PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Boston Magazine: Why is Robert Kraft so desperate for our attention?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read it a few days ago. Some interesting stuff. It's pretty clear he wants to be loved by everyone but makes mistakes in trying to attain that goal. One can drive themselves crazy trying to please everyone.

"When Belichick was caught spying on other teams’ signals to their players from the sidelines in 2007, which is cheating"

I was actually enjoying the article until that point, then I stopped reading.

Not entirely sure what you're suggesting, but that line I quoted suggests that this is just more tripe from someone who doesn't know what he's talking about and has an anti-Patriots agenda. Not worth my time.

Not suggesting anything. Your quote pretty much ensured that I wasn't going to read the article.

I've read and heard enough crap in the last 15 years dumping on the Patriots. Whatever Kraft has done to piss us off in the last 6 months (and there's been a lot), there are plenty of other NFL people far more deserving of my criticism than Kraft. Thanks, but anti-NE fatigue alone is enough to make me pass on reading more crap.

I've read and heard enough crap in the last 15 years dumping on the Patriots. Whatever Kraft has done to piss us off in the last 6 months (and there's been a lot), there are plenty of other NFL people far more deserving of my criticism than Kraft. Thanks, but anti-NE fatigue alone is enough to make me pass on reading more crap.

The article isn't anti-NE by any stretch

Last edited:
Read this article now...... Really insightful, and totally worth the read

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/article/2015/09/29/robert-kraft/

Does this make you guys feel more sympathetic, and less angry towards Kraft?

No. He did a Neville Chamberlain with the NFL and got it shoved up his wazoo.

I'm sure BK is a great person but he seems to be taking a knife to the gunfight when hr deals with the other billionaires and the NFL . He deserves plenty of criticism for that. A lamb among Lions.

If Bob Kraft wants to win back the hard core fans, he needs to stop supporting Goodell & call him what he really is....

Incompetent !

Goodell is also a liar, but I don't expect Kraft to go that far. Just stop supporting Goodell would be a step in the right direction.

If you want to read the article but don't want to give Boston Magazine a click on account of their ****ty reporting, have at it:

http://www.donotlink.com/www.bostonmagazine.com/news/article/2015/09/29/robert-kraft/

I think it's well-established that I'm no fan of Kraft, and even I think this is a tabloid-quality hit piece. The article claims that even in giving millions of dollars to charity, Kraft is still somehow a jerk, because reasons. And as supporting points, the author points to where he makes himself too visible in his charitable endeavors, and simultaneously points to where he makes it a condition of his charity that his name not be disclosed.

Those are opposite extremes that cannot be used in support of the same point, but somehow the author finds a way. Finds a way by not even trying to make a coherent, consistent, halfway reasonable argument anywhere in this pile of **** that can only be generously called an article.

When it comes to an owner pandering for attention, Jerrah Jones is the GOAT...Kraft is not even close, thank goodness

I am hearing excerpts from the article on WEEI and it seems like a smear piece on Kraft. I know they are cherrypicking quotes from the article, but it seems pretty shoddy of a piece like slamming him for dating a much younger woman (hey, this happens in Hollywood all the time and by celebrities everyone love) and his family for defending it, becoming a successful businessman disappointing his father who wanted him to help people as a rabbi (as if Kraft doesn't help people as a billionaire through his charities) and only doing charity work for the attention.

I know it is a long article and you can make the article look bad by taking out select lines out of a much larger piece, but it seems like anything but a slanted piece from what I have read.

BTW, I don't think Kraft looks for attention for the good he does more than any public people. A lot of famous people do charity work just for the good publicity. A lot of rich people do charity work for the social and the status aspect. These may be part of the consideration by Kraft, but I think his primary reason for doing this stuff is because he wants to do good and he is fortunate enough to have the resources to make an impact.

I don't care what he says or does, so long as he's in bed with Goodell, he's dead to me. I hope they (meaning all 32, plus the Ommisioner and all the VPs) all end up in a Trading Places ending together.

I didn't read it as a hatchet job at all. and I think that the ambiguous conclusion is fitting:

"The temperature, you might say, has been turned up on Robert Kraft the past few years as he negotiates the last act of his long life in the public eye. “How you navigate through that,” Martin says, “that’s what determines whether you’re going to be a success or a failure.”
"Or perhaps it does something else. Perhaps the intense heat reveals exactly who you are."

In other words, "stay tuned, the final chapter to this man's story has not been finished and the conclusion is unclear."

That article is an utter waste of time, written by an author desperate for attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes