PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Boston Sports: State of the Union

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosslost

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
After reading Kevin McGran's article in the Toronto Star, I took a look at how it truly good it is to be a Boston sports fan.

This something that I plan on making a regular article.

Take a look at the "State of the Union".

I remember one of the last columns the late, great, Wil McDonough wrote for the Globe. He wrote that you have to look at the kind of job your GM is doing when evaluating the state of the franchise. Don't get too hung up on manager/coach and current roster. Because injuries free-agent departures can make a team take a temporary step back. How does the franchise acquire/develop talent? At the time he wrote it, none of the New England franchises were adept at it. Now, things have taken a 180. Belichick and Pioli were as good as there has
ever been. I'm sure BB will be good without his right-hand man. But, can't judge now.

The Bruins roster is stoked full of home-grown talent. The Red Sox have developed a tremendous farm system. The Celtics are great because of a couple of trades. But, they have drafted pretty well too. Rondo, Perkins and Al Jefferson. Throw in the fact that local ownership is willing to spend. And, you have a winning formula.

I remember one of the last columns the late, great, Wil McDonough wrote for the Globe. He wrote that you have to look at the kind of job your GM is doing when evaluating the state of the franchise. Don't get too hung up on manager/coach and current roster. Because injuries free-agent departures can make a team take a temporary step back. How does the franchise acquire/develop talent? At the time he wrote it, none of the New England franchises were adept at it. Now, things have taken a 180. Belichick and Pioli were as good as there has
ever been. I'm sure BB will be good without his right-hand man. But, can't judge now.

The Bruins roster is stoked full of home-grown talent. The Red Sox have developed a tremendous farm system. The Celtics are great because of a couple of trades. But, they have drafted pretty well too. Rondo, Perkins and Al Jefferson. Throw in the fact that local ownership is willing to spend. And, you have a winning formula.

Thanks for adding on to the idea!

After reading Kevin McGran's article in the Toronto Star, I took a look at how it truly good it is to be a Boston sports fan.

This something that I plan on making a regular article.

Take a look at the "State of the Union".
You might want to find a writer who can actually write.

Kevin asked me about what it was like to be a Boston sports fan amongst all the success of all the cities teams.

Should be ...city's...

The article didn't exactly make me realize, only really take a look at, the fact that it truly is good to be a Boston sports fan.

Clumsy, redundant with his second paragraph.

The fifth goal coming under two seconds left.

Incomplete sentence.

It seems fitting that if the Bruins go on to win the Cup, that they will have went through such a historically heart-breaking foe as the Montreal Canadiens.

Went through?

They lost in the American League Championship Series last year, but even making it to that point is an accomplishment to be proud of.

Ending a sentence with a preposition.

Of which Galloway was impressed with Brady's accuracy, and arm strength.

Incomplete sentence.

Enough already. Apologies if the writer's a friend or acquaintance.

You might want to find a writer who can actually write.

Kevin asked me about what it was like to be a Boston sports fan amongst all the success of all the cities teams.

Should be ...city's...

The article didn't exactly make me realize, only really take a look at, the fact that it truly is good to be a Boston sports fan.

Clumsy, redundant with his second paragraph.

The fifth goal coming under two seconds left.

Incomplete sentence.

It seems fitting that if the Bruins go on to win the Cup, that they will have went through such a historically heart-breaking foe as the Montreal Canadiens.

Went through?

They lost in the American League Championship Series last year, but even making it to that point is an accomplishment to be proud of.

Ending a sentence with a preposition.

Of which Galloway was impressed with Brady's accuracy, and arm strength.

Incomplete sentence.

Enough already. Apologies if the writer's a friend or acquaintance.

Yeah, thanks. I wrote it. I'll go ahead and make the corrections, but did you really need to feel the need to kill on it? Did it make you feel better about yourself?

Yeah, thanks. I wrote it. I'll go ahead and make the corrections, but did you really need to feel the need to kill on it? Did it make you feel better about yourself?

Don't write if you can't handle criticisms, especially if the criticisms are of your grammar. Everyone fancies themselves a writer and most writers and wannabee writers are really, really picky about poor grammar or sentence structure.

Instead of getting defensive realize that if you want to make something of this then it is going to be helpful to have such glaring issues pointed out to you.

Sorry. I didn't realize it was your writing.

Don't write if you can't handle criticisms, especially if the criticisms are of your grammar. Everyone fancies themselves a writer and most writers and wannabee writers are really, really picky about poor grammar or sentence structure.

Instead of getting defensive realize that if you want to make something of this then it is going to be helpful to have such glaring issues pointed out to you.

I can handle criticism with the best of them. I am a Reconnaissance Marine.

What I can't stand, is lack of tact. There was no need to be so rude about it. I really do appreciate the help with such things, as I am no means an expert.

More than anything, I wanted to share the emotion I feel about our teams all the time. If my grammar is messed up, oh well. It's Bleacher Report. Not exactly the Globe.

Plus, it's not like I think I'm the next Mike Reiss or something. The idea was for it to be an outlet for everything I think about, because I live in San Diego where I'm the minority. I started doing that, before I found this place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots