Both Servers Now Running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
We went ahead late last night and they added the second server, so now we're up and running completely and should be good to go for tomorrow. I've adjusted the system time, and otherwise all seems to be running well. Let me know of any glitches in the "Help Forum" - I'm working today but will keep an eye on things periodically.

Ian

Darn! I liked being able to post in the past! :p

Darn! I liked being able to post in the past! :p

I'm going out on a limb and saying that the Patriots will NOT get embarrassed tomorrow by the Rams in Super Bowl 36.

......now I know people are going to come down hard on me for this, but I actually think they can pull off an upset, but it won't be a runaway.etc.

BTW, keep your eye on this tremendous football player in (Jr. High, no less) named Adam Seward - - the next Lawrence Taylor, mark my words.

Last edited:
Any updates on the search archives?

Running great Ian. Things feel much more smoother now. :D

Any updates on the search archives?

Done - we did that after we were sure everything was running properly. That was the reason for the 30-minute closure of the forum this afternoon, but it's good to go now :cool:

It's absolutely flying now - life is good :cool:

Done - we did that after we were sure everything was running properly. That was the reason for the 30-minute closure of the forum this afternoon, but it's good to go now :cool:

Are you sure? I did a search for 'brady,' and I got the normal 20-page results, but the 20 pages spanned back to 2005. In fact, according to the search results there were two-month stretches without anyone posting the word "brady" on the main forum. Something is wrong there... Even when the search archives only went back to August 20, there were still at least 8-10 pages of results.

Are you sure? I did a search for 'brady,' and I got the normal 20-page results, but the 20 pages spanned back to 2005. In fact, according to the search results there were two-month stretches without anyone posting the word "brady" on the main forum. Something is wrong there... Even when the search archives only went back to August 20, there were still at least 8-10 pages of results.

Hmmm....seems like every search returns 500 results, which makes me believe there's a limit set somewhere - I'll see if I can increase it.

Hmmm....seems like every search returns 500 results, which makes me believe there's a limit set somewhere - I'll see if I can increase it.

Right, but they seem to be randomly chosen over the Dec 2005-present period, instead of just going back to the last 500 instances.

Last edited:
thanks for all the hard work, Ian. I'm sure this stress isn't what you need, particularly on opening day.

One other thing - the Globe left Reiss' old blog link to die, and they now have a new blog link and apparently an RSS link. You may want to update that on the homepage.

One other thing - the Globe left Reiss' old blog link to die, and they now have a new blog link and apparently an RSS link. You may want to update that on the homepage.

I'm doing that and replacing the other with Chris Price's blog also. That will be done tonight. The admin was locked during the update, so I haven't been able to update anything until now.

Right, but they seem to be randomly chosen over the Dec 2005-present period, instead of just going back to the last 500 instances.

Try it now.

I'm doing that and replacing the other with Chris Price's blog also. That will be done tonight. The admin was locked during the update, so I haven't been able to update anything until now.

Much better. There's now 200 pages, spanning September 2008-present, i.e. the 5000 most recent 'brady' instances.

So...

How about those old empty threads from 9/04 through 12/05? :D

Or how about that block of empty threads from 12/31/1969 at the end of the therad list? :D

Just kidding...maybe...

Much better. There's now 200 pages, spanning September 2008-present, i.e. the 5000 most recent 'brady' instances.

So...

How about those old empty threads from 9/04 through 12/05? :D

Or how about that block of empty threads from 12/31/1969 at the end of the therad list? :D

Just kidding...maybe...

There's a "Remove Orphan Threads" function that I'll run which will get rid of all the '04 - '05 posts. I'll do that on a night I'm up at 1am - 2am, since it's better to do that when the load is down. I have to run a backup first also just in case something goes awry ;)

There's a "Remove Orphan Threads" function that I'll run which will get rid of all the '04 - '05 posts. I'll do that on a night I'm up at 1am - 2am, since it's better to do that when the load is down. I have to run a backup first also just in case something goes awry ;)

Oh, I was thinking the opposite. I was dying to read that "Let's sign Burgess as a 3-4 OLB" thread from early 2005. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes