PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Both SB losses have made losing easier for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been a fan since mid 70's - losing was never good but honestly after the 3rd super bowl win everything felt highly pressurized and losses became harder. Then 2007 was just the worst thing ever - both the pressure of the reg season and of course the "dissapointment". Last year just reaggravated everything and now I am really reconsidering my entire relationship to football (Pats), the only sport I get emotional about..

This Packers game made me feel a ton better. We're not alone.

Last edited:
I don't know about you guys..but in the SB days..i would get pissed when they would lose..now after losing those past 2 SBs and the jets playoff loss, I don't really get that mad anymore. Especially in the reg season week 3. But still get very mad come playoffs. But those losses have numbed me to losing as to where i just say oh well...where as before i would throw stuff :eek:

Yeah, Super Bowl 42 did it for me. Minutes after the game, it felt like I would slip into a depression. After about a half hour though, I thought to myself: So this is what a Rams fan must have felt like? I was ok after that. Not to the point of wanting to watch highlights or anything, just ok with the fact we lost.

Ever since then, give me an hour at most, sometimes just minutes, and I'm ok.

This loss pissed me off more than any regular season and I may even say play off loss. Simply because of the awful officiating

Obviously you never saw Rod Rust coach a football game.

I kind of agree. The Patriots are 1-2 and I really don't feel all too emotional about it. Sure, I would prefer them to win and when I watch the games, I get hyped up. But, I know this is going to be a good team, they will be there at the end.

I have faith that they will turn it around, peak at the right time and be a dominant force in the playoffs.

IF THE REAL REFS COME BACK

All depends on how emotional you get about these games however my attitude about this team is a bit different his year. I'll try to explain.

I do think that BB & McD are trying to change the offense and I fully support trying to run the ball more. That will cause some inconsistency and some rhythm flux in the passing game. With that said, the talent on offense is too good not to be productive and BB, JMcD and TB will work themselves to death to be successful with this offense. It'll be fine.

I like the talent on this defense as well. It concerns me that the pass rush was awful on Sun as I think the job is too big for Nink and DMc is awful but I do think it will eventually get better and become more consistent.

The referee situation has players second-guessing themselves and I think with a young defense that has caused some churn and indecisiveness which has not helped matters.

On the flip side, since 2004, 5 of the last 7 SB Champions have played on Wild Card weekend and 4 of those 5 WC teams had records of 11-5 or worse. With that said, I guess I really don't care as much as I used to about getting a 1st rd bye or the best record in the conference as much as I used to. I want them to have the best record in the conference but it doesn't mean life or death if they don't achieve it.

So I guess as much as the AZ and BAL games annoyed me, barring a major injury to TB of VW, I still have a lot of confidence in this teams ability to be playing MUCH better and more consistently at the end of the season and make another long playoff run.

I do know that my current attitude has nothing to do with the gut-wrenching 07 and 11 SB losses. Losing regular season games sucks and losing playoff games and SBs suck worse but they aren't the reason I feel differently about this team which has way too much talent and too good of a coach not to get the most out of it that will put it in the best position for a post-season run.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye