PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Boston Sports Radio Wars Rosters: Tanguay & Zo, Felger & Mazz...

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for Pete and Fred, annoying as they can be at times, I'd rather be annoyed by some homer shmuck making a fool of himself in the name of comic relief than some arrogant twit attempting to create controversy or make fools out of the NEP to advance his own insignificant career... But I guess that's just me.

Classic...

I'm a conservative and he is embarassing. Hes a hairy Ann Coulter.

Which I would take as a compliment, while you should take your conservative (in name only) politics to the Political forum.

Which I would take as a compliment, while you should take your conservative (in name only) politics to the Political forum.

I respect your requests.

No need to pass judgement, Captain.

Has anyone noticed the changes on WEEI already? They are starting closer to the top of the hour, sticking to their "scheduled" break times, and going to calls earlier and more often. Also, they are taking shorter commercial breaks.

They are sticking a 30-45 second break followed by phone calls into their first segment, breaking up the monotony of the host-driven first 20-30 minutes.

Apparently they have heard a lot of the complaints about too many commercials and not enough interaction.

Frankly, I gave up on WEEI when Bruschi came back from a friggin' stroke so on the one day a week where there may be Patriots talk, they go wall to wall Red Sox because they moved their GM to a consultant.

It was before we knew that without Felger the were pom-pom only. (Smerlas is better than that, someone told him to "dumb it down" and we get schtick about the Christmas donkey.)

I don't care if WBZ puts trained monkeys on. As long as they don't have callers discussing possible 5 way trades for Vartiek in November they are miles ahead.

I am NOT excited about less Patriots access and Pats Monday will pull me back to WEEI... or at least their website for the replays.

That is another reason I hate WEEI. I go to Patriots.com and stream the show. Too often I hear Smerlas and DeOssie breaking down possible Red Sox deals. Do I need to mention it is November?

Yes, Andy all of the calls were Red Sox.:rolleyes:

Good bye WEEI.

I respect your requests.

No need to pass judgement, Captain.

Agreed...now back to football.

If Bradford's observations hold form, then we have already seen the benefits of real competition in the marketplace.

P.S.: Section103's otherwise valid points notwithstanding, I feel that the Whiner line is the best part of the Big Show.

98.5 has hired Damon Amendolara from a sports talker in Miami to be their night time host.

He has also filled in at WFAN.

LINK (scroll down)

Mazz and Felger are like listening to chalk on a blackboard....it's a BAD choice!!! I met Mazz a long time ago..9,10 years.....but even then he was an annoying snotty putz..He MAY know baseball..let him stick to that..football?? he's far out of his league and for his football comments..I think all fans of football should say hello to the little gasbag when he's at Panera...I have a few times...

I don't like Felger, Mazz, or Tanguay and Zo is just passable, so I'm not impressed with their lineup. But I have to agree with some of the other posters that WBZ's addition will give EEI the competition that it needs to take a look at what they are doing and hopefully improve. They've already started with the olive branch to the Globe and not having that huge block of commercials after the Sports Flash. Competition is a good thing, and EEI is going to have to step-it-up to stay on top.

This guy should be a big hit here. A former Dolphins and KC talk show host (who thought Herm was a good coach and the GM was the problem) who as it turns out is a born and bred NYer and die hard giants (and all things NY) fan... Who disses BB and refers to Brady as Mr. Bunchen. I'm sure he will be objective. He certainly won't be a homer...

Think Tank Archive Story - The D.A. Show - Sportsradio 560 WQAM - Miami - Weeknights, 8p-11p

Yuck. Another Craig Mustard = another terrible choice by 'BZ. Given all the talented, passionate, and local NE people in the business, why in the world does the station have to look for outsiders, esp. those in a NY state of mind? I'm not looking for a blind, IBBIT homer, but I am looking for someone who wants the Pats - and Bs, Cs & Sox - to succeed, unlike Mustard, Gresh & Amendolara.

Color me very, very unimpressed with WBZ's choices of on-air "talent"(snicker).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes