PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Boston Globe: Scouting Report on Skins game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not too worried about their secondary because the simple fact is that when we spread defenses out there is no secondary that can consistently stop our passing game. And Fred Smoot? Brady beat him like a drum last year. Look for it to happen again tomorrow.

You know what they say about "On any given Sunday".

Aside from a Rudy Miracle of the Ages, the Skins secondary is going to get torched. The Patriots have too many guys to cover them all when Brady has time. Therefore, the only way to stop Brady is to dump him on his arse.

Name a front four in the NFL (because blitzing doesn't work against Brady) that can bring that kind of pressure against a top 5 OL with Kyle Brady lined up next to them.

It ain't the Redskins.

No cover guys can cover forever.

It's about how much time Brady has in that pocket. If he has time, he'll torch that defense.

Aren't Smoot and Rogers all banged up? Last I saw of an injury report, they are both listed as ?probable? after missing portions of practice all week. If they are not at full speed, there's no way they can slow, nevermind stop, the Pats passing attack.

If they have a great day they might hold Brady to 4 TDs. They might get 2.

We are going to kill the Redskins, even though it will probably be a little bit tougher.

Nobody can stop Moss, except his own team. I expect them to save some plays for the Colts game, but hopefully we can still have some fun on Sunday with a few deep balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes