PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"BOSTON" logo in Gillette endzone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's for the movie.

tailgater said:
I assume it's there for the movie? Saw it on the web cam that aims at the lighthouse. Only see a small portion f that EZ:

http://instacam.com/InstaCAM/imagelist_by_week.asp?id=FXBRG
That's the movie THE GAME PLAN starring the Rock as the Boston Rebels QB who finds out he has a daughter he didn't know about. Filming yesterday along the Boston Waterfront.

Ya i think the "rock" 's movie is being filmed there now or shortly!

yup, definitely for the movie,

My Wife got to go on the set of the movie, which means yes, she got to walk on the field of Gillette. I am so jealous.

oh, and she met the Rock too

Just reminds me how much I wish this team was called the "Boston Patriots" again. Argh....

Jacky Roberts said:
Just reminds me how much I wish this team was called the "Boston Patriots" again. Argh....

Boston doesn't deserve it for all the crap Southie Pols and Tommy Finneran threw on Bob Kraft when he tried to build a privately funded stadium at the seaport.

I don't want to ruin the movie for anyone who may actually be excited to see it, but they have painted some cool logos on the field and the sidelines (trying to make Gillette look like 2 different stadiums). In reality, all this green paint makes the field look the best it has all season.

Jacky Roberts said:
You just made my stomach turn.
icon_vomit.gif

Jacky Roberts said:
Well, I just have fond memories of a team named the Boston Patriots. Not that Boston politics was ever good to them, or that they ever won anything, and even lost 51 - 10 in the AFL title game in 1963, but it was nice to get our own team in Boston.

Jacky Roberts said:
The thought of that makes me ill.

Should be the Providence Patriots. Sounds better, plus Providence is closer to the stadium than Boston.

PLUS our french restaurants with bodybuilder chefs are MUCH better down here.

Jacky Roberts said:

Agreed.

shmessy said:
Boston doesn't deserve it for all the crap Southie Pols and Tommy Finneran threw on Bob Kraft when he tried to build a privately funded stadium at the seaport.

Hmm, somehow I also agree with this.

Oh well, they represent all of New England, and that's fine with me. Just makes for more parade routes to see them on.

At the risk of starting the whole throwback issue up again, wouldn't it be cool if we did have Boston in the endzone if we ever wear the throwbacks? I like the way that San Diego go all the way on their powder blue weekends by putting throwback logos in the endzone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots