Not open for further replies.

Vataha

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The Boston Media represents the Fans of Boston Sports teams:

Yes

No

Now do it with a multiple vote poll allowing us to decide if say Chris Price or Mike Reiss represent the fans vs a Felger or Borges...actually, isn't it getting close to th time BSMW does it's little reader's choice poll?

Fans enjoy watching games and are allowed to have hope.

The media is paid (in some cases by a team or ownership group) to be critical and "objective". Games are a job for them. Enjoyment for the rest of us.

The Boston sports media is waaaay out of touch with the fan bases of the two big teams (Red Sox and Pats). Remember getting chastised for booing Damon and the Pats at half-time of Game One? We, the fans, will likely get a stern warning not to boo Vinatieri when he comes back to town as well.

I don't know what the media has to complain about...they get to go to all the games for free! :rolleyes:

Box_O_Rocks said:
Now do it with a multiple vote poll allowing us to decide if say Chris Price or Mike Reiss represent the fans vs a Felger or Borges...actually, isn't it getting close to th time BSMW does it's little reader's choice poll?

I do agree with your assessment.

Reiss and Price offer opinions that are closer to the fans that I relate to every day.

But they are Sportswriters that don't make a lot of "appearances" on the radio and television.

Plus when they(Reiss)does make an appearance and he has a negative take on a subject,he explains himself with a little more tact then the screaming banshees on the radio and TV.

Do blogs count as media??

Everybody vote?

Vataha said:
I do agree with your assessment.

Reiss and Price offer opinions that are closer to the fans that I relate to every day.

But they are Sportswriters that don't make a lot of "appearances" on the radio and television.

Plus when they(Reiss)does make an appearance and he has a negative take on a subject,he explains himself with a little more tact then the screaming banshees on the radio and TV.

Reiss is terrible on both TV and radio. It takes him way too long to get out what he's trying to sy and you can tell he's not comfortable. Come on, even the biggest Reiss backers can admit that, no?

Hell no they dont represent me at least. I hate Borges but seriously Felger has been 10x worse recently. He's a moron and whatever he says is just a mouthfull of crap and no one can deny it. Homer or not.

Everybody vote?

I'm Ron Borges? said:
Reiss is terrible on both TV and radio. It takes him way too long to get out what he's trying to sy and you can tell he's not comfortable. Come on, even the biggest Reiss backers can admit that, no?

yeah, maybe because he actually thinks about both sides of an issue, instead of just taking the anti-BB stance solely to create controversy... as a reporter, you either have to break actual news, or create controversy (when you have no content to deliver), a la toadie borges

Mike Lynch said it best.

About being "conversational",rather then "confrontational".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back