terrible.

For anyone still interested in this thread (which looks unlikely) Hatton has hired Floyd Mayweather sr. as his coach. Good move IMO and Hatton could certainly use to tips on defence, something Mayweather is a master at.

This is like when Rocky hired Appolo's team in Rocky III. :D

Oscar vs. Pacm-Man. Thoughts? No way Oscar can lose this fight...right?

Yeah :D Just shows the respect is there. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they work on.

DLH and Manny is almost David v Goliath, but weight could be an issue for Oscar, even if he makes weight how much might it take out of him? I read pacmans trainer won't let it happen if Oscar comes in above 147. I haven't seen anyone give Manny a chance so I'm gonna go with the under dog and say Pacman, I mean, somebody has to be in his corner :D I like DLH though, classy guy.

Well, Hatton and the "magic man" is almost here. She be a good fight if Mailignaggi's hands hold up, he's proved he can saty in the ring with a banger and give as good as he gets and then some. Obviously I'm rooting for Hatton, looking to see the little changes working with Mayweather might have brought.

Boxing is history......UFC rocks.....:D

Malignaggi is history. That boy got beat down and beat down good. That was the kind of performance I was hoping for against Mayweather. Hatton never let him breathe, rattled him and Paulie was holding like his life depended on it.

Yeah :D Just shows the respect is there. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they work on.

DLH and Manny is almost David v Goliath, but weight could be an issue for Oscar, even if he makes weight how much might it take out of him? I read pacmans trainer won't let it happen if Oscar comes in above 147. I haven't seen anyone give Manny a chance so I'm gonna go with the under dog and say Pacman, I mean, somebody has to be in his corner :D I like DLH though, classy guy.

I should have put money on it. Pacman destroyed him, infact, destroyed is an understatement.

Hatton and Pacquiao would be an absolute war.

It might have been a war had Hatton not lost his head again. Pacquiao is awesome though, the sweet acuracy of his punches and that was a quality KO. It's weird, in England pundits and boxing fans actualy thought Manny would win as opposed to the Mayweather fight were some thought if Hatton could rough him up he could win. Hatton really should learn to calm down though, walking onto punches is something he's always done but he now knows more than ever against the best fighters you'll be severely punished. It's frustrating as we know Hatton has pure talent and the ability to put on a far better show, still, he has nobody to blame but himself.

It's unfair for people to call for him to retire though, he's only 30 and will not want his last memory in the ring being floored by Manny Pacquiao. Don't insult the man, if he decides to make that decision than fair enough but nobody should be telling him to do so.

Every man and his dog knew Floyd wouldn't stay retired, especially since Manny is walking all over his spotlight. Funny how he announces his comeback the days during a massive fight. If he beats Marquez and wants it, Mayweather and Pac-man would be a fight I think we'd all look forward too.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back