PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bottom line: do the Pats get in the playoffs?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

do the pats make the playoffs?

• yes they get in. thank you jacksonville

Votes: 50 50.5%
  • no. they dont make it.

Votes: 49 49.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bottom line. do the pats get in the playoffs?

The Jets arent blowing the game dudes, they still have a slim chance of making the playoffs and theres no doubt in my mind mangina is trying to go out with a win to save face and his job.

Pats are going to the playoffs, and they don't have to go by way of a Jax win, either. I am shocked that as of this post, nearly 60% say the Pats don't get in. On a Pats board nonetheless...:confused:

well at least the jets will be playing at home.

I like the Jets chances to rebound in this game, especially at home. And the Dolphins are JUST NOT THAT GOOD (i keep telling myself).

Hoping for miserable snowy weather in NJ that maybe can help the Jests.

Pats are going to the playoffs, and they don't have to go by way of a Jax win, either. I am shocked that as of this post, nearly 60% say the Pats don't get in. On a Pats board nonetheless...:confused:
why does it shock you? its not like people are picking the pats to lose against buffalo. the ravens should be favored at home against the jags and the jets. well they are the jets. miami is playing well.

I voted that they won't. I expect the Pats to win and win big next Sunday. I also expect the Jets to lose and possibly lose big. My vote was not lack of confidence in the Pats. It is lack of confidence in the Jets. The Dolphins are just the better team right now and the Jets can't even beat bad teams right now.

I voted that they won't. I expect the Pats to win and win big next Sunday. I also expect the Jets to lose and possibly lose big. My vote was not lack of confidence in the Pats. It is lack of confidence in the Jets. The Dolphins are just the better team right now and the Jets can't even beat bad teams right now.

Well, Seattle gave us a run for our money and they are a good December team no matter how poor their record is. Jets are in more familiar territory with Miami and at home.

We will beat Buffalo.
The NYJ will defeat Miami @ home.

What's with the depressing poll results?
I'ts obvious who the REAL, die-hard Pats Fans are at this forum!

I think Favre is going to go out with a winner and I think his team mates will do whatever it takes to make that happen.

just can't see Ravens(10-5) losing to the Jags(5-10)
or
The Hot Fins losing to the terrible Jets

it would be a miracle if either happens

Go PATs!

Last edited:
and what really could suck is the Pats finish 11-5 and don't make it, but one of Denver or San Diego will be in with a record of either 9-7 (if the Broncos win) or 8-8 if the Chargers win.

Not much taht can be done withour revamping the entire playoff format and then what do you do about division winners....but it still sucks.

I am shocked that as of this post, nearly 60% say the Pats don't get in. On a Pats board nonetheless...:confused:

That is not a reflection of the fans' believing the Pats will not win. The Bills could play tough, but I would be amazed if the Pats don't show up geared to thrash them.

The 60% is more a reflection of the lack of confidence in the Jets, which you may have to forgive given the fact the fans here have spent an entire season saying how badly the Jets suck. Baby steps. Saying "it could happen" is about as far as many fans can go to cheering for the Jets. I find I hate myself a little even now for thinking I'd like to see them win this game

Last edited:
Should have waited until after the Jets-Seahawks before posting this poll. The Jets beating the 'phins is more likely to happen than the Jaguars beating the Ravens.

And if the Pats do win the division, they will likely host those Ravens. That will be a tough game. If they survive that, then the next game would be in Pittsburgh. And then at Tennessee or Indianapolis, barring any major upsets (like Denver beating Indy, although Indy at San Diego might be interesting).

I voted No. Too many things have to break right, and we haven't had any breaks whatsoever, exc. for the Jest @ Seattle, the entire season; or the past 4 seasons, really. It's all so horribly, terribly frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes