PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bostonsportsmedia's response to easterbrook

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved this line from a fan about the Phins game yesterday:

"assuming your opponent couldn't possibly mount any sort of offensive comeback actually seems more insulting than continuing to play..."

Below is a copy of an email I just sent the ESPN ombudsman:

The fact that you have allowed Greg Easterbrook to continue on his anti-Patriots mission has finally gone too far. I will no longer read ESPN online and I just wish I had a subscription to your magazine so I could cancel it.

Greg's most recent "article" etitled, "Colts/Patriots Tilt Shaping as Battle of Good vs. Evil" is the finest piece of biased writing I've ever read. Not only is it biased, but Greg continues to push his anti-Patriots agenda through the platform ESPN provides him...that YOU provide for him.

Yes, I'm a Patriots fan. But many others outside the realm of Patriot nation are growing tired of Mr. Easterbrooks mission.

I believe it is time you cut him off at his knees before someone else does.

Sincerely,
Jack XXXXXX

Last edited:
Wow, did he really write all of that?!! How ridiculous is that? Don't forget this is a "Page 2" column so it's all supposed to be in good fun, but he really took it to the extreme. WTF! This guy has lost his marbles.

So I guess we are the bad guys. I love the media nowadays. There are so many outlets competing with each other. Everyone tries to be more outrageous in order to sell papers, magazines, website hits etc. Forget the truth it really doesn't matter because who has time to really figure out what is going on in the world.

Wow I am dumbfounded that someone would allow such a column to be published despite needing to "feed their family".

When the Colts win 2 more Super Bowls will they become the bad guys?

Last edited:
ESPN needed a guy to be the ying to Bill Simmons yang so Easterbrook seemed to be the logical fit since he hates the Patriots about as much as Bill loves them.

ESPN needed a guy to be the ying to Bill Simmons yang so Easterbrook seemed to be the logical fit since he hates the Patriots about as much as Bill loves them.

Not a good argument, imo. Bill is extremely forthright in his homerism; he mentions it almost every week in the interest of "full disclosure." Easterbrook presents himself as a "neutral party" in the sense that he doesn't openly confess to having some sort of personal beef with the Pats or loyalty to some other team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back