PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Boston sports fans are Mental

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifer

Banned
Reaction score
Sure that loss sucked, but the stuff im reading.. 7 sports championships in 10 years including the Stanley Cup last June. A team in the Super Bowl. An NBA Championship 3 years ago. A World Series title less than 5 years ago. Do you think this normal? Or how its going to be 10 years from now? Stop the whining how the local teams have put you though so much. Go live in ANY other city in the country and you'll see how frickin good Boston sports fans have it.

Sure that loss sucked, but the stuff im reading.. 7 sports championships in 10 years including the Stanley Cup last June. A team in the Super Bowl. An NBA Championship 3 years ago. A World Series title less than 5 years ago. Do you think this normal? Or how its going to be 10 years from now? Stop the whining how the local teams have put you though so much. Go live in ANY other city in the country and you'll see how frickin good Boston sports fans have it.

Most of the idiots you talk about are fairweather fans my friend

Sorry for being upset that my favorite football team lost the championship game. Mea maxima culpa.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

they are the spoiled fans they just started following sports with in the last 10 years or so so they don't know what it is really like out there.

Yes this loss sucked a lot with the missed chances but the fact that they got there with a D held together with duct tape and hope is shocking

they are the spoiled fans they just started following sports with in the last 10 years or so so they don't know what it is really like out there.

"They"? I remember when the Red Sox were lovable losers during most of my lifetime. I remember the Bruins being a exercise in futility for most the 39 years they didn't win the Cup. I remember the 1-15 and 2-14 Pats seasons.

I think most Boston sports fans know their history and this 10-year stretch has been amazing. However, I don't see how you can complain about "spoiled" fans when the Pats just lost the Super Bowl again to the Giants.

there is a difference between being upset about the loss and being spoiled the "fans" that are going over the top calliing for he heads of every player that made a tiny mistake and that are ranting and raving are the "fans" that I am refering to as spoiled fans. I am pissed they lost but there is no reason to not appreate the season as a whole i wasn't refering to you directly it just seemed that way cause of how the posts fell

Last edited:
I think this loss would have been much less critical to sports fans of the Boston area if it were San Francisco,Green Bay or any other state but New York/New Jersey.

Just like it is when the Yankees win the AL after beating the Sox,fans would not be as upset if the Sox lost to the Angels ect:

If I have $100 in my pocket and $25 falls out, should I just be happy I have $75 or pissed because I lost the $25?

Being pissed the team lost is one thing, but the venom being flung at people like Tom Brady and Bill Belichick who have given us SO much is pretty sickening. For that matter, I don't think Wes Welker intentionally botched the catch in order to make your lives miserable. This divine right Boston fans feel they have to win championships and anything less is a choke or sucks or the guy needs to leave is quite Yankee fan-like. Gillette will be empty the day Belichick and Brady are gone and the Patriots have a 7-9 season. It was more to be a fan ten years ago when there weren't so many bandwagon jerks around.

Yes this loss sucked a lot with the missed chances but the fact that they got there with a D held together with duct tape and hope is shocking
Bravo.....:ditto::agree::yeahthat:

It was more to be a fan ten years ago when there weren't so many bandwagon jerks around.

Yeah, I'd trade in those three championships so the Patriots will suck again and the bandwaggoners will leave. :rolleyes: Gain some perspective, please.

The bandwagoners come with sucess we don't have to like them and i doubt any one would trade for that.

If I have $100 in my pocket and $25 falls out, should I just be happy I have $75 or pissed because I lost the $25?

You can be pissed you lost the 25 but don't chuck the 75 away cause you list the 25

Yeah, I'd trade in those three championships so the Patriots will suck again and the bandwaggoners will leave. :rolleyes: Gain some perspective, please.

You know damn well what I meant. Ok, fine, then, it was more fun to be a Patriots fans even back in 2005 and 2006 when the fans weren't pissing and moaning about how much the Patriots owed us. Its people like you who have no perspective not getting a grip on reality that's its ONLY because of Belichick and Brady the Patriots aren't a .500 team AT BEST.

The fans freaking out and saying trade Brady and stuff like that are pathetic. It's a team loss, a game we lost because of six or seven different plays that all went NY's way. They got all the breaks and the lucky bounces that it seemed like we always used to get. But there's no absence of clutch. Brady to Branch on 4th and 16 was pretty damn clutch, if NE had won it would have been considered one of the greatest plays ever. That drive at the end of the first half, 14 plays, 96 yards, was incredible. Brady hit 16 throws in a row in that game, he was 19 for 22 at one point, and his final stats still don't even look that bad even with time constraints, hail mary's and drops forcing a lot of incompletions onto his record in the 4th quarter. I can't believe the venom I hear at him today. Just because he doesn't have 3 receivers like Eli who can all go up and make incredible catches.

And the reason why this loss hurts so bad is because there isn't an easy answer. I liked this team because they were mentally tough, I knew when we went down 9-0 that it wasn't over, that they would bounce back somehow. Being shut out for the last 20 minutes of the game was pretty awful. But we still should have won, and everyone knows it.

The sad part about having all your teams in contention every year is all the heartbreaking losses you have to deal with as well. That's just how it works, particularly in a single-elimination sport like football. We've had three years now since our last SB win where we were one play away from winning the Super Bowl (07, 11, 06 because we weren't losing to Chicago). Other Boston teams have been this close as well. But that's how sports work. Sometimes you get the 2001 Pats or 2011 Bruins, sometimes you get the 2010 Celtics or 2003 Red Sox. So close.

I mean, it's okay to feel pain. It's okay to be upset when you lose a championship your team was that close to winning. It doesn't make you spoiled. All those fans that don't have it as good as we have had over the last decade - they'd still be feeling the same way if their sports town got that close to nirvana and faded away at the final moment.

So be unhappy all you like. Rue all the missed opportunities. Just don't go out trashing our organization and our team. Don't say bad things about guys like Tom Brady and Wes Welker who wanted it far more then I think any of us could understand. (Gisele is fair game.) Direct your anger somewhere else deserving, not at the people who have brought us so much success than any other team in their tenure here and spend most of their years being unhappy that they haven't brought more. If you don't believe me, read the Dan Wetzel article. Brady cares plenty.

Because when you do that, you fulfill the stereotype that makes everyone else hate Boston/NY sports fans. Don't be that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down