PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Boston Mag: NFL wins no matter what because of lost picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's a mess nobody would want for sure, but by the same token, there's nothing that kraft can do about the draft picks.....its a closed case and to continue is futile.......the saints gave up 2 2nd rounders over a bunch of nothing also....that's life....it's time to start watching football
What about the next time? Mark my words, there will be a next time...There comes a time when you have to stand up to the bully or face a lifetime of wedgies............

What about the next time? Mark my words, there will be a next time...There comes a time when you have to stand up to the bully or face a lifetime of wedgies............

image.gif

I actually see it like this: Bobby is the one that laid down for his BFF and ate the draft picks, that's on HIS legacy. Br4dy acted like a ****in' champion and stood up to the ********, that's on HIS legacy. Over time Roger will be seen more and more as the 'tard he is and defamegate will be a forgettable blip on history's radar. Eff the haters, eff them all.

Maybe I'm off base here but I see a remedy for the Patriots unjustly losing their first-round pick that would simultaneously stick it royally to Goodell and the rest of the league...

The Patriots should sign Ray Rice. A proven Rice, still in his prime, would be at least the equal of an un-proven first-rounder. After his public travails he would most likely be strongly driven to prove himself a good citizen given a second chance. And just having him in a Patriots uniform would drive the haters crazy. Can you imagine what Rice could do to Indy a la Jonas Gray?

OK, I know people are gonna hate the idea, but the way I see it the Patriots organization already got punished for nothing...they might as well do the crime!

Last edited:
I was thinking more along the lines of...

It took 8 years to raise a Lombardi after the Spygate draft pick penalty. Could an extra premium player on the rosters of the two losing NE Super Bowl losers have helped them win more hardware?
......DEFINITELY

In the twenty picks after Pats would have picked had it not been taken away, the following players were drafted: Jordy Nelson, Brandon Flowers, Calais Campbell, Matt Forte, Curtis Lofton. I think any of those guys would have helped and we tend to have a good track record of the finding the good ones in round one.

Have patience. People need to see the ideal gas law work right in front of their faces to figure out the truth. I hope the patriots show the ball pressure of a few balls as a continuous feed from the locker room to a freezing outdoor field. That's how you turn disbelievers.

Have patience. People need to see the ideal gas law work right in front of their faces to figure out the truth. I hope the patriots show the ball pressure of a few balls as a continuous feed from the locker room to a freezing outdoor field. That's how you turn disbelievers.

Kraft is too gutless to do that.

I am amazed at the arguments presented by the Kraft apologists that I don't even think Kraft in retrospect would agree with. How could it have turned out worse than it has. By failing to show courage, you certainly get no respect from your opponents and lose what respect you had with your allies. Does anybody think that Kraft has even a modicum of influence to be used when they come after his team and especially BB as they will since they know that he is to put it kindly a pacifist in any encounter.

Just to be clear, I accept the picks are gone, we got screwed and it's BS.

But, if Brady gets a favorable ruling AND all the data next year comes through showing nothing happened Kraft could turn around and demand the picks back and an apology. He probably will get neither but public opinion could shift.

Of course this is why the data on ball inflation next year will never, ever see the light of day.

Just to be clear, I accept the picks are gone, we got screwed and it's BS.

But, if Brady gets a favorable ruling AND all the data next year comes through showing nothing happened Kraft could turn around and demand the picks back and an apology. He probably will get neither but public opinion could shift.

Of course this is why the data on ball inflation next year will never, ever see the light of day.

So what?

Losing the picks is way, way worse than the Brady suspension. Kraft is a wimp. The pain from losing he pick will last for years whereas losing Brady for a few games will be over shortly.

The media are idiots for not concentrating on the real outrage of the punishment, the picks.

Kraft is too gutless to do that.

If not him then someone needs to do it and have a national audience to show it to. Maybe some ambitious fans can figure something out because that can be a way to get our draft picks back.

I still have trouble with calling Maroney a miss, since I think he was a good talent who just got derailed by unforeseeable injuries. But even I think we can all agree that Meriweather was a miss.
Maroney had two huge games to get us into SB. Not like the guy didn't do anything.

So many of you foolishly talk like Bob Kraft had any control of whether or not the Patriots would ever retain these draft picks. Come on, you're smarter than that. You know that Goodell had decided that draft picks were gone regardless. Put the blame for the lost draft picks where it belongs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots